Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

So, they released a Star Wars EP7 Trailer

I've watched it like 5 times. I'm assuming that must be Max Von Sydow doing the voice over but MAN it sounds like Cumberbatch.

Complaints:
    That lame lightsaber....
    The odd speeder

Everything else=awesome! I even like the little soccer ball droid, it felt like a throwback to classic star wars and it's penchant for cheesy droids.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I've watched it like 5 times. I'm assuming that must be Max Von Sydow doing the voice over but MAN it sounds like Cumberbatch.

Complaints:
    That lame lightsaber....
    The odd speeder

Everything else=awesome! I even like the little soccer ball droid, it felt like a throwback to classic star wars and it's penchant for cheesy droids.
    Yeah I don't get that lightsaber. Otherwise I marked out.

Shut up and take it already!

:nerdgasm:

The voice over sounds rather Cumberbatchy

See the Star Wars nerd in me loves it but little things like the air duals in the atmosphere are totally contrary to what teh x wing and ties were designed for.....

I still can't wait.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

My gripes:

1. Stormtroopers are all clones of Jango Fett. That stormtrooper is nowhere near Jango Fett.

2. That lightsaber makes no sense. He would have no fingers.

3. That droid on a ball.

4. The Empire fell. It fell apart. Why are there still Stormtroopers and TIE fighters 30 years after the Empire fell?!

4a. The extended universe is null and void now. No Grand Admiral Thrawn, Boba Fett did not escape the Sarlaac Pit - he is dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    My gripes:

1. Stormtroopers are all clones of Jango Fett. That stormtrooper is nowhere near Jango Fett.

2. That lightsaber makes no sense. He would have no fingers.

3. That droid on a ball.

4. The Empire fell. It fell apart. Why are there still Stormtroopers and TIE fighters?

4a. The extended universe is null and void now. No Grand Admiral Thrawn, Boba Fett did not escape the Sarlaac Pit - he is dead now.
    The clones all died out prior to A New Hope. All of the Stormtroopers in the original trilogy were non-clone conscripts.

Agree on the saber.

Droid is awesome hush your face...

Even in the EU it took forever to wipe the empire out and there were always stragglers trying to hold out.

While the EU is non-cannon they can easily pick and choose what parts of that become cannon. No saying that Fett's escape as it was in EU couldn't become EU cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka[/QUOTE
    Even in the EU it took forever to wipe the empire out and there were always stragglers trying to hold out.

While the EU is non-cannon they can easily pick and choose what parts of that become cannon. No saying that Fett's escape as it was in EU couldn't become EU cannon.
    I would agree on Empire not falling, however, as shown at the end of the new Episode 6, the Empire was overthrown on numerous planets as shown by the toppling of statues, etc. that Stormtrooper looks like he is on Tattooine (sic). If memory is right, that was one of the planets where the Empire was overthrown and if memory is also correct, it was also along the Outer Rim of the Empire - essentially the Frontier.

Of course though, he could be all sweaty and panicked because he knows he is in hostile territory.

It was decent, did the job of a teaser....showing enough to get your attention, but show little to make you more interested in amped for the next trailer.

As for non-clone stormtroopers. It's possible he is someone who enlisted. The Emipre fell and lacks numbers. What little remained could've asked or talked people into enlisting in the Imperial army.

The saber could be designed that way to allow the user better control. He might be using a crytsal that is unstable, maybe in order to stablize it the handle had to be designed that way to ease/release energy, stablizing the crystal or at the least giving better control over an unstablized crystal.

That stormtrooper is John Boyega. I think he's supposed to be the new generation of the main cast.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

"The crossguard was developed in the European sword around the 10th century for the protection of the wielder's hand. "

I think Luke woulda liked that lightsaber.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    See the Star Wars nerd in me loves it but little things like the air duals in the atmosphere are totally contrary to what teh x wing and ties were designed for.....

I still can't wait.
    See this is what I'm afraid of. Every fanboy of this franchise is going to cut up every little detail like this. No offense but people need to just enjoy it.