Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It is good enough to take the lead in star wars films for me and in my opinion was the best movie I've seen in the last year. I'd only give the Avengers movies the nod over it in my all time favorites, but only just barely.
    Yeah I'm not trying to talk you out of your opinion. Not the first person I've seen today call it their favorite in the series.

It would have to be pretty Epic to beat out The Empire Strikes back.

I hope it is.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post

I hope it is.
    Beats it in my book. Not only that but it beats it by 1% on the tomatometer.

I hope it is.
    It's not IMO. Empire is a flawless and original masterpiece; its score alone is sheer creative brilliance.

I saw all of them in the theater as each debuted from '77 onwards and I'm a HUGE fan -- used to have all the toys, posters, comics etc. I would probably rank this mostly below the old trilogy and mostly above the prequels, perhaps hovering somewhere around RotJ and RotS.

Critics sure loved it -95% fresh at Rotten Tomatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    It's not IMO. Empire is a flawless and original masterpiece; its score alone is sheer creative brilliance.

I saw all of them in the theater as each debuted from '77 onwards and I'm a HUGE fan -- used to have all the toys, posters, comics etc. I would probably rank this mostly below the old trilogy and mostly above the prequels, perhaps hovering somewhere around RotJ and RotS.

Critics sure loved it -95% fresh at Rotten Tomatoes.
    That's what I would have expected... has to be better than the newer three....because i could do better with my phone and a wrapping paper tube.... but couldn't ever touch the epic-ness of Star wars and Empire... Jedi is the beginning of the sellout phase IMO.

That's what I would have expected... has to be better than the newer three....because i could do better with my phone and a wrapping paper tube.... but couldn't ever touch the epic-ness of Star wars and Empire... Jedi is the beginning of the sellout phase IMO.
    Jedi lost points for teddy bears and blue elephant type muppets.

This does have grand and epic qualities -mostly visual, and even emotionally within two or three certain scenes. It's worth seeing, for sure. I saw it twice today!

But anyone who's seen episode IV a lot (probably 100+ times for me) will recognize much. I'll leave it at that for now.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Jedi lost points for teddy bears and blue elephant type muppets.

This does have grand and epic qualities -mostly visual, and even emotionally within two or three certain scenes. It's worth seeing, for sure. I saw it twice today!

But anyone who's seen episode IV a lot (probably 100+ times for me) will recognize much. I'll leave it at that for now.

Fair deal.....can't wait to see it and judge for myself.

going to see it tomorrow!!! i have not read any other posts in this thread just in case, so far i have not heard a damn thing about it so mission acomplished!

Saw it Saturday afternoon and again Sunday morning. Absolutely loved it... few little bits and pieces that weren't spectacular, but overall a tremendous addition to the Star Wars saga. Think this is my new favorite order

Empire Strikes Back
    A New Hope
    Force Awakens
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Attack of the Clones
    Family Guy parodies
    Phantom Menace

http://thegoodlordabove.com/articles/details/161

this is what i almost did today when i was getting my drink before the movie started lol

i mean, i go out of my way to not look at any social media, told all the employees at work they are fired if they mention a spoiler (jokingly), and didn't listen to any sports talk radio.....just so i wouldn't hear any spoilers this weekend. but when i get there these clowns were all discussing the movie right in front of me??

needless to say they got a tongue lashing and were a bit shocked to see the real life chewy yell at them (i am tall like chewy with a giant chewy like beard at the moment )

i was pissed, i basically heard a spoiler that happened in the movie and it kind of ruined it for me but i really liked it anyways. i was happy with it and i enjoyed it more than any of the first three episodes which is all you can really ask for because nothing will ever compare to episode 4-6 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    http://thegoodlordabove.com/articles/details/161

this is what i almost did today when i was getting my drink before the movie started lol

i mean, i go out of my way to not look at any social media, told all the employees at work they are fired if they mention a spoiler (jokingly), and didn't listen to any sports talk radio.....just so i wouldn't hear any spoilers this weekend. but when i get there these clowns were all discussing the movie right in front of me??

needless to say they got a tongue lashing and were a bit shocked to see the real life chewy yell at them (i am tall like chewy with a giant chewy like beard at the moment )

i was pissed, i basically heard a spoiler that happened in the movie and it kind of ruined it for me but i really liked it anyways. i was happy with it and i enjoyed it more than any of the first three episodes which is all you can really ask for because nothing will ever compare to episode 4-6 for me.
    Yea, some jerk on reddit PM'ed me the largest spoiler in the movie (which I won't mention here, but it was big enough you know what I'm talking about...)

Really frustrating, when it got to that scene instead of being shocked I expected it to happen...really stole the surprise from me.

Yea, some jerk on reddit PM'ed me the largest spoiler in the movie (which I won't mention here, but it was big enough you know what I'm talking about...)

Really frustrating, when it got to that scene instead of being shocked I expected it to happen...really stole the surprise from me.
    probably the same thing i heard, yeah it's a bunch of crap.

That really sucks but personally I thought it was predictable by that point anyway. So you pro all wouldn't have been that surprised if you didn't already know

Although both my buddies gasped when it happened. Personally I felt it was laid out and the scene set up well for us to know it was happening.

You know, we really should have a Star Wars post viewing thread that is tagged for spoilers.