Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

5-9

The Denver Broncos have a 5-9 record when playing on turf with Peyton Manning.

Personally, I found it much easier to cut and run on turf when I played in high school-- compared to playing on grass of course. The speed of the game seemed faster, but that's just my own insight.

Why is it that the majority of the Broncos' losses with Peyton Manning have come on turf surfaces?

wins in italics

27-21 Atlanta
    31-21 Patriots
    31-23 over Cincy
    34-17 over Baltimore

41-23 over Giants
    51-48 over Cowboys
    39-33 Colts
    34-21 Patriots
    Super Bowl

26-20 Seattle
    31-17 over Jets
    43-21 Patriots
    22-7 Rams
    37-28 Cincy
    Last edited by SoundsOfSuccess; 12-22-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Well, it's also raining, it's cold, bad weather... and there's Manning. Not usually a good mix.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    The Denver Broncos have a 5-9 record when playing on turf with Peyton Manning.

Personally, I found it much easier to cut and run on turf when I played in high school-- compared to playing on grass of course. The speed of the game seemed faster, but that's just my own insight.

Why is it that the majority of the Broncos' losses with Peyton Manning have come on turf surfaces?
    Why is it that the majority of the Broncos' wins with Peyton Manning have come on grass surfaces?

If you don't know one, you don't know the other. Weird stats like that all over the game.

wow, we didn't play great, but not good officiating

Yes, we did not play well consistently, but my word, the 15 yard penalty on DT was phantom at best. I knew we could not play close, but we did not come out of the gate at all. Hopefully we play better and not have this officiating crew...

We did not deserve to win regardless.

However, Vinovich's crew is the worst in the NFL.

SO let met get this straight. Peyton can't play on turf in inclement weather with a screaming crowd around him. How about full moons? Or on Friday the 13th's? Why does this stuff even affect him? He's been playing this game his entire life..

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Why is it that the majority of the Broncos' wins with Peyton Manning have come on grass surfaces?

If you don't know one, you don't know the other. Weird stats like that all over the game.
    I would guess that the decreased cutting ability and speed of DBs on grass lets Peyton's weaker throws slide into tight windows that become interceptions on turf.. but I don't know if the surface could make that big of a difference in speed of the game, could it?

Although a terrible call, the Broncos got themselves into the mess by again coming into a game unprepared and disorganized. If there was a game plan, it appears it was noted on a bar napkin 5-minutes before kickoff.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

We do not have the talent to be a pass heavy team

16 passes
    3 runs
    3 ints

Give it credit, the pass happy offense scored 21 points when the Bengals were not prepared. Soon as they adjusted we should have adjusted.

Look what NE did to us when we got all pass happy

Look what the Rams did when we got all pass happy

We just to not have the talent on this team to pass it ALLOT more then we run it.

I think it is a combination of coaching, qbing and offensive line play personally. The coaches are not chipping the dangerous pass rushers with a TE or RB. The QB is throwing picks. The OL is getting beat one vs one. I think all three factors are working together.

Like how we changed it up for a few drives but someone should have put their foot down and started to run the ball again.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Did they even show a replay of Thomas's facemask? If they did, I sure didn't see it. TERRIBLE calls all over the place, and that particular call was a momentum changer.

that call should get the ref fired (but they aren't held accountable), but we shot ourselves too many times. This stings, but we'll move on. Next week...

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Although a terrible call, the Broncos got themselves into the mess by again coming into a game unprepared and disorganized. If there was a game plan, it appears it was noted on a bar napkin 5-minutes before kickoff.
    I was thinking in the locker room right before kickoff, foxy probably used a etch-a-sketch to lay it out

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    We did not deserve to win regardless.

However, Vinovich's crew is the worst in the NFL.
    Exactly. We didn't make plays when they were there to be made. We got whooped and the red excuse is just that, an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    There was a gameplan, the same gameplan used the past 4 games. Gase has got to realize he needs to change things up. We can't come out in a power single back set with the only 2 wrs in tight and expect to run well 5 games in a row. It worked for the first two, not so well the last two and downright terrible tonight. We can run out of different formations, Anderson looked good running out of shotgun

it was a bad call and a changer but we lost anyway. we had a shot and lost. we played terrible really the entire game. unprepared. i don't know seems like this team feels they are entitled to wins or something.