Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    The problem is they don't mix it up enough. If you run on 1st down 90% of the time then you might as well call that a wasted down. It might work on occasion but basically if you show a pattern you're dead in the water.

So then it becomes 2nd and long. That's usually another run or a quick pass for 2 or 3 yards.

So then you're looking at 3rd and 7 and what do you think the call is going to be? A pass for sure. So expect a blitz by the defense to expose the piss poor blocking. So it's going to have to be a short pass made in 2 seconds or less. And it's a good chance it's going to be a WR screen. Everyone knows it's coming, the defense knows it and that's a major advantage for them. If you're constantly in 3rd and long you decrease you chances of getting a 1st down and extending a drive significantly.

There's not enough play action. Not enough throws down the middle to TE's. Not enough RB screens or passes to RBs in the flat....etc...etc....etc...
    Last edited by wicked chaos; 12-23-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FieldisaPat View Post

What's up with his back leg here? Is this the same one with the thigh injury? Or is this just the result of a slippery field? Doesn't look particularly comfortable either way.
    Hmm looks weird but in my opinion nothing to worry about.

Just looks like a combination of him trying to plant that foot but the field was in poor condition due to the rain + you can see he saw something at the last second that made him change his footwork/mechanics on the throw and made him slightly adjust to his right more thus causing that leg to hesistate a bit.

He's okay. I hope so. The Playoffs aren't the playoffs without Peyton.

Goodluck to you guys the rest of the way. Hopefully we see you in the AFCCG.
    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Damn, Julius Thomas was wide open with Iloka twisting and falling to the ground.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Damn, Julius Thomas was wide open with Iloka twisting and falling to the ground.
    I believe CJ was open on that play too

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Julius was wide open, Emmanuel Sanders had gotten open, and CJ Anderson was open...in fact, I think the only person not open was DT, who was double-teamed.

So...yep.

Manning was going to throw the in route, dt was running an in and out. He saw him turn causing the hesitation/trip up. Normally peyton would pull it down and move to the next read but with all the pressure he probably figured he wouldn't have time even though he would have

At 38 everything looks awkward so in mannings case it's perfectly normal

And not just Gase's inability to adapt. The defensive coaching didn't really impress me either. How many 3rd-and-longs did Cincy convert last night using screens? TE screens, RB screens, WR screens. There was a point where Gruden was like, "watch out for the screen, here it comes on the long yardage" and lo-and-behold, it was a screen...that Denver somehow failed to recognize...again...

I'm not saying fans or commentators are better than coaches on the field, but you'd expect that if a fan/commentator can see it, the coach (who gets paid to do this) should be able to see it too...

One caller brought up a good point. That all we do is end rush, has it become just too predictable that teams are preparing for it because JDR just doesn't blitz. Alfred Willams brought a good point, that when we won the two super bowls that our Defensive coordinator at times told our CB Gordon and Crockett, you guys are on your own, out on a island because we're going to be blitzing. Alfred brought up out first super bowl where John Mobley knoched the ball away in the final play to win the game. It was called "big bomb blitz" and it's a blitz where they brought everyone and the cb were one on one and had to hold it down. So the quetion was brought up; WHY AREN'T WE BLITZING more when we have two of the most talented cb in probably broncos history who can lock there guys down.

The caller also continued that maybe this was a good lose in that we now see the glaring problems with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I'll be more concerned and willing to entertain this discussion when Manning isn't a top 5 QB anymore in virtually every category.
    This is a cop-out. Because the ultimate goal is to win games (including championships) and, sometimes, having a QB w/ "top 5 statistics in virtually every category" isn't what you need to win games. Sometimes, you just need the QB that makes the plays when it matters regardless of how he does the rest of the time.

Russell Wilson was nowhere near the top-5 (or even top-10) in most passing categories last year and yet, still made the plays that mattered to win the Super Bowl. Same thing this year - he doesn't put up big numbers in passing categories, but he makes the plays when it matters. And before you say that the wins are "all on the defense," note that there have been times when Russell makes the one or two crucial plays to seal the win.

Same also applied to Joe Flacco two years ago when the Ravens won the Super Bowl (and the Ravens didn't have anywhere near the defense the Seahawks had last year so Joe actually had to make some plays).

It really has become predictable. No stunts, double A gap blitzs nothing exotic. Simply Von and Ware coming off the end with EVERY1 else in coverage and we get burned.'

This team responds well after losses. I dont like heading into the playoffs on a 4-5 game win streak.
    I think this loss will help more then it hurts. buts thats just my opinion. Cant wait to find out.

Some good news on TJ Ward from Denver post...

"An MRI on Tuesday revealed a sprained neck, leaving him day-to-day."

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Manning may be injured, hurting, and ineffective, but he did not get stupid. This is unnecessary piling-on.

I don't think Manning got stupid - i think he's just panicked. So much so that he "feels" pressure when it's not even there (hence making bad decisions even when he wasn't actually under pressure). Don't get me wrong - I think the offensive line has made Manning antsy; however, Manning needs to "have a short memory" and not be afraid to take the hits. I don't want Manning to start being like Orton, who goes down at the first sign of (possible) contact.

2 calls stand out for me as being completely ridiculous.

1. The dual possession with JT and the defender. It was clear in instant replay that both had possession while in the field of play. Dual possession always goes to the offense. Supposedly they watched it.

2. The phantom call on DT by an official 20 yards behind him. First off, he couldn't see from his viewpoint whether there was a facemask (replay showed there wasn't) and secondly, he completely missed the blatant DPI. And it was BLATANT to the point DT got turned and still caught the ball.

Do officials bet on games or play fantasy leagues. I guarantee some do.
    Last edited by wicked chaos; 12-23-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCJE View Post
    You're kidding right? If McDisaster was such a great coach why didn't St Louis keep him as their OC? I'll give you a hint, it's because he sucks. As far as Gase is concerned any OC is going to look good with the amount of talent on this offense, see McCoy. The last really good OC this team had was Kubiak.
    I'm curious.. does "McDisaster " get any respect for what he does as an OC in NE?

I may not like the enemy, but I will give them the respect they are due. The Pats have a potent multi-dimensional offense. McDanials gets some of the credit. I would contend that he and the Pats show the offensive creativity that many around here are wishing that Gase would show.

Gase can improve. He is only 36yrs old and has a couple of years under his belt as an OC. He will get better with experience. IMO Elway should be doing everything in his power to get him to stay with the Broncos. Stability and continuity are rare commodities in sports. Changing all the coaches every year or two is not the answer. Build something solid with a bright young OC.