Page 1 of 125 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: Week 15: 2014 The Broncos vs The Chargers

Hey Broncomaniacs,

Welcome to another game day thread as the Broncos take on their AFC west rivals the San Diego Chargers. The Broncos team that will will take the field will be a much different one than the one that played week 8. We seem to have switched from a passing game to a running game. The losses to the Pats and Rams seemed to be the impetus for this. Still the last two games Manning has seemed very Unmanning. The 2.72 point he got me in fantasy last week would attest to this. His TD streak is over and many of us our wondering is there some issue going on, is it the arm, the game plan vs some strong defenses, or are they saving his arm to unleash in the playoffs. I certainly don't know.

We have SD, Cincy and Oak left to get through the reg season. We get through this week with a "W" we secure a layoff spot because we will have won the west. We will have a 3 game lead with 2 to play. Gotta get the "W" first.

How do we do in our 14th game of a season. We are a lousy 3-7 over the last 10 years. Of the 3 wins all three were on the road. Of the 7 losses 4 were on the road 3 at home. Which also means 7-10 time we play road game during this week. In fact last year this week we played the Chargers at home, they played a ball controlled offense and won the game. That was our last home loss. Now we face them in their home. They are coming off a loss to the Pats and will be looking to stay in the playoff race.

As I said last time we played them. The Chargers are dangerous,They are fairly close to us in passing and rushing yards per game. Mike McCoy knows Peyton and the San Diego defense is pretty good. Last year the Chargers played us 3 times and held us below 30 points all 3 times. Peyton has 36 TDs this year to Rivers 26. Peyton has about 500 more passing yards over him this season. As Ware stated last time Rivers is good, he managed to avoid our pass rushers many times during that last game.

Last time we won 35-21, Peyton threw 3 TD to Sanders. Hillman had over 100 yards, but Juwan Thompson had 2 TDs. CJ is now the feature back, hopefully his ankle is feeling better. Speaking of feeling better, we can hope Julius will take the field this week as well. We need all the play makers we can get.

I know we got the "W" last week, but it certainly did not feel much like a "W". I'd like to see us dominant is all phases. Teams going for the playoffs should start playing better, not just trying to hold it together. D has been playing better, special teams has slowly improved, run game and blocking are decent. Passing game of all things is kinda Meh... If the run game can't be sustained we may have issues. CJ has 5 TD in his last 3 games, 594 yards running this season. We need to keep it going.

Let''s hope for a good game, no injuries and a "W". Hopefully we don't beat ourselves. Win or Lose please watch what you post, follow the COC and report any violations to the Mod staff. As always GO BRONCOS!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Broncos GOOOOO!!!!!!

It is time to wrap up the West.

GO BRONCOS!!!

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

BLAM! BLAM!
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Broncos Win !!!

May God Bless all the men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

can't wait for this one

also stickied the bad boy since EM is obviously gonna be way to lazy to do it himself.... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    can't wait for this one

also stickied the bad boy since EM is obviously gonna be way to lazy to do it himself.... again.
    Much appreciated REM!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Gooo Broncos!

Get that win! A balanced run and pass game. Dominate on both sides of the ball.

In other words, make it easy on the mods. All we want to see are smiling faces.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I will be there cheering loudly for the Broncos!!! McCoy has just urged Charger fans to support their team and not to sell their tickets to opposing fans... well too bad buddy, cause I bought my tickets months ago!! GO BRONCOS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Gooo Broncos!

Get that win! A balanced run and pass game. Dominate on both sides of the ball.

In other words, make it easy on the mods. All we want to see are smiling faces.
    teams that pass the ball 25 times a game isnt balanced, its a run offence.

Looking forward to watching this one tucked up in bed!
    GO BRONCOS!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Go Broncos!
    I really like Cheese.

I'm hoping to see Phyllis in constant distress and on his back a lot!!!

The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Okay Santa, this is what I want to see today!! Please!!!?!?!?!?

The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

!!!!!!GO DENVER BRONCOS GO!!!!!!