Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Offensive Line Rebuild

At some point, we need to focus on rebuilding this offensive line. Clady clearly has lost a step, or whatver it is regarding an offensive lineman. Valasquez is playing out of position, need a RT. We need some youth at center. We obviously don't need a complete overhaul but we need to focus on acquiring some young talent on the offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco in UT View Post
    At some point, we need to focus on rebuilding this offensive line. Clady clearly has lost a step, or whatver it is regarding an offensive lineman. Valasquez is playing out of position, need a RT. We need some youth at center. We obviously don't need a complete overhaul but we need to focus on acquiring some young talent on the offensive line.
    We are probably 2 additions away from one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. Adding Cedric Ogbuehi from Texas A&M to play RT, along with a free agent center would give us a great line, IMO.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

ya pretty much we are a OC and RT away from a great o-line but with where our team is safety and those 2 spots need to be our top picks

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I actually think Vasquez is a dang good RT. He gave up some pressure today but has looked very very good at times. I wouldn't mind leaving out there especially since there isn't a single rookie or FA who will be better.

Clady is interesting. He has had a bad game here and there but he also has dominate games like against the Bills where he put Jerry Hughes in a vice grip the whole game. I don't see a upgrade needed, in fact, given time Clady may return to his all pro form.

We have two holes IMO. Center and LG. I would love to know what the team thinks of Paradis and Schofield cause if they love them and are just redshirting them this year then we could be set and not even know it.

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    I actually think Vasquez is a dang good RT. He gave up some pressure today but has looked very very good at times. I wouldn't mind leaving out there especially since there isn't a single rookie or FA who will be better.

Clady is interesting. He has had a bad game here and there but he also has dominate games like against the Bills where he put Jerry Hughes in a vice grip the whole game. I don't see a upgrade needed, in fact, given time Clady may return to his all pro form.

We have two holes IMO. Center and LG. I would love to know what the team thinks of Paradis and Schofield cause if they love them and are just redshirting them this year then we could be set and not even know it.
    he is a good OT, but he is an elite OG and i would rather have elite OF and move to pick up a Elite RT high in the draft follow it up by a center and draft D maybe a WR the rest for the draft. specfically Lbers safety and WR who can contribute in special teams. because something needs to give there its a huge weak point

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

The oline is fine as it is. Restructure clady so we can bring back franklin. Ramirez is doing great at rg right now. Vasquez has actually played better at rt this season than rg.

We need a long-term C.

Rodney Hudson from KC would be a good pickup.

Ramirez has played better at G lately, and Vaz has done pretty well at RT.

Clady was doing better until today, just needs to re-do his contract though.

They also have Paradis/Schofield redshirting, and with how well Elway has stocked the team with talent, who knows how they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco in UT View Post
    Loool, Velasquez? Do you even follow the Broncos. No, Vasquez is playing out of his mind. This guy is one of the best O-Lineman we have ever had in the ame vein as Nalen and Lepsis. But we do need one more elite player, be it at C or RT. I would go with an Elite Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    he is a good OT, but he is an elite OG and i would rather have elite OF and move to pick up a Elite RT high in the draft follow it up by a center and draft D maybe a WR the rest for the draft. specfically Lbers safety and WR who can contribute in special teams. because something needs to give there its a huge weak point
    This, this, and more of this.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    It's fine to say let's draft a Elite RT, harder to actually doing it. Franklin was on average the 3rd-5th best RT in the league and he was not elite. Vasquez is playing far better then any RT we have had for over 10 years, he may be one of the best RT in the league right now.

Ya. It's way easier to find a OG in the draft who can step in play above average from day 1 than a RT.

Vasquez is playing excellently at RT and should be kep there.

Draft a OG, OC with our 1st two picks.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan2011 View Post
    Ya. It's way easier to find a OG in the draft who can step in play above average from day 1 than a RT.

Vasquez is playing excellently at RT and should be kep there.

Draft a OG, OC with our 1st two picks.
    Corey Linsley has been the best rookie center and he was a 6th round pick. Just need to draft well and not focus on positions

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Corey Linsley has been the best rookie center and he was a 6th round pick. Just need to draft well and not focus on positions
    Also scheme matters, you have to get the right set up in the right scheme and not all lineman fit into every scheme, plus the line is very much about synergy, so a player who looks good could just as easily be about the guys around him

Though Linsley was on my short list for C's so I cant say I didnt expect this, part of the problem with O-line evaluation is the fact players with a lot of help around them shine so much they get overvalued and the reverse happens for those with not a lot talent around them. You can say that about most positions in football but the O-line is definitely one of the hardest to find because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Also scheme matters, you have to get the right set up in the right scheme and not all lineman fit into every scheme, plus the line is very much about synergy, so a player who looks good could just as easily be about the guys around him

Though Linsley was on my short list for C's so I cant say I didnt expect this, part of the problem with O-line evaluation is the fact players with a lot of help around them shine so much they get overvalued and the reverse happens for those with not a lot talent around them. You can say that about most positions in football but the O-line is definitely one of the hardest to find because of this.
    I wanted Linsley so bad. He was a good center but smaller at like 285 lbs so he was a little lower on my draft board until he put like 42 up on the bench. Just, crushing all the much bigger centers in this draft.

I think we have the makings of a very good OL.

Clady is a little up and down but is only one year removed from a bad injury, I expect him to have a big season next year.

Franklin has gotten better and better at guard after a rough showing, Vasquez needs to move back to guard next season where he is truly elite.

We desperately need a RT, Clark is a decent back-up.... not sold on Cornick.

Also need a center, Ramirez is a good back-up C/G but not a starter IMO.

As ERoyal pointed out we have Paradis and Schofield on the PS so they could be our answer to both positions, who knows