Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Three peat View Post
    Truth is you fear the patriots, that's what you said. Also still waiting for salary gate explanation Skippy
    http://broncotalk.net/2008/05/1485/b...rom-the-1990s/

Yes, fans, the Denver Broncos cheated the salary cap. But not the way so many think. Take a closer look – even a minor, inch-deep look beyond the surface – and you’ll see the salary cap infringements were a mere technicality. And it’s the type of thing that still goes on around the NFL every year, for every team.

John Elway and Terrell Davis accepted deferred payments in those seasons (1996-1998), “deferred” of course meaning “delayed or put off.” The money they were owed wasn’t to be paid until later, with interest. In fact, the now-infamous Washington Post article (linked above) made it clear that this WAS NOT intended to circumvent the salary cap in order to get better players or avoid cutting anyone, but in order to help the Broncos organization during a money-tight period while the new stadium was being built.

“These agreements were plainly designed to help the club cope with seasonal cash flow problems exacerbated by the Broncos’ need to fund front-end expenditures associated with development of the new stadium in Denver.”

The Broncos had to put up around $100 million toward the new stadium, and that was a struggle for the franchise. They basically went into The Bank of Elway and Davis and took out a loan. They weren’t trying to squeeze cap room for their championship run. By all accounts, that money still counted against the cap. They weren’t trying to cheat the sport itself.

Is this so dissimilar to contract restructures we hear about all the time? Every year you’ll hear about players “converting roster bonus into signing bonus.” These moneys that were owed the players in that year then spread out over the life of the contract. Kinda like a deferred payment, don’t you think?

Some members of the organization cheated the system – none of those people were still with the team just a few years later. The Broncos organization as a whole received pretty stiff financial and draft penalties (losing a 3rd round draft pick and nearly $2 million).
    Denver is not a large market team. Elway and Davis helped with cashflow for the stadium....It's not a competitive advantage like your cheating patriots so go find something else to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Or in the case of Patriots fans a complete and total lack of perception...

You are grasping at straws so bad it's PATHETIC...
    Sounds pretty defensive lol. The bottom line is every one is running with this story as a SB guarantee - whether PR means it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Sounds pretty defensive lol. The bottom line is every one is running with this story as a SB guarantee - whether PR means it or not.
    That's because the media loves controversy because controversy sells. They often fudge details or flat out lie to make a story. Like I said, you and the media are grasping at straws...Just like you are grasping at straws comparing spygate to our money woes in the 90's

Quote Originally Posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    1. Tape of super bowl walkthrough was a hoax... Guy making claim was completely discredited and paper who printed that story issued a full retraction.

2. It was confirmed that tape was never used in the game. Only purpose was to study situational football.... "For examply this down and distance and we show this personnel what is the defense gonna play this as"

Not an in game advantage at all and marginally useful. Teams adjust to each other if they play again. Multiple coaches have come out and said there was no competitive advantage gained. Hell bill cowher who was caught on the wrong end of it said he was fine with it.

3. You are incredibly naive and ignorant if you think teams keep the same signals every week and FOR MULTIPLE SEASONS?! Too funny!

My high school football team changed signals every week to fit the game plan... And we weren't a professional team.

4. The whole videotaping controversy is way over blown... BB was punished for arrogance and misinterpretation of a memo that was unclear in its language. The memo (paraphrasing) from 2007 I believe listed areas in which filming was inadmissible but didn't prevent the practice of filming signals. The language of the locations was also vague.

Get over it! For the last 15 years, the patriots have been the most dominant team in football. Fact
    Ummm no, if you're a good team that has the ability to layer it's calls you're not changing every signal every week, that would add so much hassle and the chance that your team would screw up would be massive. Teams change things they'll do and add new signals for these new calls but if you think that a team is changing the signal for every single coverage shell every single week then you're just flat out wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Anybody who is only after clicks to their story. No reputable journalist would put their reputation out their for such a vague comment that every team, every player makes every year, and you know it without making it clear what he did and did not say.

You're just trying to stir the pot and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Anybody who is only after clicks to their story. No reputable journalist would put their reputation out their for such a vague comment that every team, every player makes every year, and you know it. You're just trying to stir the pot and you know it.
    That's pat's fans for you...lame and desperate for attention and always stirring the pot(roast)

Not to long ago everyone was running a story that Brady was done and that BB was washing his hands of him, because one guy in the NE area wrote a blog about a sour relationship. There isnt a player that belongs in the NFL that doesnt think the best possible scenario will happen and aims for it, and nearly any of them when they are in the hunt will say they will win. Heck Redskins were talking SB at the beginning of the year as were some Giants. It really doesnt mean much. He didnt talk bad and Brady was right to respond that he doesnt want to get that big man who abused him last year in the playoffs angry

Chiefs fan here... Enjoy the game; it really doesn't matter as long at it's a good game. Remember that the Patriots are just a different group of men playing a game. The Chiefs played them very well; I don't know that they would do the same again however, they have their strengths and weaknesses.

I just hope Denver wins so Manning will retire; wow, I'm really tired of seeing my team lose to the Broncos. You really don't know how good you have it. You could be Raiders fans! Go thank your parents for living in Denver!

CK

Quote Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
    Chiefs fan here... Enjoy the game; it really doesn't matter as long at it's a good game. Remember that the Patriots are just a different group of men playing a game. The Chiefs played them very well; I don't know that they would do the same again however, they have their strengths and weaknesses.

I just hope Denver wins so Manning will retire; wow, I'm really tired of seeing my team lose to the Broncos. You really don't know how good you have it. You could be Raiders fans! Go thank your parents for living in Denver!

CK
    I don't get it. Why would you like another team in your division to win the SB? That's the last thing you should do as fan. You can't root for a team in the playoffs in your division under any circumstance.

NE has won 12 AFCE in the BB era, and I've never heard any Dolphins, Jets or Bills fan wishing us a SB. The same goes to teams that have dominated like IND w/Manning, or GB w/Favre & Rodgers. Every team in the AFC North & NFC West hates each other, and wishes no good to each other.

I'm not saying you should want NE to win. There is an spread hate on the Patriots in the entire league; I get it. But go ahead and root for Philly or Green Bay or a team you don't care about rather than wishing Denver a SB.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBallgame View Post
    I don't get it. Why would you like another team in your division to win the SB? That's the last thing you should do as fan. You can't root for a team in the playoffs in your division under any circumstance.

NE has won 12 AFCE in the BB era, and I've never heard any Dolphins, Jets or Bills fan wishing us a SB. The same goes to teams that have dominated like IND w/Manning, or GB w/Favre & Rodgers. Every team in the AFC North & NFC West hates each other, and wishes no good to each other.

I'm not saying you should want NE to win. There is an spread hate on the Patriots in the entire league; I get it. But go ahead and root for Philly or Green Bay or a team you don't care about rather than wishing Denver a SB.
    Its because NE fans have no class at all. When you have none you don't understand it when you see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBallgame View Post

First off, people hate the Dolphins as much as the Pats. Jets fans don't exist to my knowledge, and that leaves the Bills, who are as tortured of a franchise as the Browns. They won't be making the playoffs, so you wouldn't need to root for them.
    Brock you like a hurricane!

Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    First off, people hate the Dolphins as much as the Pats. Jets fans don't exist to my knowledge, and that leaves the Bills, who are as tortured of a franchise as the Browns. They won't be making the playoffs, so you wouldn't need to root for them.
    Bills fans are fun they get all excited for the first 9 weeks of the season and start talking SB then they somehow start talking about blowing up the team the next 8 weeks

I'd say Mr. "Pot Roast" definitely bit off more than he can chew on this one. Pun totally intended.

I am trying to see where I am cheering for the Broncos; my reasons are selfish... I want Manning to retire because, in the QB driven league, he makes the Broncos stronger than other teams in the AFC West. Didn't Patriot fans get tired of watching Kelly stomp them year after year? When the Chiefs were strong in the 90s, they consistently lost because the other teams were better at QB. Enjoy it while you have it because talents like Manning/Brady don't come along very often and unless your team is really fortunate, like those darn Colts, you don't see a talent like that for decades, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan4ever View Post
    I'd say Mr. "Pot Roast" definitely bit off more than he can chew on this one. Pun totally intended.

At least he isn't spewing the crap you pats fans and your untouchable QB are.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...ocid=ansNESN11