Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Not a playoff or Super Bowl ready team

I figured a night of sleep would chill my nerves about the game last night, but it hasn't. Well we lost last night and lost really badly, even though the score technically doesn't show that. So now we have our backs in the corner and Fox telling his team they really need to step it up next week so we can secure that bye week. That's all fine and dandy, but here is my issue with that. We should have won last night and that would have been impressive. Yes we will more than likely win next week but it's against one of the worse teams in the league. NOT IMPRESSED by beats a poor team like the Raiders. But let's place this team on a pedestal this time next week and mask our issues with scotch tape. Hold a little, but very weak. Potroast is wrong that we can go any place and we will win, didn't do it last night and certainly won't in Foxboro with Brady and BB one game away from going to the Super Bowl.

Changes need to be made immediately after the last game is over.
    j. Thomas isn't worth a $5 bill and needs to be gone or benched asap. the dream is a bottom of the barrel safety and should not be given a second chance here. Derek Wolfe is a poor mans Jared Allen, but not really that good. Ryan Clady, I really hope Elway deep down has buyer remorse. Ever since he waspaid, he's a joke as well along with all the O line. If McManus can't even do what he's paid to do and the only thing is kick it out of the end zone and can't then cut his butt. Colquit should be shown the door today, he sucks for the money is paid and once paid has gone to garbage. Adam Gase let the HC talk from last year get to his head, high octane offense by a$$. Do I even need to talk about Del Rio, no wonder no one is talking HC jobs with his name in the same sentence. Then there is conservative boy Fox, Elways need to fire that piece of garbage asap. Way to much $ and talent here to be blown out in a Super Bowl and then Get worse with even better talent.

Been a fan since 1977 and haven't missed a Bronco game but this is a pathetic display of Denver Broncos football I can recall. Atleast when the team was lousy we knew it, this 2014 team is a farse. We have a Madden fantasy type of team on paper, but have a really bad team.

Time to blow the team up because this team will not win or even get back to a Bowl game with this coaching staff.
    Last edited by VADER72; 12-23-2014 at 05:25 AM.

I 100% agree. We need a qb with mobility. Rodger, luck, wilson, all can run... time to get the program.

Well said, I agree with you on every point but you should have added one more, Manning needs to retire hes done the game is passing him by. Elway needs to do what he can to either trade up in the draft to get a Mariotta or make a trade with a team that is probably in rebuilding mode to get a veteran experienced QB. Like the saints for example, would like to see the Broncos try to get Brees. I would prefer an experienced QB due to all the talent the Broncos have on this team. Maybe even Cutler would be an option with bringing Shanny back. I don't know but foxball needs to go. This team is not going to the superbowl this year regardless of the bold statements pot roast is making.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]image.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Quote Originally Posted by Colem9r View Post
    Well said, I agree with you on every point but you should have added one more, Manning needs to retire hes done the game is passing him by. Elway needs to do what he can to either trade up in the draft to get a Mariotta or make a trade with a team that is probably in rebuilding mode to get a veteran experienced QB. Like the saints for example, would like to see the Broncos try to get Brees. I would prefer an experienced QB due to all the talent the Broncos have on this team. Maybe even Cutler would be an option with bringing Shanny back. I don't know but foxball needs to go. This team is not going to the superbowl this year regardless of the bold statements pot roast is making.
    Mariotta? LOL I've seen it all now.

smh

Oh the difference a week makes. None of what was said here is accurate, except the lol in regards to Mariota.

Quote Originally Posted by martz11 View Post
    Mariotta? LOL I've seen it all now.

well whats your answer? Oh you don't have one just want to talk crap about what other people post. I didn't say Mariotta was the answer I said I would like to see a veteran QB brought in like a Brees if Elway could manage it.

Who is ready for a playoff run? Brady? He's throwing picks as of late too, and has needed his team to bail him out.

Rodgers? Yeah, he's had one good playoff run, and a bunch of 1-and-done's. Oh, and he'll NEVER beat Seattle. How about the way the Packers got dominated by Buffalo, or almost blew a huge lead at home to Atlanta?

What about Romo? The Cowboys can't win at home, but will have to host at least 1 playoff game. Oh, and Romo in the playoffs...

I suppose Wilson, but he doesn't have to do much with how the rest of the team is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colem9r View Post
    well whats your answer? Oh you don't have one just want to talk crap about what other people post. I didn't say Mariotta was the answer I said I would like to see a veteran QB brought in like a Brees if Elway could manage it.
    So, dump one veteran, legendary QB for another who's playing worse right now and isn't really much younger? lol

Brady, Rodgers and Romo all playing better football than Manning.

I don't like to admit it but Manning may be done. He's running on fumes and with the O-line not protecting him anymore, he's got nothing going for him.

Time to rebuild... again.

It all comes down to imposing the will. To dominate imo.
    When the Broncos won their Super Bowls they, if I remember correctly, only had about 6 or 7 core plays
    but no one was really able to stop that offence.
    At the line of scrimmage the offensive line had control most of the time.
    There in lay the difference to our Broncos of today.
    I see a lot of discussion about Paytons ability to throw the ball. What I see is a QB who is hurried a lot because sometimes he needs that extra second as well as a comfort zone to operate. Every QB does. Payton is not now and never will be a scrambler. This offensive line can not dominate. They can not provide the needed extra time and are not stout at the point of attack from I've seen lately.
    To get to the bottom of where this team is at I can't look any further than injuries. I think the oline is worn down.
    But on the other side of the ball, we have two marginal lb's who couldn't "get there" or tackle well. That was exploited last night. In fact, no one really tackled well on defense.
    To sum up my opinion I think there is a slim chance for advance for the Broncos this year. But you just never know.
    I can always hope they win it all. But from what I saw last night this team has too many issues to get through.

In reality the Bengals needed this game way more than the Broncos, and it showed in the effort. It's hard to get players hyped up for a game that's means nothing more than seeding. An example, look what happened to the Colts on Sunday, they were destroyed.

The Bengals lose this game, there's a good chance they don't even make the playoffs.

Of course I didn't like the effort the Broncos put into this game, but at least there was a little bit of fight in them in the 2nd half, they didn't totally roll over like the Colts.

Wow....

I am beginning to think some of you are those same fans I see on the Facebook Broncos fan pages.

Bandwagon Fans.

Yes, agreed we played horrible in the first half and slightly better the second.

Most of you should step off the train now because win or lose your not going to be able to handle it.

It's futile to even to try and educate you. Your the fan on Facebook that says
    "What are we playing for this week? "

No clue we clinched a playoff spot .

Pathetic

The Colts had literally nothing to play for. Their game was irrelevant for seeding. We had HFA to play for. I didn't see lack of effort. I saw yet another physical team dominate our Oline and to a lesser extent dline. Manning is cooked, LB is a problem, and Ware and Von seem to be on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    In reality the Bengals needed this game way more than the Broncos, and it showed in the effort. It's hard to get players hyped up for a game that's means nothing more than seeding. An example, look what happened to the Colts on Sunday, they were destroyed.

The Bengals lose this game, there's a good chance they don't even make the playoffs.

Of course I didn't like the effort the Broncos put into this game, but at least there was a little bit of fight in them in the 2nd half, they didn't totally roll over like the Colts.
    Very good point. I'm usually angry with the usual suspects (Fox, Del Rio, suspect defense, special teams) after bad games, even the ones we lose. I'm pretty much over it and think Cincy had it's back to the wall and had to win this game. They wanted it more, which I can get over, but is a little disappointing being that I thought our defense could travel anywhere. Dalton has a history of folding in prime time games and with our team blitzing more now, I thought we would have a field day. Very disappointing game, but I guess I'll just chalk it up and say bad night vs a desperate team.

Hey Guys relax!! Peyton isn't finished, he is a little injured that is being kept on the down low, some rest will help him! And trust me he will kick some ass in the playoffs!! As for John Fox, I'm unsure if he is the guy, I've said before that if he cant win with this team, he should be fired!! The d will also be there, we will be in Foxboro and beat New England to go to the super bowl, take it to the bank!! You heard it first from me.