Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    not to mention the 13 game winning streak

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Just imagine if this place was around in 98
    I think you mean 97. The 98 team was the most Dominant team in the league by far. This year's team is more like 97 where you thought they were good, and then they would lay an egg and people ran for their pitchforks.

Wow its pretty gloom and doom here on a team thats going to be the #2 seed and have home field for at least one game.

Cheer up guys. You're honestly the best team in the AFC in my opinion. Playing both the Pats and the Broncos, the Pats were very beatable and if not for our own boneheaded plays we woulda won, but the Broncos clocked us twice, wasn't even close.

Not to mention rematches in the playoffs often favor the team that lost, so if you're worried about a AFCCG in NE don't worry too much.

Eventually Peyton will get it done there lol.

Every team has struggles against teams they should beat, look at NE vs NYJ this week, it happens.

Have faith.
    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

I had a lot of hope at the start of the season. But now I have very little. Maybe they make to it Foxborough but then they are done. I've seen enough of the offense, defense and Manning's inconsistent arm in cold weather to know they don't match up well. I don't think they match up well with the Steelers either.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-kicker View Post
    Hey Guys relax!! Peyton isn't finished, he is a little injured that is being kept on the down low, some rest will help him! And trust me he will kick some ass in the playoffs!! As for John Fox, I'm unsure if he is the guy, I've said before that if he cant win with this team, he should be fired!! The d will also be there, we will be in Foxboro and beat New England to go to the super bowl, take it to the bank!! You heard it first from me.
    We better hope so but right now im not sure we could beat a high school team. New England might beat us worse then the hawks did in the SB. So disappointed I don't know what else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Colem9r View Post
    Well said, I agree with you on every point but you should have added one more, Manning needs to retire hes done the game is passing him by. Elway needs to do what he can to either trade up in the draft to get a Mariotta or make a trade with a team that is probably in rebuilding mode to get a veteran experienced QB. Like the saints for example, would like to see the Broncos try to get Brees. I would prefer an experienced QB due to all the talent the Broncos have on this team. Maybe even Cutler would be an option with bringing Shanny back. I don't know but foxball needs to go. This team is not going to the superbowl this year regardless of the bold statements pot roast is making.
    Drew Brees? thats a joke right?

I believe that we will win!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wicked chaos View Post
    I had a lot of hope at the start of the season. But now I have very little. Maybe they make to it Foxborough but then they are done. I've seen enough of the offense, defense and Manning's inconsistent arm in cold weather to know they don't match up well. I don't think they match up well with the Steelers either.
    I think if they make it, they have a great chance of beating them. Statically, the #1 seeds are more likely to fail on divisional weekend, and even if they push forward, the odds aren't in their favor to making it to the SB.

I think if Denver can make it to the AFCC game, be it in NE or wherever if NE loses their first game, that will mean Denver has improved enough to take out a strong team (I am guessing Pitts or SD), and should be more then capable of taking out NE.

I had a day to mull over the loss on Monday night and and I am beyond it. Manning had a bad game but honestly, Brady didn't do much better against the Jets on Sunday. Good QBs and good teams have bad games, I can't stress that enough.

Right now I am not worried about our offense or Manning. He will wake up, count on it.

I am worried about our LBs. Really worried. If we make it to NE, Gronk is going to annihilate our LBs pass the LOS. We need to get some talent back and fast. I don't know if we have gotten any updates on Marshall but hopefully 1-3 more weeks of rest will get him back to 100%. We need him. No Trev and no Irving. This is our weak spot in an otherwise strong defense.

Teams know this now and they will exploit it big time. We fix our LB issue, and we fix our biggest problem right now.

How do we beat NE? Easy. Limit their offense. I am not worried about their defense, but with Brady and Gronk on the field it's going to be a nightmare for our backfield. We would need to eat up the clock and come away with points on 75% of our drives. Pressure on Brady is a must and jamming up Gronk on the line I think will help.

How do we beat Seattle in the event that we have a SB rematch? Easy, keep their defense on the field for as long as possible lol. The offense can be scary, especially with our depleted LB core and Wilson, but we need to spy him. Let our corners and safeties handle him if he throws deep, spy him every play! Manning will have to work to perfection. Hurry up and quick throws to keep the defense guessing and moving. Tire them out fast and by the 4th quarter they are gassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    I think if they make it, they have a great chance of beating them. Statically, the #1 seeds are more likely to fail on divisional weekend, and even if they push forward, the odds aren't in their favor to making it to the SB.
    You do realize that 3 out 4 times NE has been a number 1 seed that they make it to the super bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post

How do we beat NE? Easy. Limit their offense. I am not worried about their defense, but with Brady and Gronk on the field it's going to be a nightmare for our backfield. We would need to eat up the clock and come away with points on 75% of our drives. Pressure on Brady is a must and jamming up Gronk on the line I think will help.
    Not as easy as you think

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    You do realize that 3 out 4 times NE has been a number 1 seed that they make it to the super bowl?

Not as easy as you think
    Why because New England is some unstoppable force? Give me a break. Teams think they can handle Gronk and they can't. They think they can cover him and they can't. Instead of thinking we can cover him, we should know we simply can't and just limit him.

Manning is a clock manager and he can eat up a clock better than most. Put your arrogance aside (that would be an Xmas miracle) for a moment and take joy in that I am saying NE's offense is beastly, but keeping them off the field is not some impossible task especially with Manning at the helm and 2 capable RBs.

I can't see us winning in NE. They have homegirls advantage, a better coach and a better QB.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post

Not as easy as you think
    I don't think anyone says it is easy but the #1 seed in the AFC has not won it since NE won it in 2004. Plus, NE won the SB 2 times as a #2 seed.

So, the SB has not been kind to the AFC #1 seed in a long long time spanning a decade.

Like or not we're going to the playoffs...

I know some on here would rather we just sit on the couch with the shades drawn in January so we don't get our feelings hurt by the Pats or possibly some other team, but that isn't the case. We have a ticket to the playoffs (with a possible first round bye) with as good of (if not better) chance of getting back to the SB than any team in the AFC. If there's one thing thats been proven time and time again is that anything can happen come playoff time. ANYTHING. None of us know what's going to happen in January, if we did there would be no point in watching or even playing the game, but to claim a 11-4 team as dead in the water before we even get a chance to punch our playoff ticket is a bit foolish.
    Last edited by Elway is Back80; 12-24-2014 at 08:52 AM.

I guess some like to look into the future and think they know what will happen. When it comes to football games, I just like to watch them to see what is happening on each play. If one is afraid of losing, football may not be the best choice. I expect my team to win every game because they have prepared to do so.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Elway is Back80 View Post
    Like or not we're going to the playoffs...

I know some on here would rather we just sit on the couch with the shades drawn in January so we don't get our feelings hurt by the Pats or possibly some other team, but that isn't the case. We have a ticket to the playoffs (with a possible first round bye) with as good of (if not better) chance of getting back to the SB than any team in the AFC. If there's one thing thats been proven time and time again is that anything can happen come playoff time. ANYTHING. None of us know what's going to happen in January, if we did there would be no point in watching or even playing the game, but to claim a 11-4 team as dead in the water before we even get a chance to punch our playoff ticket is a bit foolish.
    I don't think I've seen a single person here say that... No one wants us to not go to the playsoffs...We want this team to play better so the fact that we are in the playoffs actually MEANS something.