Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Luck was as cool as the other side of the pillow.
    Ahhhh one of life's simplest pleasures, there is nothing like turning that pillow over to the cool side!

Quote Originally Posted by Combo1985 View Post
    Rodgers was not exactly due to the torn calf... When he is 100% he is definitely very mobile. Not on Wilson/Kaepernick level but still.
    Point is still valid imo that his offense is designed MUCH better then ours...like HS to Pro when comparing design and play call.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by maggnus View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sunday’s Divisional Playoff loss and the past month of the season with a torn right quad, per two sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    It's being reported that he played the last month with a torn quad.

Then why are you throwing it 40 plus times a game...
    agreed

We have a successful running game...one back looking like a young MJD and two other backs running with success and yet we still throwing twice as much as we passing.

I do not know who is responsible for this but frankly one or two people need to be fired.

It is obvious there are some people on this team who do not have the mental ability to win it all.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended

To fix this they need a new OC and DC. They also need to work on the Oline this offseason. Also, he wasn't hitting those 20 yard passes last night but that can be contributed to him having a torn thigh.

We need a Todd Bowles or Dan Quinn for the defense. Honestly, our coaching is terrible. If we had better coaches our season wouldn't be over right now.

To beat peyton you need to press the recievers at the line of scrimmage and not let up the short passes as well as get pressure on him. There were many deep passes open yesterday but Peyton didn't have time to throw it. Fix the Oline and this isn't an issue

Apparently, Colts used the same 'blueprint' the Hawks did last year according to Vontae Davis. This coaching staff is clueless and need a reality check. No creativity. And the WRs need to be tougher. The formula is always simple/predictable -- jam our soft WRs at the line. Game set match.

from NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...o-beat-broncos

Andrew Luck will garner the headlines and torch-passing talk this week, but the Indianapolis Colts' defense deserves credit for clamping down on one of the best wide receiver groups in the NFL in Sunday's 24-13 road victory over the Denver Broncos.

Cornerback Vontae Davis put on a show for the national audience, in what was a season of golden performances for the Pro Bowl selection. After the victory Davis said the Colts mimicked the game plan the Seattle Seahawks used to beat down Denver last year.

"Seattle gave us the blueprint in the Super Bowl," Davis said, per The Indianapolis Star. "What we did was similar to what Seattle did, as far as taking their receivers away."

Davis and Co. beat up Broncos receivers at the line of scrimmage, took away the middle of the field and dared Peyton Manning to beat them with long sideline throws.

One pivotal drive in the fourth quarter came after Denver cut the lead to eight and Luck and the offense went three-and-out while taking just 29 seconds off the clock. The Colts' D then forced their own three-play series, with Davis knocking away two passes. Indy iced the game on the next drive.

"We want some of that glory, too," safety Mike Adams said. "Show us some love. We know Luck's going to do his thing. We know Luck's gonna ball out. So for a defense, we want our own identity. We want to do our own things."

If they do those things and knock off Tom Brady a week after sending Manning to the showers, there is no doubt the Colts' defense will get their day in the sun in Arizona.

Also, I think the title of this thread should probably just say "recipe to beat the BRONCOS..." because it's not just PM. Coaching who can't be creative/adjust, known soft WRs (Sanders excluded, probably), all provided the recipe a while ago.

I am tied of Teams saying they used "formula" to beat Manning. They played the best game they could yesterday and we played a terrible game. Sherman said they figured out the snap count. V Davis said they used the Seahawks formula to beat "Manning". Well that's great you found the formula to beat "Manning", but why didn't you use it Week 1? Why hasn't every other team we played in the NFL season used the Seahawks "Formula" since it apparently works so well? You know why? Because there is no formula. The Seahawks outplayed us in the SB. Colts played the greatest D they have played this season thus far. We couldn't block, throw, catch and that contributed to the loss. Plus, Manning's arm hasn't looked good since halfway through the season and played injured too. Oh BTW, you beat the Broncos, not Manning.
    Last edited by dmoney27; 01-12-2015 at 06:26 PM.
    [IMG]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1617/dwilliams27sig2ra.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/twolves4ever/darrent.png[/IMG]

How bad is Brock when an injured Manning is seen as a better decision?

I don't understand why the coaching staff would jeopardize the teams opportunity going further in the Playoffs with Manning and his torn quad, unless Brock is really just that terrible. I'm a big supporter of Brock, but I am beginning to wonder about his future with this team. I hope this was just an errant call by Fox and the coaching staff, and not a decision based off of the organizations complete lack of faith in Brock.
    Last edited by DFence; 01-12-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Peyton is a super star
    John fox must have asked him. He must have responded that he prefers to play and continue choking in playoffs. So he must have got the start.

Quote Originally Posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
    Peyton is a super star
    John fox must have asked him. He must have responded that he prefers to play and continue choking in playoffs. So he must have got the start.
    Ikr, Peyton is such a choker. I mean the rest of the team was playing like hall of famers. Peyton is the sole reason we lost. He's so pathetic

If the doctors say your starter can play, the starter plays.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

?????Above my pay grade.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    If the doctors say your starter can play, the starter plays.
    Agreed. But then it shouldnt be used as an excuse for poor play

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoth View Post
    Ikr, Peyton is such a choker. I mean the rest of the team was playing like hall of famers. Peyton is the sole reason we lost. He's so pathetic

Attitude reflects leadership.

They do use a formula

It was actually created by the Pats many years ago

Play his pass targets tight taking away all short routes. Give the pass rushers time to hit PM. Make him throw deep. He does not complete deep passes well on a regular basis. He gets hit and loses his nerve.

Not everyone can do this. Need good pass rushers and good secondary. Playoff teams tend to have above average talent.