Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    In all honesty, I wouldn't be shocked to see Schofield as our RT next year. My plan for awhile has been sign Iupati, draft Hroniss Grassu(who imo is the top OC), and have Schoff as the RT.
    This is if the team doesn't like Paradis's development.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I dont see Erving being there when we pick.

He's going top 15-20 imo.

What about bringing back Monty and making a run at Iupati if we re-work some contracts
    Monty is in his 30s, I don't want to put high expectations on him and he declines fast.

I loved Iupati coming out! But signing him vs re-signing Franklin could be a $2.5 - $3 mil per year difference. I can't see the value especially since we know that Franklin can play RT if needed, not sure Iupati can.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Erving goes that high. Question is, with reports earlier in the season about we're expecting 3-4 Comp picks, does Elway pull the trigger on a trade for him knowing that we really wouldn't be "selling the farm" to get him because of the Comp picks we have to fall back on?

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    Monty is in his 30s, I don't want to put high expectations on him and he declines fast.

I loved Iupati coming out! But signing him vs re-signing Franklin could be a $2.5 - $3 mil per year difference. I can't see the value especially since we know that Franklin can play RT if needed, not sure Iupati can.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Erving goes that high. Question is, with reports earlier in the season about we're expecting 3-4 Comp picks, does Elway pull the trigger on a trade for him knowing that we really wouldn't be "selling the farm" to get him because of the Comp picks we have to fall back on?
    Lot of that depends on who we re-sign.

But i think we'll get 2 comp picks for sure, i doubt 4, MAYBE 3 if we're lucky.

Elway hasnt traded up in the 1st, but if the right guy is there...

MileHighCrusher 2015 Perfect Off-Season Mock 2.0

Hey guy's! So i took a look at your opinions and thoughts on my 1st mock and agreed with mostly all of you; so i made a few changes.

2015 NFL Salary Cap: $145 million (Approx.)

Total Cap Space Used: $95 million (Approx.)

Total Cap Space Remaining: $50 million (Approx.)

Re-Sign

WR Demaryius Thomas (8 years/$120 million/$15 million per)
    CB Chris Harris (5 years/$42.5 million/$8.5 million per)----CHECK!!
    TE Julius Thomas (6 years/$42 million/$7 mill per)
    LG Orlando Franklin (5 years/$27.5 million/$5.5 mill per)
    NT Terrence Knighton (4 years/$22 million/$5.5 million per)
    FS Rahim Moore (4 years/$12 million/$3 million per)
    TE Virgil Green (4 years/$10 million/$2.5 million per)
    DT Mitch Unrein (2 years/$3 million/$1.5 million per)

Total Cap Space Used: $48.5 million
    Total Cap Space Remaining: $1.5 million

Sign

NOBODY!!

Total Cap Space Used: $48.5 million
    Total Cap Space Remaining: $1.5 million

Yes, i am aware this probably isn't enough remaining $$ in order for us to sign all our draft picks. But the contracts above won't be exactly the same per year, every year. In other words the cap can be worked with to give us that $4-5 million needed to sign our draft picks.

Draft

Someone mentioned on my previous mock that we could be expecting 3-4 compensatory picks; which is something I completely spaced and had not put into account on my last mock draft. So let’s just say we end up getting an extra 3rd, a 4th, and an extra 6th leaving us with….

Broncos Picks: 1st,2nd,3rd(2),4th,5th,6th(2) selecting 32nd in every round of course!

*Broncos trade 2015 1st (32) and 3rd (96) for 2015 2nd (40 range) and 3rd (72 range)*

2nd round (40-Via trade): MLB Denzel Perryman Miami

*Broncos trade 2015 2nd (64), 4th (??), and 5th (??) for 2015 2nd (56 range)*

2nd round (56-Via trade): C Hroniss Grasu Oregon
    3rd round(72-Via trade): TE Nick O’Leary Florida State
    3rd round(Comp.): G Laken Tomlinson Duke
    4th round(Comp.): BPA
    6th round: BPA
    6th round(Comp.): BPA

2015-2016 Roster/Depth Chart

Offense(24)

QB: Manning/Osweiler
    RB: Anderson/Thompson/Hillman/Ball/Bibbs
    WR1: D.Thomas
    WR2: Latimer/Caldwell
    SWR:Sanders/Burse
    TE: J.Thomas/Green/O’Leary
    LT: Clady/Cornick
    LG: Franklin/Garland
    C: Grasu/Paradis
    RG: Tomlinson/Vasquez
    RT: Vasquez/Schofield

Defense(25)

RDE: Ware/Smith/Anunike
    NT: Knighton/Austin
    DT: Williams/Unrein
    LDE: Wolfe/Jackson
    WLB: Trevathan/Marshall
    MLB: Perryman/Barrow/Johnson
    SLB: Miller/McCray
    CB1: Talib/Webster
    CB2: Harris/Bolden
    SCB: Roby
    FS: Moore/Rookie
    SS: Ward/Bruton

Special Teams(4)

K: Barth
    P: Colquitt
    KOS: McManus
    LS: Brewer
    KR: Bolden
    PR: Burse

All of this=Another set of these!!

Yeah that's right we still goin back-to-back again!!

Hey guy's I appreciate all you feed back. I actually agree with a lot of your thoughts and opinions, so i decided to make an updated version with some few changes.

go check it out! http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...06#post5102706

Poorly thought-out Christmas mock draft

I just haven't had much interest in college football this year, so this draft doesn't represent a whole lot of deep research.

1. Gerod Holliman, Safety, Louisville, 6-2, 215
    Top interceptor this year, he's also big. We don't know if Rahim Moore will be back and we don't know how well Bruton can replace him. But this pick is more to replace short-man TJ Ward, who is clearly mismatched in coverage against tall TEs. I haven't seen Holliman play, but his stats are impressive and I just have a premonition that he will be a good NFL safety.

2. Daryl Williams, OT, Oklahoma, 6-6, 329
    All-big 12 right tackle is what we need on the right side. Vasquez is better suited to guard, and clearly our other tackles aren't starting material. Sure, Williams will be a little green at first, but by the end of the season he'll be competent.

3. Tyler Lockett, WR/KR, Kansas State
    Fast, elusive and reliable WR can replace Welker, whom we'll have to rid ourselves of in order to re-sign D.T., Harris and few others. He's also an excellent return man.

4. Donald Celiscar, CB, W. Michigan
    Celiscar has been one of the top pass defenders in college football for the last two years. Always need backup corners.

5. Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma
    Big, fast, powerful former QB can replace Tamme, whom we'll also need to release to fund our re-signings. Bell can run (he led the Sooners in rushing TDs for a while), he can throw a little and if a former basketball player can become a good TE, so can a former QB.

6. LB - Bryce Hager/Ben Heeney/Jonathan Truman
    We're a little thin at backup linebacker. These guys have all demonstrated that they are talented and dedicated LBs.

7. Randall Evans, CB, Kansas State
    Good backup slot CB, with good size and skillful endzone coverage.

Impressive, but I believe we lost a 7th for McManus. We will trade out for one of the other six spots, cut 3 of them, sign 2 to the practice squad and end up with one of them on the roster.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

I just can't get behind Holliman as a 1st rounder. Maybe in the third round to develop, but honestly I like Anthony Harris out of Virginia more. Or Jeremy Cash from Duke if he declares, would be interesting. Very intelligent, lines up at corner fairly often and seems to do ok in zone or man coverage. Also plays a fair bit as an in the box defender.

Christmas Eve mock draft

Resign
    Demaryius Thomas
    Terrance knighton
    Rahim Moore
    Nate Irving
    Orlando franklin
    Virgil green
    Manny ramirez

FA Signings
    Brent celek
    Bj Raji
    Marcus gilchrist

1st round La'el collins LSU OT

Collins is a massive tackle with long arms. Some might say he won't make it, I think he will fall a bit on draft day. I don't think anyone will want him as a LT and some teams will probably view him as a guard. He's very strong and is a devastating blocker who loves to finish. In the run game he leans forward a good bit so you'll see him end up on the ground more than you'd like. He may also completely whiff on the block. He's not extremely quick but he's good enough to hold down the right side and his long arms help overcome that.

2nd Round Shawn Oakman DE

Oakman is a giant amongst men. Very strong and disruptive. We play with a true power end with Wolfe and Jackson, but Oakman has the potential to completely dominate and wreck teams. That being said he is very raw and he needs a lot of coaching.

3rd Round Vadal Alexander OG

Collins teammate at lsu, they've played a lot of games together and have chemistry. I'd put both of them on the right side. Alexander is solid in pass protection and a strong run blocker. At 340 lbs his weight may become a problem but he can move people off the ball and create big running lanes.

4th Round Terrance Plummer LB

Solid all around lb, he's good against the run and pass an is tackling machine. This guy is an emotional leader that we have lacked for awhile now. I thought trevathan would take that up this year but he's been hurt. I absolutely love that he puts in a lot of work in the film room and he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

5th Round Harold Spears TE

Small school development project but I really like his potential as a receiver. Nice size and speed. He's no Julius Thomas but he can develop into a solid player for us.

6th round Rakeem Cato

I really like him. He's a hard worker and fiery leader. He's mobile and flicks the ball down the field with his wrist effortlessly. Not a big QB but that isn't always necessary.

I would have Vasquez at center with the new oline. He's our smartest linemen and has the athleticism to handle those inside blitzes and stunts/twists. Having 2 rookies on the right may hurt but I'm hoping their chemistry would overcome that. Also a possibility that Ramirez wins the job.

Why sign Raji if we're also resigning Knighton? Aren't they both nose tackles?

I do like the Collins pick though. Him and Sambrailo are my two favorite RT's for this draft.
    Last edited by housemouse; 12-26-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    Why sign Raji if we're also resigning Knighton? Aren't they both nose tackles?

I do like the Collins pick though. Him and Sambrailo are my two favorite RT's for this draft.
    We really like big dts, Williams and Austin are both around 320, knighton is a bit bigger. Plus with knighton and raji, one of them will be singled up. Both present massive problems for a guard or center one on one. Raji also has experience as a 5 tech

You want to resign 2 o linemen. ..then draft 2 o linemen with 2 of the 1st 3 picks?????? Wow ok

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Broncos View Post
    You want to resign 2 o linemen. ..then draft 2 o linemen with 2 of the 1st 3 picks?????? Wow ok
    Franklin to start, collins to start, Alexander and Ramirez compete at rg with Vasquez taking over at c. Football is won in the trenches and this needs to be addressed.

why is vasque aking over c. he would move to og with a competition for c

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    why is vasque aking over c. he would move to og with a competition for c
    I feel he's a natural fit at center. He's our most athletic interior linemen, he's also our most intelligent. He isn't a pushover either. Blitzes and stunts designed to attack the a gap have plagued us for awhile now, Vasquez is the best fit for us to counter that.