Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Still Not Feelin All The Love For Such A Strong / Top Tier Team (3 Years Running)

This is not aimed at anyone specifically. It's just a general feeling that hits me from time to time from the feedback I get about this great Broncos team. I appreciate some of it, that we're hungry for a SB championship, and that with Peyton getting older, our time to get the job done may be limited. I also understand that this is a place to discuss, share and vent. Hey, it's not always an Orange coloured world, nor should it be.

On the other hand, we are fortunate, and our fortune may yet to be realized......this season! Look at the standings. 20 years from now, if one were to check out the regular season results, we'd be tied for the best record in the entire league. And we'd also be known (to date) as the team with the best overall record during those 3 seasons. Pretty exclusive company. Sure, we didn't win the big prize (in the first 2 years) but we did make it that far.

People worry that we can't get it done, especially in Foxboro. People think Seattle would be too much for us. People worry about the colour of the sky, the wind direction and the price of crackers. Give people something to get concerned about, and they will. It's natural. We can find any signs of remote darkness in any cloud.

Conversely, positive thinkers will find the light. And you know what, given our success over the last 3 years, you really don't have to be a positive type to know that The Denver Broncos are one of the very best teams since 2012.

I never expect to win the SB when the season begins, or even when the playoffs are understood. There are far too many teams, and way too much complexity in the journey. Making the playoffs should be exciting alone, and we've done pretty good in that sense, actually winning the AFC West 4 straight seasons. I don't care how you get that done......the key is, to get it done.

Sure, The Baltimore loss was painful, but we did plenty to win that game. And yes, last year's SB hurt in a different way, because we came up empty. But hey, it's the risk you take when you follow any team, invest in any stock, or even get out of bed each day.

Regardless, this season may be far from over for The Denver Broncos. The team made an emphatic statement again yesterday, even if Oakland is Oakland. The end result, another top tier regular season, and another bye, along with at least one home field game. And we will benefit from the time off. We may see another player or two back in the lineup, and along with Hillman's return, things are looking pretty cool.

I can't wait for that first playoff game. I have a feeling we will be scary good that day! And after that, we never know. But I do know one thing.....going the distance with The Denver Broncos in your way is not such a good prospect!

I too am excited for the playoffs especially after having some time off to get everyone rested and ready. I think going 12-4 is pretty good with the schedule we had and our success for the past 3 years has been very good. Yes, we want it all and we stand a chance in each game we play. I think because the goal is the super bowl anything less will be viewed as a failure and that is maybe not the best way to think of things. Anything is certainly possible for these Broncos. Gotta love that they have a running game now for bad weather and balance!

Its been fun to watch but if they dont get a ring with Manning and a stacked team it will be ultimately disappointing. Times are going to get rough in the next few years after Manning and possibly longer.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked chaos View Post
    Its been fun to watch but if they dont get a ring with Manning and a stacked team it will be ultimately disappointing. Times are going to get rough in the next few years after Manning and possibly longer.
    Agreed, but I think that is why we are trying to groom a RB, so we don't need a great QB. The problem is we will still need a good QB.

Our Defense is good (well maybe except we might need a good DT to pair with Pot Roast), our running game is good, I think we are very stack, with the exception of maybe a Good Right tackle (I still think we have the guard, center and left tackle). Hope Brock turn out good, but I'm not as optimistic as some people on here, because I know there will be hard years after manning.
    Last edited by Chronoless; 12-29-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Good post Can as usual I am very excited about our chances this year but I am just going to enjoy each win cause we really have had a amazing 3 plus years now just going to enjoy the ride go Broncos

You weren't a Bronco fan in the Sixties.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

First to be clear this is a good team...we are the 2nd best team in the AFC.

This is not about being a good team....the Broncos are not about being a good team. Reeves was fired for only being able to lead a good team. Shanahan was fired for not having a good team in 3 seasons. The Broncos are not about having a good team

It is about winning a Championship!

If we can build on the kind of team we were building at the time we played SD we could be strong.

We just do not have the team to pass heavy all game. We do not pass block good enough and this coaching staff is clueless about using RB/TE chips to help the OL.

We need to run min 50% of the time, we honestly have really good RBs and should be doing this anyway. Allow PM maybe 2-3 drives to go pass happy and hurry up but also maybe try to run heavy hurry up if the lighter defenders are on the field for a few plays.

Get better at play action pass...I really liked to strides we showed we made against SD in playaction.

If we force teams to defend the run...and even if we go away like we did against Cin...come back and force them to defend the run again. We then are dictating to defenses how the game is played and become a real dangerous team even against a good defense.

We then control the game.

Problem is against a good defense we may run 30-35 times and only get 80ish yards...not sure if we have the mentality on this team to keep at what we need to do when this will happen.

We have the talent to win it all...just not sure if we have the brains and willpower.
    Last edited by Hadez; 12-30-2014 at 09:18 AM.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

So, unless the Broncos win it all, they suck?

I've not posted much here at all over this season. It seems the negativity is at an all-time high. Hard to hang around a place when there is such a naysayer attitude.

I was talking to my son about the forum last night while watching the Ark/Texas game--- which my Hogs won, by the way. I told him about how so much of the posting on the forum is about *fire Fox*, *get rid of Gase, he's incompetent*, *Peyton on the big downhill slide*, *horrible play-calling*, *get rid of Peyton*, *hire coach ____*, etc.

He had a good laugh at all of that, shaking his head. He couldn't believe the board was filled with all of that, but wait a minute, I think he could. "Don't they know what they've got?" he asked. I don't think so. At least, it's not very apparent around here.
    Last edited by southern cross; 12-30-2014 at 09:44 AM. Reason: random bad comma

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This is not aimed at anyone specifically. It's just a general feeling that hits me from time to time from the feedback I get about this great Broncos team. I appreciate some of it, that we're hungry for a SB championship, and that with Peyton getting older, our time to get the job done may be limited. I also understand that this is a place to discuss, share and vent. Hey, it's not always an Orange coloured world, nor should it be.

On the other hand, we are fortunate, and our fortune may yet to be realized......this season! Look at the standings. 20 years from now, if one were to check out the regular season results, we'd be tied for the best record in the entire league. And we'd also be known (to date) as the team with the best overall record during those 3 seasons. Pretty exclusive company. Sure, we didn't win the big prize (in the first 2 years) but we did make it that far.

People worry that we can't get it done, especially in Foxboro. People think Seattle would be too much for us. People worry about the colour of the sky, the wind direction and the price of crackers. Give people something to get concerned about, and they will. It's natural. We can find any signs of remote darkness in any cloud.

Conversely, positive thinkers will find the light. And you know what, given our success over the last 3 years, you really don't have to be a positive type to know that The Denver Broncos are one of the very best teams since 2012.

I never expect to win the SB when the season begins, or even when the playoffs are understood. There are far too many teams, and way too much complexity in the journey. Making the playoffs should be exciting alone, and we've done pretty good in that sense, actually winning the AFC West 4 straight seasons. I don't care how you get that done......the key is, to get it done.

Sure, The Baltimore loss was painful, but we did plenty to win that game. And yes, last year's SB hurt in a different way, because we came up empty. But hey, it's the risk you take when you follow any team, invest in any stock, or even get out of bed each day.

Regardless, this season may be far from over for The Denver Broncos. The team made an emphatic statement again yesterday, even if Oakland is Oakland. The end result, another top tier regular season, and another bye, along with at least one home field game. And we will benefit from the time off. We may see another player or two back in the lineup, and along with Hillman's return, things are looking pretty cool.

I can't wait for that first playoff game. I have a feeling we will be scary good that day! And after that, we never know. But I do know one thing.....going the distance with The Denver Broncos in your way is not such a good prospect!

Great post Can, as per usual. Will give CP when i can! I am like you, stoked for the upcoming playoffs and confident that we have as good a shot to get to and win the big game as anyone in the post season. Already got my playoff tickets lined up! Now just need to determine what i am going to eat at my tailgate!

Why is that? I really have to ask. What really makes you think the wheels are going to completely fall off when Manning is gone? Like there is no possible way we can do anything without Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    You weren't a Bronco fan in the Sixties.
    Samparnell, sayin it how it is since 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Mike View Post
    Samparnell, sayin it how it is since 1960
    Didn't get to Denver area until 1964. BLAM! BLAM!

I have to say the difference in how Seahawk fans are treating their NFC title is very different than how Denver fans are treating the AFC West title. Seahawks fans are celebrating their second NFC West title like they did last year with signs in windows of houses and businesses, parties and lots of merriment. We of course expected the title, as we have won it for 3 or 4 years in a row and so it was not that big of a deal, but maybe it should be. The Hawks still are struggling a bit offensively if Lynch is being slowed down and that is a question heading into the playoffs for them and fans acknowledge this, but it just feels so good to be in the playoffs with a bye and that is the focus now. Maybe we Denver fans shouldn't take so much for granted and celebrate more along the way and enjoy every stage that comes. Just a thought after being surrounded by such merriment here in Washington state.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Why is that? I really have to ask. What really makes you think the wheels are going to completely fall off when Manning is gone? Like there is no possible way we can do anything without Manning.
    Elway was a complement to an unstoppable run game at the end of his career (note I am in NO WAY minimizing Elway's importance to those teams, just pointing out the narrative at the time he retired). We had the best RB in the league, the best oline even with Zimm's retirement, great receivers, a solid D, etc. And Brian Griese waiting int the wings who by all accounts had benefitted from watching Elway and was ready to step right in. And then the wheels fell off, and over the next decade and a half, we learned the hard way that QB is by far the most important ingredient to a contending team.

We have it good right now, even if it may not be quite good enough to reach the top. Half the league wallows in mediocrity year after year due to a lack of QB talent, so yeah, it's likely rough years are ahead unless Brock turns out to be great or Elway pulls another rabbit out of his hat. Elway at least more than anyone understands the importance of QB. Enjoy what we've got!