Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    One more comment......

This thread also gets some of its roots from the level of negativity that a number of folks have shared here, whether it be:
    - Manning is losing it
    - Fox sucks
    - JDR has to go
    - JT is not a team player
    - and so on

At times it appears to me that these folks are looking for an outlet to suppress their unfulfilled "high" expectations, and when they feel threatened, they resort to pointing out others for our unsuccessful SB run.

Just another Can theory.
    That is the buisness of the NFL and does not surprise me the fans show it in their opinions as well.

Marty Schottenheimer is a great coach and has won allot of games but has been fired more then once for not being able to win a Ring. Clevland, KC and SD fired him for even tho he won but he did not deliver a ring. IMO SD has not been near as good since Marty left...it can be said it is the players too but the coach does have something to do with it as well imo.

Shoot Dan Reeves won allot of games, allot of division titles shoot even Conf Championships but Denver fired him for not being able to win a Ring.

Shanahan won a Ring but had only won "one playoff game in 10 years" and it did not matter that 3 years prior he took us to the AFC Champ game...he was fired.

My point...it is natural for fans to want people fired because that is what happens in the NFL

Maybe not ok with you but maybe it helps you understand why others do it

Regardless we all fans and it is ok to have our opinions. Do not allow other opinions to drag you down man

I for one thing your opinions are great even when I do not agree with them Can...most of the time I do agree with them though
    Last edited by Hadez; 01-08-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    That is the buisness of the NFL and does not surprise me the fans show it in their opinions as well.

Marty Schottenheimer is a great coach and has won allot of games but has been fired more then once for not being able to win a Ring. Clevland, KC and SD fired him for even tho he won but he did not deliver a ring. IMO SD has not been near as good since Marty left...it can be said it is the players too but the coach does have something to do with it as well imo.

Shoot Dan Reeves won allot of games, allot of division titles shoot even Conf Championships but Denver fired him for not being able to win a Ring.

Shanahan won a Ring but had only won "one playoff game in 10 years" and it did not matter that 3 years prior he took us to the AFC Champ game...he was fired.

My point...it is natural for fans to want people fired because that is what happens in the NFL

Regardless we all fans and it is ok to have our opinions. Do not allow other opinions to drag you down man

I for one thing your opinions are great even when I do not agree with them Can...most of the time I do agree with them though
    Listen bud, you and I are good, from way back. I'm cool with your opinions. And I'd rather we "debate" now and then, rather than have one of those superficial, "I always agree with you" relationships. I believe you enjoy our Broncos, maybe even more than I do.....one can not measure such things. I know we have a lot in common:
    - We're Broncos fans
    - We proud to be Broncos fans
    - We can not wait for another ring

Be cool bud!

I am a Colts fan which goes many years back even before the team moved to my hometown of Indianapolis. I can honestly say that I would be a Peyton Manning fan even if he had never played for the Colts. Now of course on Sunday I will be cheering on my Colts team but if the Broncos beat them I will be cheering on Peyton. I can also for certainty say that anyone who believes one person on the team either wins or loses a game doesn't know anything about football or any team sport for that matter. When Peyton was here, and yes he had his bad games even during some playoff games, they never put a good defense on the field in any of the 14 years he was here. The OL, at times was pretty good for some of the few talented running backs we had during those same years, however since Peyton was able to get rid of the ball so quickly it certainly made our OL look better during that time as well. I'm sure Peyton wishes he had more SB rings while he was here as well but things just didn't come together. Did he have a large salary yes but there were 2-3 times his contract was restructured to give them more dollars to spend on defense especially but the powers that be just weren't able to pick out good talent for some reason. I've stated to others that the only reason Tom Brady has 3 rings and has been to the SP 5 times is that he's had the benefit of being a good quarterback, good coaching staff, great defenses and an OL that for the most part gives him all day to throw. He's not had that all the years he was there but a lot of them. He gets paid a very large salary but NE somehow manages to put together a good to great defense, for the most part, year end and year out. If the Colts had Tom Brady, or if he'd been with just about any other team, he definitely wouldn't have 3 SB rings. I also think Russell Wilson has a lot of talent but with that defense & OL they had last year no one was going to beat them in the SB. I do believe thought that the Broncos coaches really didn't prepare the team for that game either.

Hope it's a great game on Sunday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dscott55 View Post
    I am a Colts fan which goes many years back even before the team moved to my hometown of Indianapolis. I can honestly say that I would be a Peyton Manning fan even if he had never played for the Colts. Now of course on Sunday I will be cheering on my Colts team but if the Broncos beat them I will be cheering on Peyton. I can also for certainty say that anyone who believes one person on the team either wins or loses a game doesn't know anything about football or any team sport for that matter. When Peyton was here, and yes he had his bad games even during some playoff games, they never put a good defense on the field in any of the 14 years he was here. The OL, at times was pretty good for some of the few talented running backs we had during those same years, however since Peyton was able to get rid of the ball so quickly it certainly made our OL look better during that time as well. I'm sure Peyton wishes he had more SB rings while he was here as well but things just didn't come together. Did he have a large salary yes but there were 2-3 times his contract was restructured to give them more dollars to spend on defense especially but the powers that be just weren't able to pick out good talent for some reason. I've stated to others that the only reason Tom Brady has 3 rings and has been to the SP 5 times is that he's had the benefit of being a good quarterback, good coaching staff, great defenses and an OL that for the most part gives him all day to throw. He's not had that all the years he was there but a lot of them. He gets paid a very large salary but NE somehow manages to put together a good to great defense, for the most part, year end and year out. If the Colts had Tom Brady, or if he'd been with just about any other team, he definitely wouldn't have 3 SB rings. I also think Russell Wilson has a lot of talent but with that defense & OL they had last year no one was going to beat them in the SB. I do believe thought that the Broncos coaches really didn't prepare the team for that game either.

Hope it's a great game on Sunday!!
    We sure could use you in the Smack section (the one about having to go thru Foxboro)!

Good "Luck" on Sunday! I like your team, and I believe Andrew Luck is going to be one of the very best QBs in the league, for a long, long time. You sure haven't missed a beat with QBs!!

Your team has a very bright future!

Reviving an old thread - Denver was, let's say, lacking in intestinal fortitude against the best teams in the League the last three years. That was clear to me although some people obviously will argue otherwise.

I think with a new regime, a new coaching staff from top to bottom that will change. There is only two holdover coaches from Fox's staff, Clancy Barone was moved from TE coach to OL coach, Eric Studesville stays as RB coach. Luke Richesson stays as Strength and Conditioning guy, not really a "coach".

Am I too optimistic that the team will be improved with a new coaching staff, maybe a little more aggressive attitude?

I think that is what Elway was aiming for with the near total revamp of the coaching staff. I feel pretty good about Kubiak coming in, I think he will be aggressive offensively and will have Elway's blessing to do so. There won't be any problems about attacking constantly, no sitting on leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Acedude View Post
    Reviving an old thread - Denver was, let's say, lacking in intestinal fortitude against the best teams in the League the last three years. That was clear to me although some people obviously will argue otherwise.

I think with a new regime, a new coaching staff from top to bottom that will change. There is only two holdover coaches from Fox's staff, Clancy Barone was moved from TE coach to OL coach, Eric Studesville stays as RB coach. Luke Richesson stays as Strength and Conditioning guy, not really a "coach".

Am I too optimistic that the team will be improved with a new coaching staff, maybe a little more aggressive attitude?

I think that is what Elway was aiming for with the near total revamp of the coaching staff. I feel pretty good about Kubiak coming in, I think he will be aggressive offensively and will have Elway's blessing to do so. There won't be any problems about attacking constantly, no sitting on leads.
    Actually, there are a total of seven holdover coaches (six on O): Clancy Barone, Offensive Line from TEs; Chris Beake, Defensive Assistant; Brian Callahan, Offensive Assistant/QBs; James Cregg, Assistant O-Line; Greg Knapp, QBs/Passing Game Coordinator; Eric Studesville, RBs; and, Tyke Tolbert, WRs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Actually, there are a total of seven holdover coaches (six on O): Clancy Barone, Offensive Line from TEs; Chris Beake, Defensive Assistant; Brian Callahan, Offensive Assistant/QBs; James Cregg, Assistant O-Line; Greg Knapp, QBs/Passing Game Coordinator; Eric Studesville, RBs; and, Tyke Tolbert, WRs.
    Good job correcting with Tyke Tolbert and Greg Knapp.

Do you think the staff changes will make the team better? I know you have defended the team and the former staff despite what many consider lack of results in the postseason.

I'm curious if you think the new staff will get the team over the hump. Elway said he wants to see the team to at least get defeated "kicking and screaming". 43-8 to end the 2013 season then 24-13 to end the 2014 season was um, well, pretty pathetic.

I'm curious if you or anybody thinks this new coaching staff will get this team kicking tail and taking names in the biggest games.

Do you think the staff changes will make the team better? I know you have defended the team and the former staff despite what many consider lack of results in the postseason.

I'm curious if you think the new staff will get the team over the hump. Elway said he wants to see the team to at least get defeated "kicking and screaming". 43-8 to end the 2013 season then 24-13 to end the 2014 season was um, well, pretty pathetic.

I'm curious if you or anybody thinks this new coaching staff will get this team kicking tail and taking names in the biggest games.
    Johns comment about kicking a screaming was right after the SB Loss.

Which should have been a arming shot oVer the bow for fox to get mean, opposed to roll over in the Playoffs.

But I susepct that John ready knew unless he won the SB he was gone

Yeah! I like the new coaching staff.

Head coaches are usually better the second time around, and Kubiak did have some success in Houston. He's glad to be back in Denver with Elway, and he brought Dennison, Phillips, Pariani, Kollar, Herring, Pagac, DeCamillis, Brown, Coaxum, Lubick and Woods with him.

Kubiak will install a balanced offense which I expect will be an improvement over the one Adam Gase coordinated. The continuity of six offensive coaches from the last staff will help the players with the transition.

The defense has almost all new coaches which is to be expected because they are switching from a split front to an odd front.

I am looking forward to 2015 and think the Broncos will play with Teamwork, Hustle, Unity, Desire and Discipline in a MUFLY effort.
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-08-2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: typo
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post

Great examples. Of expectations unfulfilled.

If we did not have the talent to in it all that is one thing. In 2014 had a top ten O and top 5 D.

But we're not prepared for SB level play.

We were out coaches on many levels and
    Our guys played uninspired ball. We lost it on ST, on field position, timid play calling on moth sides of the ball and that all starts at the top of the coaching pyramid.

Our OC started the snowball rolling down hill on play one, then the OL folded like a cheap tent in a stiff wind both in run blocking and pass protect so lots of 3 and outs.

Our WRs were intimidated by their DBs until later in The game when DT finally showed up. JT was basically a no show his 6-5" 250 pounds could not get off the LOS.

When Manning hit open recievers they dropped it. RBs were stopped at or behind the LOS.

The defense could not contain the sweep or QB coming out of the pocket.

Our vaunted pass rush did nothing but force him out of the pocket and he ran or passed At will.

CBs could not cover all day because there was not any contain or pressure on Wilson, eventually someone got open.

Move forward a year to home playoffs against INDY vertically the same thing happened other than the OC did not drop a safety on the first play.

The SB year we had 6 plus pro bowlers.
    Last year a similar amount

That tells me one thing that they players were not give a chance to win, because of poor planning, motivation or play calling. Other than Manning changing the play at the LOS would be the ONLY reason it was not COACHING.

we have the horses for the most part on the team except IMO a couple of OL guys. Maybe Paradis, Garland and Schofield are the answers or partial so.
    But we still need depth or starters on the OL they will come from the draft as there are no other rabbits to find in UFA, IMO.
    If we can fill those holes there is little doubt in my mind that Manning can take us to and thru the playoffs.

I'm glad there's still lots of light at the end of this tunnel. We've got plenty of talent. We've got leadership running this organization who want desperately to win. Now it looks like we have coaching that will give us a chance to bring it all together. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I am not backing up.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked chaos View Post
    Its been fun to watch but if they dont get a ring with Manning and a stacked team it will be ultimately disappointing. Times are going to get rough in the next few years after Manning and possibly longer.
    Manning did exactly what he was brought in to do. Score points, win games and make the playoffs and he has done that every year he's been here. Making the trip to the superbowl is so hard and we all think that we should be there every year because we have the legend on our team but this is a team sport and it takes all phases of the game to get it done.

I have enjoyed Peyton's time here and am extremely grateful that he picked Denver. Thats one thing that everybody needs to think about, he picked Denver not the other way around. If Denver wins a super bowl with him than man I am on cloud 9 but if it doesn't happen, I am thankful that I had the opportunity to watch greatness 1st hand wearing orange and blue
    Last edited by JvDub95; 04-09-2015 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I'm glad there's still lots of light at the end of this tunnel. We've got plenty of talent. We've got leadership running this organization who want desperately to win. Now it looks like we have coaching that will give us a chance to bring it all together. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I am not backing up.
    I'm doubling down on the caution this year too. My optimism stems from the fact that the media has totally given up on us this year, Yay!

This team has historically risen from the ashes when cast asunder Can't wait for the draft!!!
    [

Strong, top tier team?

Not what I'd call this team the past few years. Improving to a degree, yes. Defensive consistency and personnel issues throughout.

I was very wary of the Super Bowl a couple seasons ago because of the inconsistent play and porous defensive backfield, and I was proven correct.

I also knew we weren't going anywhere near the Super Bowl last year, and was correct.

Am I glad? No. It was just obvious by watching.

This has NOT been a championship-caliber team.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Manning did exactly what he was brought in to do. Score points, win games and make the playoffs
    If that were the case we would be a pretty terribly run franchise. Nobody spends that kind of money on a QB with hopes of just making the playoffs. He was brought in to win a super bowl at least once.