Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrushem View Post
    PHEW...Let's all hope this is true.
    But, they might be able to get Shanny back for free --- they are probably still paying him from the huge contract they gave him before they fired him years ago

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Because neither Osweiler nor any quarterback the Broncos can get in free agency or the draft is the answer. The Broncos need some serious game planning to replace Manning and that's simply not going to happen next year.
    Many said the same about Aaron Rodgers who actually looked far worse than Oz. I am in NO WAY comparing the two but your comment is ignorance at best.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    No question it was amazing ride and I thank Peyton for that....but it is clear it is time for a change in Denver.

Appreciate your classiness in these hard and troubled times for us, hope you stick around
    Thank you, and right back at 'cha. I'm not going anywhere. I love it here. Knowledgable fans to talk pigskin with.... The sense of humor here is divine. I didn't have a very good start here (sorry EddieMac ) but have since grown to love the board, the fans and the team. I wish nothing but the best for all of you, and the the franchise.
    Rogue Colts Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dbjeff View Post
    So why did Elway sign him to an extension?
    Was going into his last year and the Broncos didn't want to have a lame duck coach so they gave him the extension. If the parting of way was indeed mutual it would be a fair assessment that the extension means little and was torn up with both sides walking away.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Many said the same about Aaron Rodgers who actually looked far worse than Oz. I am in NO WAY comparing the two but your comment is ignorance at best.
    I've been a Broncos and NFL fan for 25 years. Does that make me an expert, especially with quarterbacks? Absolutely not. But it has given me experience to see a lot of quarterback play for a lot of different teams. Nothing I've seen from Osweiler even in limited and preseason action screams franchise quarterback. That's just being honest. And I've been a fan long enough to know that too many fans seem to be enamored with the backup quarterback. We did it with Elway and Kubiak, then Maddox. We did it with Plummer and Cutler. We did it with Orton and Tebow. And we've done it with Manning and Osweiler. The most popular player on the team always seems to be the backup quarterback when you're disgruntled.

Now you could very well be right. Maybe Osweiler is some HoF quarterback in the making and he just needs an opportunity? But the more likely reality is he's likely an average quarterback who doesn't have the ability to carry this team beyond the talent around him.

I believe that Elway will make the correct choice for the next coach of our Broncos.

It had already been stated that were interested in interviewing Dan Quinn from the Seahawks, which I think is a great start.

I would like to see us interview Bowles from Arizona as well, but I think Elway will ultimately go for an offensive minded coach. That is strictly my gut feeling and nothing else.

I do believe he will reach out to Gary Kubiak and I could actually see that happening. I would not be the least bit disappointed bringing Kubes back.

I also will not be surprised at all if it ends up being someone that nobody is talking about and will trust Elway's decision. I think he has done what is necessary so far and that he will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Was going into his last year and the Broncos didn't want to have a lame duck coach so they gave him the extension. If the parting of way was indeed mutual it would be a fair assessment that the extension means little and was torn up with both sides walking away.
    Actually if we are to believe The Denver Post, it appears Fox wanted more personnel and draft control, and had become unhappy over the last year or so coaching under Elway. It also appears Fox leaked the story to Glazer, which we all pretty much knew, which seems to have been the major catalyst in this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Rodgers was viewed as a potential first overall pick. Chances are he would have succeeded even if he didn't have to sit behind Favre. I doubt anyone evaluating Oz was thinking he looked better than Rodgers coming out of school.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ruksak View Post
    It is not. Things change. 2 months ago he wasn't tore up. If you retain him, what do we realistically expect? The same exact thing will happen next year, but worse, more profound. Last year it was two blown ankles. This year it was two blown thighs (specifically a serious quad). Next year what will it be. This proud franchise is moving forward, and it will do so now without the interference of having Peyton Manning being the centerpiece.

You cannot move forward with these question marks around him. The result will be the same.
    ughhh thats just plain sad.

it might be the truth but its hard to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I've been a Broncos and NFL fan for 25 years. Does that make me an expert, especially with quarterbacks? Absolutely not. But it has given me experience to see a lot of quarterback play for a lot of different teams. Nothing I've seen from Osweiler even in limited and preseason action screams franchise quarterback. That's just being honest. And I've been a fan long enough to know that too many fans seem to be enamored with the backup quarterback. We did it with Elway and Kubiak, then Maddox. We did it with Plummer and Cutler. We did it with Orton and Tebow. And we've done it with Manning and Osweiler. The most popular player on the team always seems to be the backup quarterback when you're disgruntled.

Now you could very well be right. Maybe Osweiler is some HoF quarterback in the making and he just needs an opportunity? But the more likely reality is he's likely an average quarterback who doesn't have the ability to carry this team beyond the talent around him.
    Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about Oz. If Manning hangs em up I won't be expecting much from him. However, it would be even more silly to just skip over a second round pick based on the little we have seen from him.

I still believe it was a bad pick made for all the wrong reasons but he is a Bronco nevertheless and will get his shot. Let's hope he is legit and it's a big hill avoided.

I'm not saying Brock will be the next franchise QB, but everyone who says "they don't see it in him" are working from a baseless position. He certainly needs to prove he can be that guy, but the default option is not that someone won't. He looked good under center in the limited snaps he has had, much improved from his rookie year. He is now passing before looking to run, and has good zip on that ball. The one drive vs. Oakland a couple weeks ago is not a reasonable sample, but he looked plenty poised and shows he at least has the arm, and he can make all the throws, plus he adds a mobility dimension...it's just a question of how well he can read defenses and play the cerebral part of the game, how he does under pressure, etc. We have nothing to evaluate that.
    Last edited by cmc0605; 01-12-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Rodgers was viewed as a potential first overall pick. Chances are he would have succeeded even if he didn't have to sit behind Favre. I doubt anyone evaluating Oz was thinking he looked better than Rodgers coming out of school.
    Almost every year there is a guy like that so it's not really saying much to begin with. That isn't really what were talking about anyways, it's about how a player looks early in their NFL career. Rodgers looked awful, and it's not debatable. Many GB fans were calling him a bust. Should they have moved on?

Quote Originally Posted by broncofanfromia View Post
    No, several sources have already said that was incorrect. They were given permission to interview.
    the funny thing is, didnt they already have permission to interview. gase had 4 interviews with teams two weeks ago.

sooo its odd there are some reports saying permission to interview when they already had it.

i think they are under contract and its up to the new hc if he wants them or not

JOHN GRUDEN. KUBIACK said he wasn't interviewing for HC vacancies, but that was Broncos HC position was open.
    [IMG]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1617/dwilliams27sig2ra.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/twolves4ever/darrent.png[/IMG]

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Elway be like: