63 33.16%
  • Adam Gase

6 3.16%
  • Other (state who)

21 11.05%
Page 99 of 117 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1742
    Quote Originally Posted by LightningRodBob View Post
    I just don't understand Elway's infatuation with Kubiak.

Kubiak is just kind of an offensive-minded version of John Fox. And he won't be able to focus on just the offensive scheme and gameplanning if he's the head coach. I think Kubiak is a much better OC than HC.

And again... why do we want him so bad? He's just a good offensive mind who runs a version of the offense we used to run when Elway was here with Shanahan. He had an extended HC shot and only had 2 "good" seasons out of 8.

So we just want him for... nostalgia? And familiarity? I think the bigger reason is that Elway knows he'll be a Yes Man for him. And that does not excite me as a fan. I think Elway is doing a very good job with personnel, but I also think that most SB winning teams have strong-willed head coaches and not soft coaches like John Fox or Gary Kubiak.

Still holding out hope that a)Atlanta hires Austin/Gase duo, b) Gary turns us down and C) Quinn falls into our laps

EDIT:

I do think that if we do hire Kubiak, and obviously he brings Dennison at OC, that maybe we are interviewing Vance Joseph under the guise of a head coaching job, but maybe we really like him more for a potential DC. And if not him, Fangio or Schwartz?
    I disagree with a couple of points. First, Kubiak seems to me to be more of an Xs and Os coach than Fox ever was. I think he'd be a better game planner and make better adjustments. Second, I highly doubt Elway is simply looking for a yes man. If that were the case he could hire some unknown guy who would just be happy to be here.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Ravens OC Gary Kubiak will interview for the Broncos' head-coaching vacancy this weekend.

After shooting down head-coaching inquiries from the Bears and Jets and committing to the Ravens for 2015, Kubiak has decided to take an interview for the recently-opened Broncos' vacancy. Kubiak spent all nine seasons of his playing career in Denver and then was on Mike Shanahan's coaching staff as QBs coach and OC for 11 years. A Shanahan pupil, Kubiak runs the same offense. He coached GM John Elway and is said to be "far and away" Elway's top choice.

------------

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Lions DC Teryl Austin has withdrawn his name from the Broncos' head-coaching search.

Austin was scheduled to interview with Denver on Friday, but canceled at the last minute. It appears to be Atlanta or a return to Detroit for Austin. He's interviewed twice for the Falcons' head-coaching opening, but Atlanta may be waiting to speak with Seahawks DC Dan Quinn and/or Patriots OC Josh McDaniels before making a decision. The Lions would love for Austin to return.

-------------

Maybe Austin sniffed out Kubiak agreed for an interview and decided not to bother?

Interviewing Joseph means DEN abides by the Rooney rule. Kubiak probably mentioned him as a DC (coach-in-waiting) if Kubiak's health is an issue.

HC: Kubiak
    OC: Dennison
    DC: Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by pepesilvia View Post
    You have to understand that while the HOT names might be cool to pick up. They could burn us too. I had to realize that once Kubes accepted the interview.

We tried that HOT name once. With Josh McDaniels....
    And I do understand that, Just Kubes and his entire offense philosophy is the Anti Gase/Manning

But that is why we are all Just Armchair GM's & Coaches, I trust Elway and his Plans for the Broncos and will support who ever he decides on.

Quote Originally Posted by pepesilvia View Post
    LOL!

Ok then maybe scratch that off my list.

LOL, I just looked at Kubiak's Wikipedia page and it has Kubiak as the Broncos' current head coach. I know it doesn't really mean anything but I find it amusing (look at the title underneath Gary's profile picture on the right-hand side of the page):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kubiak

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post

Maybe Austin sniffed out Kubiak agreed for an interview and decided not to bother?

Interviewing Joseph means DEN abides by the Rooney rule. Kubiak probably mentioned him as a DC (coach-in-waiting) if Kubiak's health is an issue.

HC: Kubiak
    OC: Dennison
    DC: Joseph
    I wish Austin would have remained a candidate, but there is a lot to like about the coaching triumvirate you mention!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokers View Post
    And I do understand that, Just Kubes and his entire offense philosophy is the Anti Gase/Manning
    Good then hopefully Manning retires and Gase is shown the door.

Manning is done and even if he were to come back I'm sure it's only for 1 more year and with his limitations combined with Gase nothing changes with the offense that has been figured out by every team.

@NBCdianna: Per source Kyle Shanahan turned down OC interview with 49ers and may be in play for Denver #Broncos

Saturday we are set to interview Doug Marrone, Former Bills HC, per ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...d-coaching-job

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    @NBCdianna: Per source Kyle Shanahan turned down OC interview with 49ers and may be in play for Denver #Broncos
    this is interesting

so what would this mean

kubiak HC
    shanny OC

Quote Originally Posted by Jokers View Post
    I'm just tired of the same old Rerun Names always being tossed around, I was looking forward to An Austin or a Quinn, something a bit different
    How would hiring a defensive minded coach be different than what we just had? I said elsewhere, Kubiak's demeanor may be similar to that of Fox, but his philosophy and approach is not. He would bring a different mindset to the offense, and he's good at hiring defensive minds to run that side of the ball. If Kubiak had sucked during his time in Denver I might understand the aversion to bringing him back. He didn't. If he had been atrocious in Houston, I could see the hesitation. He wasn't. He has familiarity and experience that is very important for a head coach, far more important than (hopefully) being the "next big thing".

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
    Saturday we are set to interview Doug Marrone, Former Bills HC, per ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...d-coaching-job
    im not sure how i feel about marrone

he killed spillers values and , focused on a power run offense this actually may be the best for the broncos run game,

but would he settle for less than HC? or would he become HC , shanny OC, kubs- stays in baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Manning2BayBay View Post
    this is interesting

so what would this mean

kubiak HC
    shanny OC
    Perhaps we should say Shanny JR to avoid confusion. But I'd be ok with this if Manning retires.

What do you guys think about Doug Marrone ?