Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kubiak, Dennison, and Pariani reported coming to Denver

I found this article stating Mike Klis of the Denver Post is claiming these are the new coaches.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...coaching-staff

It should come to no surprise that Rick Dennison is following Kubiak back to Denver. Dennison played linebacker for the Broncos for nine years, and then coached for 15 years for the Broncos before joining Kubiak's staff in Houston. There was Kubiak's Offensive Coordinator. After Kubiak was fired, he followed him to Baltimore and served as the teams Quarterback Coach. Now he's coming back to Denver to be the teams Offensive Coordinator replacing Adam Gase.

Dennison knows Gary Kubiak's better then anyone(except for Kubiak of course), and will help install Kubiak's zone blocking, run orientated, bootleg, play action offense that Kubiak is famous for.

Also joining the Broncos staff is Brian Pariani. He was Kubiak's tight end Coach during his entire tenure in Houston, and held the same position in Baltimore where Kubiak served as the Offensive Coordinator. Pariani will replace Clancy Barone as the teams Tight End's coach. According to Klis the team will try to retain Barone to be the teams Offensive line coach. He taught the Zone Blocking scheme to the Atlanta Falcons offensive line and tight ends from 2004 to 2006. One other coach who the Broncos want to retain is wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert.

Another familiar name could be rejoining the Denver Broncos Coaching Staff. There's a good chance that the Broncos may bring back zone-blocking guru Alex Gibbs to be an Offensive Consultant under Kubiak.
    Who's staying who's going:

Whenever a new Head Coach is hired there's often a lot of turnover on the coaching staff. So far here's everything we know on who might be joining, staying, and who might be going or has already left.

Quarterbacks Coach Greg Knapp is very familiar with Kubiak/Dennison's offense, and has a chance to return as the teams Quarterback coach. However he and Adam Gase are both candidates to replace Kubiak as the Baltimore Ravens Offensive Coordinator
    Jeff Rodgers who served as the Special Teams Coach under former Head Coach John Fox has followed Fox to Chicago and will be the Bears Special Teams coach.
    Defensive Backs Coach Cory Undlin will be joining the Philadelphia Eagles coaching staff and be their Defensive Backs Coach.
    Current Linebackers Coach Richard Smith served as Kubiak's Defensive Coordinator from 2004 to 2006, but was eventually fired from that position. According to Klis he has multiple offers to join other coaching staffs, but he could also stay with the Broncos.
    As for Running Backs coach Eric Studesville, there has been reports that he has a chance to return to the team. However there hasn't been anything definite about his status with the Broncos just yet.
    As for the Defensive Coordinator position, it still appears that Vance Joseph is the man for the job. I see a lot of you wanting Jim Schwartz and a few other guys but Joseph will more then likely be our next Defensive Coordinator. His Head Coaching interview satisfied the Rooney Rule, and also he was really interviewing for the Defensive Coordinator position.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

It would be nice to have Alex Gibbs back.
    I support Kaepernick 100%

Quote Originally Posted by assassin216 View Post
    I second that. Someone needs to come in and put the fear of God into that soft group.

Quote Originally Posted by assassin216 View Post
    Amen to that.

Gibbs would be a good return.

Quote Originally Posted by elecshoc View Post
    Gibbs would be a good return.
    How old is Gibbs? 90 or 95?

Quote Originally Posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
    How old is Gibbs? 90 or 95?

73 and everyone of those 73 years experience will prove invaluable to correcting our OLINE's softness.

Gibbs is 73 years old. And correct me if I'm mistaken but wasn't it reported that Gibbs and Gase got into it on the Sideline during the Superbowl? And after that, he was gone?

Just another reason to bring Gibbs back. Clearly the magnifying glass is being lowered onto the Offensive Line. And I'm guessing that the OL is about to undergo a HUGE "change of culture" (and possibly, some players), to say the least.

I heard Gibbs wanted to run the ball in the Super Bowl before falling so far behind. Gase and manning kept audibling away from the run so Gibbs tossed his play book and said " if you want to lose this bleep game then lose it" and walked off. Just what I had heard from the drive.

Bootleg passing game is all I read in that...... That equals PM is gone. No way he can run that O with his limited (at best) mobility.

Worried about going back to the ZBS....Just remember how ineffective it was at the end of its run here.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

During the past four years, Denver's rushing attack has included both angle blocks and zone steps. When I watched the Ravens in the playoffs, I noticed pullers on some run plays. It has become common for NFL teams to use both types of blocking in their rushing attack.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

yes bring Gibbs in he will help us a lot esp the guys we already have & im assuming some o-line who we will draft...

I thought this might mean Gibbs return. I personally welcome this news.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Rick Dennison was understudy to Alex Gibbs on the OL from 2001-2003. Clancy Barone was understudy to Alex Gibbs on the OL in 2004. I hope Gibbs returns as a consultant at least.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Rick Dennison was understudy to Alex Gibbs on the OL from 2001-2003. Clancy Barone was understudy to Alex Gibbs on the OL in 2004. I hope Gibbs returns as a consultant at least.
    Do you think he will? It seems like he and Gase were at odds so I would think by default he may be at odds with Manning.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif