Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Manning isn't even the best QB to play in a Bronco uniform. Shut the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by snewguy View Post
    all u have to do is look at Bradys competitive attitude vs mannings 'i am not embarassed by losing 43-8' attitude and you can see why Brady can light a fire under his team vs manning always saying he's just disappointed... when losing, when did you ever see manning gathering his O together and giving them a tongue lashing to get them going... Brady does it almost every second half including when he plays us... thats why the Pats are a great 2nd half team and we are not... if manning is not rolling in the first half, he struggles the entire game... Brady is the GOAT, perhaps Montana but personally did not see him that many times... in the clutch, i take either... manning is so far down the list, he is just one of the best of all time... its not a debate... its clear...GOAT with 9 one and outs? its not a debate...
    agreed. This is rarely seen from manning. not so much the competitiveness I am talking about here but the ability to inspire his team mates and be one of the guys.

Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-20-2015 at 12:30 PM.

The only athletes that I've seen that were insanely competitive as MJ are Tom Brady, Kevin Garnett, John Elway, Kobe Bryant, Ray Lewis, that were obossed with winning that it was illness when they lost any game losing killed them inside let alone anything that was a competition in any walk of life which is why there were crazy successful. I wish more athletes were like that too bad most aren't on that level. I never saw that from Peyton Manning or that fire to be the greatest no matter you won't beat me type of attitude and mindset, he's front runner like Lebron James when adversity hits they fold like house of cards get punched in mouth give up more times than not when everything is going well majority of the time both are flat out amazing. This is just observation following their playing careers.
    Last edited by Chillez; 01-20-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Manning is not the GOAT. As of now that is Elway. If Brady wins another this year, unfortunately he would move to the top of the list. As of now it would be Elway, Montana, Brady, then maybe Manning. If Elway consistently had the support and rosters as talented as Manning's he would have far more rings. In fact the team of the last 3 years surpasses those of the 96, 97, 98 Broncos.
    I'm sorry, but there is really no logic in saying Elway is the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtofManning View Post
    I'm sorry, but there is really no logic in saying Elway is the GOAT.
    Nope Elway not the GOAT but not too far away it's too bad during his prime seasons his coaching and rosters weren't that good. I would of loved to have seen what Elway would of done with San Francisco 49ers.

Manning haters:

"Well Manning has 9 one and dones!!!" You know since he was on a team by himself and he was the reason they lost every one even though in 5 of those games he either had the team the lead with less than a minute left, his kicker screwed it up, or he didn't get the ball in overtime to come back.

"His post season record is 11-13!!!" Ok .. Again playoff record is the most flawed statistic out there. You're better off not making the playoffs at all if you don't win the Superbowl. Eli Manning is 8-3 in the playoffs, but he's missed the playoffs more than half his career. His two Superbowl win seasons are his only wins. He has 3 one and dones and missed the playoffs I believe either 5 or 6 seasons. Peyton makes the playoffs every year meaning if he doesn't win the big game every year he's gonna have a loss. Even if he didn't have one and dones he'd still have only one ring and still have 13 losses.

Stop being idiots. He's not the GOAT, but he's top 5 EASY. Better than Favre, Marino, Young, AIkman, Bradshaw, Brees, Rodgers ... 5 MVP's, 3 Superbowls appearances, 1 ring. All the stats you'd ever want to top it off. Yeah, yeah I know the regular season don't matter right? There is no reason anyone doesn't rank him in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by PManningTKO View Post
    Manning haters:

"Well Manning has 9 one and dones!!!" You know since he was on a team by himself and he was the reason they lost every one even though in 5 of those games he either had the team the lead with less than a minute left, his kicker screwed it up, or he didn't get the ball in overtime to come back.

"His post season record is 11-13!!!" Ok .. Again playoff record is the most flawed statistic out there. You're better off not making the playoffs at all if you don't win the Superbowl. Eli Manning is 8-3 in the playoffs, but he's missed the playoffs more than half his career. His two Superbowl win seasons are his only wins. He has 3 one and dones and missed the playoffs I believe either 5 or 6 seasons. Peyton makes the playoffs every year meaning if he doesn't win the big game every year he's gonna have a loss. Even if he didn't have one and dones he'd still have only one ring and still have 13 losses.

Stop being idiots. He's not the GOAT, but he's top 5 EASY. Better than Favre, Marino, Young, AIkman, Bradshaw, Brees, Rodgers ... 5 MVP's, 3 Superbowls appearances, 1 ring. All the stats you'd ever want to top it off. Yeah, yeah I know the regular season don't matter right? There is no reason anyone doesn't rank him in the top 5.
    sure there is:

montana
    baugh
    graham
    unitas
    bradshaw

that's 5 right there........

edit...if he some more playoff games, yes...he would still have the 13 losses but he might have 20 or 25 wins to go along with them. In 11 of his 13 losses they failed to score 20 points...you act like he was lighting it up and lost because of some fluke reason...........

...and for the record...I am not a Manning "hater" just find him to be extremely over rated. He might be a top 10 QB but shouldn't even be in the discussion for best ever.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-20-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    sure there is:

montana
    baugh
    graham
    unitas
    bradshaw

edit...if he some more playoff games, yes...he would still have the 13 losses but he might have 20 or 25 wins to go along with them. In 11 of his 13 losses they failed to score 20 points...you act like he was lighting it up and lost because of some fluke reason...........

...and for the record...I am not a Manning "hater" just find him to be extremely over rated. He might be a top 10 QB but shouldn't even be in the discussion for best ever.

Off-topic question where do you rank Lebron James all-time? Since his career a lot like Peyton Manning for time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Off-topic question where do you rank Lebron James all-time? Since his career a lot like Peyton Manning for time being.
    don't really follow BB so I don't have an educated answer. I would just answer with names I know like MJ, Wilt, kareem, Bill Russell, Larry Bird...etc....

Montana
    Brady
    Bradshaw
    Unitas
    Elway
    Marino
    Young
    Aikman
    Favre
    Fouts
    Manning

Not necessarily in that order, but once you get past the first two names, you could argue for days about the order and still get nowhere. It comes down to one's opinion.

don't really follow BB so I don't have an educated answer. I would just answer with names I know like MJ, Wilt, kareem, Bill Russell, Larry Bird...etc....
    Gotcha understandable.

sure there is:

montana
    baugh
    graham
    unitas
    bradshaw

Don't forget Bart Starr.

Sid Luckman deserves consideration as well.
    Last edited by samparnell; 01-21-2015 at 09:22 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
    Montana
    Brady
    Bradshaw
    Unitas
    Elway
    Marino
    Young
    Aikman
    Favre
    Fouts
    Manning

Not necessarily in that order, but once you get past the first two names, you could argue for days about the order and still get nowhere. It comes down to one's opinion.

Good list, but Bradshaw? Really? I think Big Ben is better than Bradshaw. I don't agree with Bradshaw at all. Warren Moon is a much better QB than Bradshaw. Would you put Eli in there too? See my point?

To me (and I know I am biased) the GOAT is Unitas, Elway, Peyton or Montana. End of story.

We all know Brady is a fraud in a system, a system full of cheaters and deception.
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    Good list, but Bradshaw? Really? I think Big Ben is better than Bradshaw. I don't agree with Bradshaw at all. Warren Moon is a much better QB than Bradshaw. Would you put Eli in there too? See my point?

To me (and I know I am biased) the GOAT is Unitas, Elway, Peyton or Montana. End of story.

We all know Brady is a fraud in a system, a system full of cheaters and deception.
    Why not Bradshaw?

a fraud? really?

Why not Bradshaw?

a fraud? really?
    For what it's worth, Baugh, Luckman, Starr and Bradshaw all called their own plays. Baugh played both ways and punted, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus