Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Results 166 to 172 of 172
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Why not Bradshaw?

    a fraud? really?
    Like I said, I think Big Ben is better than Bradshaw. Most Steelers fans think the same. He just shouldn't be considered in a GOAT conversation. You didn't even have Warren Moon on there. He is better than Bradshaw IMO>

    Sorry, my hate for the Patriots and Brady clouds all rationale thought. I despise the Patriots and Belicheat and McCheat so much I can't fairly measure Brady. I do not think he is in the top 5 despite their success however.
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,366
    Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    Like I said, I think Big Ben is better than Bradshaw. Most Steelers fans think the same. He just shouldn't be considered in a GOAT conversation. You didn't even have Warren Moon on there. He is better than Bradshaw IMO>

    Sorry, my hate for the Patriots and Brady clouds all rationale thought. I despise the Patriots and Belicheat and McCheat so much I can't fairly measure Brady. I do not think he is in the top 5 despite their success however.
    why?
    ...........

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    481
    Two rings is a big deal. Hell, one ring is a big deal. So I get it about Big Ben. I disagree, but I get it.
    But very hard to argue against a guy who won 4 SB's in a time when any DB could, and often did, literally maul your WR's with rarely a flag.

    Bradshaw had a heck of a team around him, but he made it happen...4 times.

    Look at Elway. He went to 5 Superbowls and won 2. Was he a better QB later on in his career? No. If not for TD, he probably doesn't get those 2 rings. Would he be considered one of the greatest without those last two years? Debatable. See Marino and Fouts. Many will say neither deserve a spot on top 10 GOAT.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,200
    post seasons woes aside, peyton manning is by far the greatest QB to ever play IMO

    easily top 3 even with his playoff record.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
    Two rings is a big deal. Hell, one ring is a big deal. So I get it about Big Ben. I disagree, but I get it.
    But very hard to argue against a guy who won 4 SB's in a time when any DB could, and often did, literally maul your WR's with rarely a flag.

    Bradshaw had a heck of a team around him, but he made it happen...4 times.

    Look at Elway. He went to 5 Superbowls and won 2. Was he a better QB later on in his career? No. If not for TD, he probably doesn't get those 2 rings. Would he be considered one of the greatest without those last two years? Debatable. See Marino and Fouts. Many will say neither deserve a spot on top 10 GOAT.
    i think i know what you are trying to say but i can't agree with the underlined. the broncos had arguably the best run blocking OL in the history of the NFL with a great defense too at that time. even without TD they would have had great success running the football, just like they did after he left.

    i also think marino is borderline top 5, only because he didn't get a ring, otherwise he would be top 3 without a doubt. fouts probably isn't top 10 though, he isn't in the same class as marino IMO

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,366
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    post seasons woes aside, peyton manning is by far the greatest QB to ever play IMO

    easily top 3 even with his playoff record.
    Many people said the same thing about Dan marino while he was playing. After the retirement comes, people look back on the career a little objectively. marino is not talked about the same way any more as he was then. The same will happen with manning. Right now he is still playing and setting records but all that glitz and glam will fade when he is no longer in the spotlight.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i also think marino is borderline top 5, only because he didn't get a ring, otherwise he would be top 3 without a doubt. fouts probably isn't top 10 though, he isn't in the same class as marino IMO
    And this is the point. Though I might feel differently about this name or that name, it's hard to argue without taking into consideration the rings. Elway didn't suddenly become a world beating QB at age 37 or 38. He was a much better player in his younger days, even during those SB losses. Just so happened that the stars aligned for him when they did (Davis, Oline, whatever) and he captained the team to two back to back titles. By your logic above, THAT is what makes him one of the GE. Without them, is he just another really good one ala Marino and Fouts?

    Comes down to opinion I suppose. You can make a case for any or all the above based on TD's, Yards, INT's, YPG, Years played, yada yada. Probably a better true measure of what makes the best players.....or....you can make the argument that none of that crap matters unless you hoist a Lombardi or three. Perspective.

    EDIT: Even the best Olines rarely make a 2,000 yard RB. TD was pretty dang good no matter who was blocking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •