Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Thermopolis, WY
    Posts
    4

    New Coach & Apology

    Earlier, I ranted about the lack of heart by Peyton Manning. I wish to apologize for this. I doubt Peyton Manning reads these pages, but I still apologize publicly. I couldn't walk a few feet if I had the injuries he has, let alone play football. While it may be time for him to retire, or not, the fact is we still have John Elway making the decisions. And he makes big decisions! If Manning retires, why not throw him right into the mix as a head coach. I know most players would not have the experience, but this is Peyton Manning we are talking about. And consider the buzz!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by mayormike View Post
    Earlier, I ranted about the lack of heart by Peyton Manning. I wish to apologize for this. I doubt Peyton Manning reads these pages, but I still apologize publicly. I couldn't walk a few feet if I had the injuries he has, let alone play football. While it may be time for him to retire, or not, the fact is we still have John Elway making the decisions. And he makes big decisions! If Manning retires, why not throw him right into the mix as a head coach. I know most players would not have the experience, but this is Peyton Manning we are talking about. And consider the buzz!
    http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/12/pey...etire-already/

    Gimme a break. It was a strain aka nothing.

    Also, the fact that he didn't run for that first down was just pathetic.

    Playoff Peyton, sucking the life out of his team with his sorry playoff example

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    141
    Yeah cmon guys dont let Manning off the hook here. You couldnt tell from watching him play that his leg was injured. It reeked of an excuse job when they released the news that he had a torn quad only to be later corrected by others that it was only a strain.

    More importantly, if he suffered this major leg injury in week 15, then why in week 17 did he play into the 4th qtr in a blowout?? Something tells me if he was dealing with a substantial injury they would have taken him out alot earlier.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    882
    Seems like we have a couple of doctors in these forums with intimate knowledge on the extent of Manning's injury. Tell me, LikeAWhiner and Breakin2, are you able to perform lobotomy on yourselves? I fear if you don't get one soon you'll never stop stroking out all over these boards.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFaithful View Post
    Seems like we have a couple of doctors in these forums with intimate knowledge on the extent of Manning's injury. Tell me, LikeAWhiner and Breakin2, are you able to perform lobotomy on yourselves? I fear if you don't get one soon you'll never stop stroking out all over these boards.
    What do I care if you want to syke yourself up that it wasn't just another one of Peyton's epic 9 1st round meltdowns and blame a quad strain? It's already been corrected, it wasn't a tear, but you want to still think of it as one anyway.

    You're the one that's stuck with him. Indulge in whatever fantasies you want.

    Spoiler alert:
    Next year you're going to get bounced out of the play offs again in the 1st round, if you make it at all.

    Your team probably hates Manning after watching him not run for that easy first down five open yards in front of him, no defender in sight.

    It was the play offs and they needed it. Dont think the players are like these apologist fans. Nobody on that team believes in him now

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeABoss View Post
    What do I care if you want to syke yourself up that it wasn't just another one of Peyton's epic 9 1st round meltdowns and blame a quad strain? It's already been corrected, it wasn't a tear, but you want to still think of it as one anyway.

    You're the one that's stuck with him. Indulge in whatever fantasies you want.

    Spoiler alert:
    Next year you're going to get bounced out of the play offs again in the 1st round, if you make it at all.

    Your team probably hates Manning after watching him not run for that easy first down five open yards in front of him, no defender in sight.

    It was the play offs and they needed it. Dont think the players are like these apologist fans. Nobody on that team believes in him now
    So not only are you the team doctor you're the team councilor, with intimate knowledge on the mental state of our players.

    I've recently read this article that it's easier for dumb people to think others are as dumb as them, helps them cope. In reality, no real student of the game of football would hate a healthy Manning unless they had to play against him.

    Regardless, I'm a Broncos fan, and I'm more excited with knowing John Elway has control of where this franchise is heading. If Peyton leaves, I'll be just fine. If Brady leaves, you'll have to jump ship and choose a different bandwagon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFaithful View Post
    So not only are you the team doctor you're the team councilor, with intimate knowledge on the mental state of our players.

    I've recently read this article that it's easier for dumb people to think others are as dumb as them, helps them cope. In reality, no real student of the game of football would hate a healthy Manning unless they had to play against him.

    Regardless, I'm a Broncos fan, and I'm more excited with knowing John Elway has control of where this franchise is heading. If Peyton leaves, I'll be just fine. If Brady leaves, you'll have to jump ship and choose a different bandwagon.
    Nah, don't think so. You're more interested in defending Manning. If you were a Bronco fan you would agree Peyton is a coward for not going for that 1st down right in front of him.

    The dude played awful, unspiring, pathetic Peyton playoff football

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,992
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeABoss View Post
    http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/12/pey...etire-already/

    Gimme a break. It was a strain aka nothing.

    Also, the fact that he didn't run for that first down was just pathetic.

    Playoff Peyton, sucking the life out of his team with his sorry playoff example


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeABoss View Post
    Nah, don't think so. You're more interested in defending Manning. If you were a Bronco fan you would agree Peyton is a coward for not going for that 1st down right in front of him.

    The dude played awful, unspiring, pathetic Peyton playoff football
    You actually believe you struck gold in pointing out the 1st down thing . Why would I agree to something so absurd when I couldn't possibly know the extent of his injury? If he can't run, he can't run, anyone without an agenda could easily grasp such a simple concept.

    Brady played awful against a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers in the AFC championship game last year, and he wasn't even injured.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Haterville, CA
    Posts
    3,317
    Quote Originally Posted by mayormike View Post
    Earlier, I ranted about the lack of heart by Peyton Manning. I wish to apologize for this. I doubt Peyton Manning reads these pages, but I still apologize publicly. I couldn't walk a few feet if I had the injuries he has, let alone play football. While it may be time for him to retire, or not, the fact is we still have John Elway making the decisions. And he makes big decisions! If Manning retires, why not throw him right into the mix as a head coach. I know most players would not have the experience, but this is Peyton Manning we are talking about. And consider the buzz!
    Dude, Peyton Manning is the biggest post season choke artist to ever play the game. This injury is no excuse man. Rivers played like a beast wearing knee braces in that AFCCG until he could go no further.

    As for John Elway he used Fox as his scapegoat all the way. John Elway is a hyprocrite if he thinks he has nothing at all to do with the post season monumental collapses. He's the one who has helped structure the team with Manning and the coaching staff. He's the one who hand picked your team and put the product on the field. I'm not saying Fox had nothing do to with anything other than coaching Elway's product but come on already. John Elway couldn't even get his name straight in that goofy press conference. He thought JOhn Fox was JOhn Elway and then blubbered his non-sense all over the place saying "well, uh, duh, me and JOhn Elway...uh....duh....(he he uh!)...I mean John Fox weren't going in the same direction uh duh"....are you kidding me? Take credit for your failures John Elway. You rolled the dice with and very aged old QB and this is what is has come to. John Fox should have stayed in Denver and Elway should have started with a fresh young QB out of the gate instead of risking it all with Manning. I'm just saying your retard team is truly behind the 8 ball at this point and could have been poised with a potential franchise QB if Elway was a smart GM. He is in the wrong place man and Pat Bowlen took a risk in bringing a retired QB on board and put him in a cheap suit. Seriously the Broncos organization is in serious trouble right now.

    I say Fire John Elway and Bring Fox back.
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,843
    Troll speak is funny

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    7,315
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    Dude, Peyton Manning is the biggest post season choke artist to ever play the game. This injury is no excuse man. Rivers played like a beast wearing knee braces in that AFCCG until he could go no further.

    As for John Elway he used Fox as his scapegoat all the way. John Elway is a hyprocrite if he thinks he has nothing at all to do with the post season monumental collapses. He's the one who has helped structure the team with Manning and the coaching staff. He's the one who hand picked your team and put the product on the field. I'm not saying Fox had nothing do to with anything other than coaching Elway's product but come on already. John Elway couldn't even get his name straight in that goofy press conference. He thought JOhn Fox was JOhn Elway and then blubbered his non-sense all over the place saying "well, uh, duh, me and JOhn Elway...uh....duh....(he he uh!)...I mean John Fox weren't going in the same direction uh duh"....are you kidding me? Take credit for your failures John Elway. You rolled the dice with and very aged old QB and this is what is has come to. John Fox should have stayed in Denver and Elway should have started with a fresh young QB out of the gate instead of risking it all with Manning. I'm just saying your retard team is truly behind the 8 ball at this point and could have been poised with a potential franchise QB if Elway was a smart GM. He is in the wrong place man and Pat Bowlen took a risk in bringing a retired QB on board and put him in a cheap suit. Seriously the Broncos organization is in serious trouble right now.

    I say Fire John Elway and Bring Fox back.
    Fail!

    10 char
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Haterville, CA
    Posts
    3,317
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Troll speak is funny
    Truth Speaks loudly doesn't it?
    Face the facts and deal with it.
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,252
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    Dude, Peyton Manning is the biggest post season choke artist to ever play the game. This injury is no excuse man. Rivers played like a beast wearing knee braces in that AFCCG until he could go no further.

    As for John Elway he used Fox as his scapegoat all the way. John Elway is a hyprocrite if he thinks he has nothing at all to do with the post season monumental collapses. He's the one who has helped structure the team with Manning and the coaching staff. He's the one who hand picked your team and put the product on the field. I'm not saying Fox had nothing do to with anything other than coaching Elway's product but come on already. John Elway couldn't even get his name straight in that goofy press conference. He thought JOhn Fox was JOhn Elway and then blubbered his non-sense all over the place saying "well, uh, duh, me and JOhn Elway...uh....duh....(he he uh!)...I mean John Fox weren't going in the same direction uh duh"....are you kidding me? Take credit for your failures John Elway. You rolled the dice with and very aged old QB and this is what is has come to. John Fox should have stayed in Denver and Elway should have started with a fresh young QB out of the gate instead of risking it all with Manning. I'm just saying your retard team is truly behind the 8 ball at this point and could have been poised with a potential franchise QB if Elway was a smart GM. He is in the wrong place man and Pat Bowlen took a risk in bringing a retired QB on board and put him in a cheap suit. Seriously the Broncos organization is in serious trouble right now.

    I say Fire John Elway and Bring Fox back.
    LOL. I just figured out what you do when you go on your business trips for so long.

    That easily took a week or more to write, but I doubt anybody reads it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Haterville, CA
    Posts
    3,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    LOL. I just figured out what you do when you go on your business trips for so long.

    That easily took a week or more to write, but I doubt anybody reads it.
    Obviously you read it. Can you refute what I said?
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •