Page 53 of 352 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
    The Patsies are cheaters!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
    Accept it or seek therapy !

PatFan4Ever is dying to be in this conversation. Expect him any minute now.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Because the rest of the scientific community is so deeeeply interested in this. But maybe someone will, we'll see.
    Lol I mean when it is the first story on all major news networks for the past week (NBC, CNN, Fox, etc) it is definitely gonna get some attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Thousands of people around.. chain gang standing next to them. In playoff games, the NFL has a extra head official on the sideline.. I believe it was Clete Blakeman for the Patriots game and he was standing with near the ball boys and chain crew... you dont think he would see something?

Have you watched the ball boys on TV? They throw the balls into the bag and grab another one out... it would be pretty suspicious to be making a pile of balls and tampering with each one.
    Please dont pretend to know precisely how they do this from step to step and minute to minute. You weren't there and you don't work that job! They may have their system for doing this surreptitiously. As the NFL indicated in its statement yesterday, the investigation will be reviewing all electronic media, so we'll see what comes from that.

Lol I mean when it is the first story on all major news networks for the past week (NBC, CNN, Fox, etc) it is definitely gonna get some attention.
    I'm sure some folks in the scientific community are aware of the scandal, but how many care, and how many have looked at this report out of Boston College? It's only dreadfully important to you because your personal reputation is tied up with the standing of your team which is why you are ardently and hopelessly trying to defend them at a Broncos forum and God only knows how many other places! Speaking of "LOL" dude!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I'm sure some folks in the scientific community are aware of the scandal, but how many care, and how many have looked at this report out of Boston College? It's only dreadfully important to you because your personal reputation is tied up with the standing of your team which is why you are ardently and hopelessly trying to defend them at a Broncos forum and God only knows how many other places! Speaking of "LOL" dude!
    I mean it is here in the news in New England... which happens to have the best universities in the country, so I am sure there is plenty of fact checking going on.

My personal reputation is not on the line with my team... if your reading comprehension skills were up to par, I just told CanDB that if it comes out that the patriots did cheat, I would be the first to admit I was wrong and advocate for punishment.

Actually this is the only forum, I really regularly come to and post. If it matters to you, I will read the Pats forum but rarely post because it is mostly all the same perspective... that is why its nice to come and mix it up with other fans.

I just find it absolutely ridiculous that everyone is calling Brady a liar before the facts even come out. Yeah he was clearly uncomfortable at the presser but thats because it was a packed room full of people who don't usually cover sports, who had already made up their minds that the patriots are guilty of cheating, and Tom Brady was lying no matter what he said. I am actually pretty sure one of the media members called Brady a liar to his face in the press conference.

Could it be that BB and Brady were actually telling the truth?

The weather caused it reason doesn't hold an ounce of possibility. Other than the fact it wasn't the cause. Why didn't the colts balls drop at the same rate as the pats balls? That theory debunks it right away. But pats fans who just keep going down the trail of denial still use it as the reason. And here is the overarching reason it isn't possible.

Your renowned BC professor in is report says the ball would have had from a room at a temperature of 80 degrees. Who in the right mind in a cold weather area sets the thermostat or settings at 80 degrees? No one does without a reason. So there is no way they were oblivious to what was going on. I'm sorry but I highly doubt there are any physicists in the Pats locker room so they sought outside advice who told them to set the room temp where the balls are stored high. This type of maneuver would be similar to what the rockies do with the humidor. So really if it was due to weather and the balls held at 80 degrees the pats knew what was going on and Belichek and Brady lied straight to the world. And if that was truly what was happening why didn't they just come clean? In reality that isn't a violation, its shady, but still in compliance with the rule at check.

There patsies I just played your game If the weather was the cause, but that still doesn't end speculation that you didn't know what was going on.

If weather was the cause the NFL would have closed this case right away. They don't want this dumb story hanging over the SB. Only blind homer pats fans don't realize that someone in that organization did something.
    Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 01-24-2015 at 12:49 PM.

I know one thing--the balls certified as "okay" by the officials were never the correct weight/pressure. It isn't something that was manipulated on the field. Can you imagine trying to take 11 footballs out of a BAG (that's what they keep the footballs in) and trying to get all 11-12 of these identical balls to precisely 2 pounds less pressure while officials, fans, the other team's staff and cameras were all around? Come on. The officials don't check these footballs--they simply look at the balls presented to them to make sure there are no glaring problems (read: visible defects).
    Bowlen: "no competitive advantage" in salary cap violations.

The Pats to make an announcement. here we go here is where the "rouge" ball boy takes the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donkinator View Post
    I know one thing--the balls certified as "okay" by the officials were never the correct weight/pressure. It isn't something that was manipulated on the field. Can you imagine trying to take 11 footballs out of a BAG (that's what they keep the footballs in) and trying to get all 11-12 of these identical balls to precisely 2 pounds less pressure while officials, fans, the other team's staff and cameras were all around? Come on. The officials don't check these footballs--they simply look at the balls presented to them to make sure there are no glaring problems (read: visible defects).
    You haven't heard of these?

http://www.amazon.com/TRAILHEAD-TIRE.../dp/B004WOTD58

It would be fairly reasonable to setup to your preferred PSI ahead of time, hide one in your hand/pocket and air down footballs inside a ball bag hidden from sight. Even if you hit the same ball you've already aired down, you wouldn't let any more air out then the tool was already set to.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    The Pats to make an announcement. here we go here is where the "rouge" ball boy takes the blame.
    I think the announcement will finally shed light on the subject, and make sense of all this delay. I think they are going to stop defending and blame the real person for this "calamity". It's the.....

BALL GIRL!!!!

Yes, even Tom, the nice guy that he is, will point her out. Now he can move on with his rather ordinary life.....being married to the #1 Super Model, and between the two of them making about $100M per year. And the good looks and the adoring fans and all the success. Time to blame the guilty girl. No more sacrificing. Oh how he wishes this didn't have to go so wrong.
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-24-2015 at 01:10 PM.

I am no physicist either, but what temperature is it when you inflate your tires? Also your tires are a heck of a lot bigger than a football Pounds per square INCH.. could have something to do with it.

I am gonna take the word of a physics professor over the word of a guy who checks his tire pressure
    LOL. You clearly are no physicist, however we aren't talking about PhD stuff here.

Psi (gauge pressure or absolute pressure) is measured the same whether it's a truck tire, bike tire, football, or a Patriots* fan head. Size is not an issue, 12.5 psi in a football is the same pressure as 12.5 psi measured anywhere else, it is what it is.

I also find it hysterical to the point of hypocritical that you and every other Patriots* apologist is jumping on one scientist coming forward with a plausible explanation. At the same time all the evidence points the other way and reasonable people conclude there was tampering and were "jumping to conclusions."

While he has valid input, nobody in the scientific community would make a conclusive answer with ALL the variables. I know, I do professional testing for a living. There are too many variables that are assumed to be true to arrive at that result.

His result is possible given everything that is assumed but this is the same problem people assume the Patriots* cheated have, data, facts. In the end, the simplest answer is usually correct. The simplest answer, unfortunately for your beloved snow-ploughing, sign filming, team has is they overstepped the line again.

The question is: 1) do all NFL teams and their QBs carefully prep footballs to their liking? ANSWER: YES.

2) Are all NFL teams game balls identical? ANSWER: Definitely NOT. See question #1.

3) Do officials really check the inflation of footballs prior to the game? ANSWER: At least one NFL ball boy interviewed said he never had footballs presented to the officials rejected or inspected, other than visually. They squeeze the footballs, they don't check the pressure with a gauge.

NY Times article about the preparation for Eli Manning's/Giants footballs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donkinator View Post
    The question is: 1) do all NFL teams and their QBs carefully prep footballs to their liking? YES.

2) Are all NFL teams game balls identical? Definitely NOT. See question #1.

3) Do officials really check the inflation of footballs prior to the game? At least one ball boy interviewed said he never had footballs presented to the officials rejected or inspected, other than visually. They squeeze the footballs, they don't check the pressure with a gauge.

NY Times article about the preparation for Eli Manning's/Giants footballs.
    So everybody does it and the Patriots* aren't as good at cheating as other teams because they got caught?

I get it, the Patriots* are the real victims...

Pathetic
    Last edited by Rastic; 01-24-2015 at 01:14 PM.