Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    Kubiak does great as Elway leaves the field.We dont win but we lose by just 3 pts Bills go on to lose the Super Bowl by 1 pt to NY giants as Scott Norwood misse s47 yard field goal as time expired.
    Actually that was the season the Redskins beat the Bills 37 - 24...the Scott Norwood miss was the super bowl the year before
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Back when the NFL was real!
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Actually that was the season the Redskins beat the Bills 37 - 24...the Scott Norwood miss was the super bowl the year before

Yes I've since realised this thankyou.This was the year I started following NFL and this is the first time ive watched the game.Great to see Kubiaks greatest game was his last game as a Denver Bronco.

I remember that game like it was yesterday. Poor Steve Sewell. If not for his fumble after we got the onside we probably go on to win that game.

I watched a little bit and I always think of this game as the end for Sewell and Kubiak but there were allot of Broncos who kept playing but this was really their last Glory Game as a Bronco. Some left, some left and came back stronger and some retired.

Mark Jackson
    Vance Johnson
    Ricky Nattiel
    Karl Mecklenburg
    Dennis Smith
    Simon Fletcher
    Greg Kragen
    Ken Lanier

Keith Traylor and Tyrone Braxton would leave the team and come back as better players

This game was the end of a Great Era for the Broncos. Reeves and Elway won allot of games and after this it would never be the same for these two.

We got free agency as we know it in 1993. Wonder how different things would have been had it happened right after this season.
    Last edited by Hadez; 01-21-2015 at 07:34 PM.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I watched a little bit and I always think of this game as the end for Sewell and Kubiak but there were allot of Broncos who kept playing but this was really their last Glory Game as a Bronco. Some left, some left and came back stronger and some retired.

Mark Jackson
    Vance Johnson
    Ricky Nattiel
    Karl Mecklenburg
    Dennis Smith
    Simon Fletcher
    Greg Kragen
    Ken Lanier

Keith Traylor and Tyrone Braxton would leave the team and come back as better players

This game was the end of a Great Era for the Broncos. Reeves and Elway won allot of games and after this it would never be the same for these two.

We got free agency as we know it in 1993. Wonder how different things would have been had it happened right after this season.

Considering Elways struggles on this day I think Kubiak was absolutely superb on this day.Also if only our players in the colts game showed half the passion these guys did we would be in the super bowl.

Bleed Orange!!!!

Dont know if you guys got an opportunity to read the Post yesterday but there was a column that Kiszla wrote titled "Team first-players right for the Broncos". Dont really agree with Kiszla in a lot of his stuff but this one got me to thinking a little bit.

He made reference to many Broncos players in the locker room that may not truly Bleed orange (Peyton Manning, Wes Welker). That although these guys may earn a pretty good pay check and play hard that they may not truly love the Denver Broncos and the organization like past players such as Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Steve Atwater, and Ed McCaffery (player of my choice). He mentioned how Shannon Sharpe's love for his team mates might have made a difference in the huddle and inspired them in last years super bowl, in which we were embarrassed in. He finally stated that instead of Elway going out and spending all this money in the offseason on all this so called "talent", maybe he should start to invest in keeping the championship culture.

Just an interesting read to me as I sometimes think to myself as why we have never seemed to be able to assemble a team that was truly special like the teams were when we won those super bowls. It just seems like we just dont have "IT" to win this thing again. Two words say it all for me in regard to the 2015 season upcoming BLEED ORANGE

Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    Dont know if you guys got an opportunity to read the Post yesterday but there was a column that Kiszla wrote titled "Team first-players right for the Broncos". Dont really agree with Kiszla in a lot of his stuff but this one got me to thinking a little bit.

He made reference to many Broncos players in the locker room that may not truly Bleed orange (Peyton Manning, Wes Welker). That although these guys may earn a pretty good pay check and play hard that they may not truly love the Denver Broncos and the organization like past players such as Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Steve Atwater, and Ed McCaffery (player of my choice). He mentioned how Shannon Sharpe's love for his team mates might have made a difference in the huddle and inspired them in last years super bowl, in which we were embarrassed in. He finally stated that instead of Elway going out and spending all this money in the offseason on all this so called "talent", maybe he should start to invest in keeping the championship culture.

Just an interesting read to me as I sometimes think to myself as why we have never seemed to be able to assemble a team that was truly special like the teams were when we won those super bowls. It just seems like we just dont have "IT" to win this thing again. Two words say it all for me in regard to the 2015 season upcoming BLEED ORANGE
    Can you post the link please.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

It helps when your coaching staff bleeds Orange

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    It helps when your coaching staff bleeds Orange
    And if Wade comes back, they'll be old skool "D" logo Orange!!!!!!!!!

I don't doubt our players bleed orange including Peyton and Wes and DT saying we could get a home town discount. I did however doubt our coaches and now it looks like they were moving on before the Colts game. Never felt that way about Kubiak after he left, or Dennison. I think Elway is spending the money on those he thinks are begging to win.

Meh. Just need winners. If we bring in Seahawks winning defense here such as Chancellor and THomas, they are still going to be play winning football. TJ Ward, DeMarcus Ware are great players. But never won any thing in their prior NFL teams. So they are used to complacency and mediocrity. Welker has dropped crucial passes in playoffs for Patriots. And Peyton did win 1 superbowl. But his struggles in playoffs even before Broncos is well known.

We're certainly becoming the all cliche team.