Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    It is amazing to me the all the coaches and Mr Elway wants him back because so many here thinks he can't play anymore. Maybe they know more than you and there just might be a really good reason besides age for manning slump. You go to a football forum because you think peeps would know something about the game. However, i have been proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii007 View Post
    So you decide to ignore the times that he actually makes plays that prove his toughness and want to only point to the plays where he "scoots out of the way"? I guess that kind of selective memory is a great way of convincing yourself that your opinion is correct 100% of the time. So...does Brady and Rodgers and every other QB go out there and be a lead blocker on every running play because they are obviously "tough" and thus have the right to make comments about laying it all out on the line? I guess being tough is also pouting and complaining to the referees anytime a rusher comes anywhere close to him, because that is what Brady does EVERY SINGLE TIME HE IS DECKED, when was the last time you saw Manning complain about the numerous late hits he gets and the questionable areas he gets hit in (the head and the lower legs). I guess just playing on is not being "tough" but complaining about it is? You want tough? How about when Manning was hit illegally near the knees, right on top of his already torn quad muscles, what did Manning do? He just got up and continued the drive throwing two perfect passes for the first and last leads of the game for the Broncos.
    Like I said several times, u have your opinion on his toughness and I have mine. U call tough, throwing a block here and there. I call tough Terry Bradshaw, Elway, or Farve. Sorry when I think of tough QB's Manning just doesn't come to mind. And that's my opinion disagree if u want, but it is what it is.

Manning can't be the backup and make sure there is no skipping a beat when the backup comes in for him? That doesn't make any sense. Elway and Manning are two different QBs, and an injured Manning cannot make all the throws, however, the beginning of the season proved that a healthy Manning can make all the throws.

When I said 'backup' I was referring to Elway's backup QB (Bubby Brister) and stating that even when Elway was out due to injury our backup QB (Brister) kept our offense running on all cylinders without missing a beat or having to 'adjust' the offense because even our backup QB had the tools to run that style of offense. Manning doesn't have that skill set so with his lack of mobility and dying arm Kubiak will have to seriously water-down his true and full offense no matter what PC statement he (Kubiak) says to the media.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 01-21-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Isn't the West Coast Offense known for actually being all about shorter passes? That is why someone like Montana thrived in it in spite of not having a rocket arm? So wouldn't that be perfect for someone like Manning if he is supposedly getting weaker?
    Yes it is. It is also very strict and specific as to formation, shifts, motion, where each eligible receiver lines up and which route they run on a pass play. That leads to extremely long and complicated play calls which must be sent in. It isn't conducive to being called at LOS due to its complexity. IDK if a WCO would mix with the way PM has been in the habit of playing the game. WCO runs from a script for the first 20 or so plays. I also don't know how Manning would feel about 25-30% of the plays planned in advance. I think a WCO would need major adaptation and simplification in order to co-exist with PM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I was not around during the Tebow Magical Mystery Tour, but I was on another forum, as someone who was a huge proponent of wanting to see what Tebow had to offer and held out hope for improved throwing (before Manning), complaints or criticism of Tebow was tangible and factual, things like he can't throw well, he takes .......
    Something I've noticed, from casual observance of several teams over the years, is that when a quarterback starts being referred to as "best chance to win", he's not actually the best chance to win. I'm not saying that it means anything concrete, but if our FO or coaches start calling him that, it's a pretty big red flag.

But on a proactive note: Since Manning will probably come back, protecting his health is going to be priority #1. That's going to have to come from the coaches, and not from Manning phantom sacking himself out there to save his body. The Oz will probably have to play a full game or more, and at the very least be ready for some spot duty.

So, whether Manning is coming back or not, Oz has to be ready to jump in and win some games too. If we ride out Manning all the way to the end of the season, I doubt he'll have anything left to give, no matter how bad he wants to.

I don't have much faith in Brock, but he should get his shot one way or the other next year. I think that the teams fate will rest with him, even if Manning's back. If he can play 3 or more games competently, and give Manning rest in spot duty, we might have a chance. Otherwise, I think we're hosed.

Without getting into some 2 page wall of text, I think that's basically what it boils down to, and it's about as optimistic as I can get, considering our current situation.
    This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...

Contrary to what some here might believe, similar debates have happen in the past on this board. Search them.

Plummer & Cutler
    Cutler & Orton
    Orton & Tebow
    Tebow & Manning
    Manning & Father Time

yup....................

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    When I said 'backup' I was referring to Elway's backup QB (Bubby Brister) and stating that even when Elway was out due to injury our backup QB (Brister) kept our offense running on all cylinders without missing a beat or having to 'adjust' the offense because even our backup QB had the tools to run that style of offense. Manning doesn't have that skill set so with his lack of mobility and dying arm Kubiak will have to seriously water-down his true and full offense no matter what PC statement he (Kubiak) says to the media.
    OK now I know why I was confused because I am not sure how Kubiak needing to adjust the offense to help Manning is relevant to the idea that was proposed that Osweiler come in for a few games during the season to give Manning the opportunity to rest/heal like Elway did back then? If that was not what your original post was referring to or answering then never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    He isnt going to have to water anything down. You are short changing both Manning and Kubiak.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    Something I've noticed, from casual observance of several teams over the years, is that when a quarterback starts being referred to as "best chance to win", he's not actually the best chance to win. I'm not saying that it means anything concrete, but if our FO or coaches start calling him that, it's a pretty big red flag.

But its just true. Every starting QB is talked about the same way. They are starting, because of the available players, these are the best they have at that position that give you that chance.

But on a proactive note: Since Manning will probably come back, protecting his health is going to be priority #1. That's going to have to come from the coaches, and not from Manning phantom sacking himself out there to save his body. The Oz will probably have to play a full game or more, and at the very least be ready for some spot duty.

But of course. That is what a QB2 does. Or at least, should.

So, whether Manning is coming back or not, Oz has to be ready to jump in and win some games too. If we ride out Manning all the way to the end of the season, I doubt he'll have anything left to give, no matter how bad he wants to.

I don't have much faith in Brock, but he should get his shot one way or the other next year. I think that the teams fate will rest with him, even if Manning's back. If he can play 3 or more games competently, and give Manning rest in spot duty, we might have a chance. Otherwise, I think we're hosed.

Why? There really is no solid evidence that Manning cant play, if healthy. None.

Without getting into some 2 page wall of text, I think that's basically what it boils down to, and it's about as optimistic as I can get, considering our current situation.
    Comments bolded.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    We may not be able to win a Superbowl with Manning, but I certainly don't see us winning one with the other quarterbacks on our roster in the time we have to keep the majority of this team intact. I desperately wanted him to choose Arizona over us way back when, but it didn't happen, and we got a couple years of extremely talented teams falling just short. It is what it is. He is still our best shot.

He needs to take a paycut or at least a creative restructure for one, and then at the beginning of next year he needs to announce his retirement, so the NFL can rig him into a Superbowl win like they did for Ray Lewis.

Ole' noodle arm, can probably throw better and harder then any of the experts on here! He was throwing some nice spirals before he got hurt, with a lot of velocity.

I will take my chances with "Ole' noodle arm" any day over anyone else we have.
    It is pretty much a "No Brainer".

Plus he is a Denver Bronco! Until that changes I will be fully in Support of "Ole' Noodle arm". I bet that bum wing can still hoist that throphy if need be!

We have Zero percent chance without him, let's be real folks!

And maybe have just a little bit of RESPECT for that HOF QB that plays for Our Denver Broncos!!!

Thread needs to be cleaned. Will do it later. It might re-open.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "