Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

We Will NOT Win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning, end of story

And the reason is so damn simple I'm just shocked so many refuse to believe what their eyes are clearly showing them....Peyton Manning does not have an adequate NFL arm anymore....

How can we run bootlegs or PA when the QB literally cannot get the ball where we need him to? Think about it from a CB's standpoint playing against Manning...are you even going to protect a 15 yard out route? Hell no, because if anything you want him to throw that because you should be able to beat his ball there...you are just going to jump everything inside and play extremely aggressive because Manning just simply can't throw that far with any velocity...it's not his fault...it's just his arm is so done...all we could do was shorter routes and inside routes...and when we're at home with the thin air, he can go deep a tad bit better...on the road this year...I couldn't stand watching Manning..

As we saw this year in Rams game, Pats game, Bengals game, Colts game....it's finally been figured out by the entire NFL...and nobody is going to play us any other way anymore because why would you? It also doesn't help that he's literally the most unathletic player I've ever seen on an NFL field...allows dlineman to be fully aggressive and not worry a smoot about maintaining their gaps or containing...it's always pedal to the metal for the QB which is insanely tough to consistently protect

If you can't even bring the threat of the deep ball and being able to throw outside the numbers...you're going to be a turnover machine...and that's what Manning became

It is THAT simple...he aged 10 years in one month, it's over

Now imo, there is no question I'm rolling into next year with Brock as my starter (unless Elway has seen firsthand that this kid just does not have it) but I have read all about how Os spends more time in the building than ANYONE on our roster including Peyton Manning....the kid should've learned some stuff by now and if he can't do it when given the perfect opportunity to this point with a great team (better situation than A-Rod)...then he never will

So we need to find out if he has it or not...because there is zero reason to waste another year, having everyone age another year...when there is no way Manning will be able to throw the ball for DAMN SURE come another December/Jan....

So unless Elway is positive Brock doesn't have it (which is how it seems with them never letting the dude get a damn snap...and that's some ridiculous crap from Manning too, he should be better than that)...but we need to see SOMEBODY else under center next year...I cannot take another season watching that man try to throw a football that he just can't anymore....

With that said...we have an elite team still and a very good coach with a great scheme (hopefully we get an aggressive D coordinator to go along with it) we could win the damn SB next year with the right QB...could've won the last two years if Manning's arm didn't die both times...but anyhow, imo it's not even close to a "rebuild" we just need a QB who can still keep defenses honest

Good to post again, been awhile..
    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 01-20-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Can't say I disagree with you.

When Brock finally gets his shot, or if it's some other QB, there are going to be a lot of people who suddenly won't know who to blame anymore. Mark that down. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Conner13 View Post
    When Brock finally gets his shot, or if it's some other QB, there are going to be a lot of people who suddenly won't know who to blame anymore. Mark that down. 'Nuff said.
    Unfortunately These people will always find someone to blame.

The backup QB is always the most popular player.... Until they play

I don't believe we'll win a SB with Peyton either because he can't run but a very 'condensed' version of Kubiak's playbook.

Until Manning retires he's just hindering Kubiak from being able to fully run his offense and hindering whomever the next QB is from growing in Kubiak's offense.

Unfortunately I don't feel our next 'franchise' QB is on the roster.

Actually, I bet some of the following will happen:
    Some will blame Elway for picking Osweiler in the first place.
    Some will blame Osweiler for not learning.
    Some will blame Elway for letting go of Manning (if Oz starts)
    Some will blame Manning for not giving Osweiler more opportunities for snaps.

There will always be blame.

If you'd predicted this three years ago, it would've been more impressive.

Even in his prime, Manning always gonna Manning.

Sometimes my ability to note obvious trends and make predictions from them astounds even me!
    This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...

^ well it seems not all have realized it...like I said it is very simple but APPARENTLY as you can see...many still believe Manning has it..

I'm not 1000% saying definitely start OZ none of us have seen enough to know which is 100% bad coaching from John Fox...but I'm saying it can't be Manning and that just awful arm he has now

These threads are made every year. Wait to see what they have in store. It's like a bottle of drama that is going to fill up considerably when you have NO Knowledge of the plan going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    These threads are made every year. Wait to see what they have in store. It's like a bottle of drama that is going to fill up considerably when you have NO Knowledge of the plan going forward.
    ^ How do you figure any of that? I'm saying Manning can't throw anymore....you agree or you don't

Maybe, maybe not. Stranger things have happened.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Agree with the OP. Until last years SB I saw Manning working that "audible like a madman to expose the D" thing to perfection. It was magical to watch and nearly unstoppable. Then the SB and the Seahawks D showed the whole league how to stop it. Everyone knows the coordinators in the league copy whatever works from whatever team so this year our offense was a pale imitation of Peyton's 1st 2 seasons. Was it all down to the other teams game plans against us or was it down to Peyton's rapid physical decline this year? A combination of both I think...but the real problem is due to Peyton's age and injury history he's now woefully one dimensional with no escape ability from the rush. It was a fun (mostly) ride with Peyton and we're now up to 4 consecutive AFC West championships but I honestly don't see him repeating the success of those 1st 2 seasons and getting us to the SB again. Time to move on.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

I think if PM allows the run game to be the main focus on the offense and just pass when needed I think he can be one of the gears who wins a championship

Yea his arm strength concerns me but PM does make some good deep throws. IMO he arm wears down after a long NFL season of throwing 40-50 passes every game. He needs to get down to 20-30 passes a game and rely on the run.

IMO PM can win one just like how Elway did...feature the running game and make key passes when needed.

Kubiak said he can make a playbook for PM and I believe him

I don't think Manning's arm is the only issue. He had a lot of bad games in the playoffs when his arm was fine. I also don't think Manning's current mobility will be an issue for Kubiak. Is a QB with 5.0 speed and 1.9 YPC like Schaub a mobile QB? That's news to me. Anyway, I think we won't win a championship with Manning simply because he does not play at a championship level in the playoffs. He's been this way his whole career. Young, old, healthy, injured... Manning is a HoF QB in the regular season and turns into an average QB in the playoffs, and it's damn hard to win a championship with an average QB.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607