Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

O-line fits for Kubiak?

What players, either free agent or draft eligible, do you see fitting Kubiak's system? What about some of the top names like Iupati and Bulaga?

i think Ty Sambrailo and Jake fisher would be great fits at RT, not to mention i think Clady will be much improved in Kubiaks system
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

not sure on the guys you mentioned I'd have to watch more film on them but the person I really like for his system is someone we already have which is Orlando Franklin. although he may not look so great at a different position in the passing game, I thought he definitely dId well at his original position in the running game, can'twait to see him in kubiak s zone blocking scheme.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-20-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam24 View Post
    not sure on the guys you mentioned I'd have to watch more film on them but person I really like for his system is someone we already have which is Orlando Franklin. although he may nit look so great at a different position in the passing game, I thought he definitely dI'd well at his original position in the running game, can'twait to see him in kKubiak s zone blocking scheme.
    I really like franklin but i feel the broncos will let him walk in order to have the money to sign DT and JT... i also think Pot Roast is more important then franklin
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    i think Ty Sambrailo and Jake fisher would be great fits at RT, not to mention i think Clady will be much improved in Kubiaks system
    Colorado State OT Ty Sambrailo has good numbers on paper at 6-5 (3/4”) and 309 pounds with adequate arm length (33 1/8”), but his body type wasn't impressive with most of his weight in his stomach and chest. This reflects his tape, which suggests he might need a full year in a NFL weight and conditioning program until he has the requisite functional strength needed to hold up on the edges.

Wonder how Schofield and Paradis could fit into the new scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Colorado State OT Ty Sambrailo has good numbers on paper at 6-5 (3/4”) and 309 pounds with adequate arm length (33 1/8”), but his body type wasn't impressive with most of his weight in his stomach and chest. This reflects his tape, which suggests he might need a full year in a NFL weight and conditioning program until he has the requisite functional strength needed to hold up on the edges.
    thanks for the the info... i have just read a couple reports and haven't started watching film yet.

I also wonder how the tackle the broncos draft last year fits into the equation at RT for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    I really like franklin but i feel the broncos will let him walk in order to have the money to sign DT and JT... i also think Pot Roast is more important then franklin

one thing I really like is his passion for the game especially watching his emotional post game interview after the playoff loss to the Colts. I really hope they find a way to keep him on.

Assuming we shift more toward what he's done in the past, we'll also need to add a fullback to the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
    Assuming we shift more toward what he's done in the past, we'll also need to add a fullback to the offense.
    I really hope the broncos draft a buy like Nick O'Leary who would make a great H-Back

Derek Newton, the RT for the Texans is a FA and we have a need at RT...could be a nice fit. He has really become a high quality RT and is only 27. Guess it depends on how he feels about the coaches that drafted him. Rodney Hudson at C would also be a great fit.

Those two signings would instantly give us a tremendous zone blocking OL.

What if we bring Ryan Harris back? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Yup I watched all his games as a CSU alum. Very athletic but not particularly strong. Big strong guys beat him.

My new #1 FA target is Rodney Hudson. He is the ideal fit for us at OC. Young, talented, and we steal him from KC.

For the draft, Jake Fisher is my guy. He is a beast, coming from Oregon you know he'd fit in well from an athleticism standpoint. He played LT this year, and was a rock at the position. He would excel here at RT Imo.

In this scheme, Chris Clark may be ok.