Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 254

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,006

    We Will NOT Win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning, end of story

    And the reason is so damn simple I'm just shocked so many refuse to believe what their eyes are clearly showing them....Peyton Manning does not have an adequate NFL arm anymore....

    How can we run bootlegs or PA when the QB literally cannot get the ball where we need him to? Think about it from a CB's standpoint playing against Manning...are you even going to protect a 15 yard out route? Hell no, because if anything you want him to throw that because you should be able to beat his ball there...you are just going to jump everything inside and play extremely aggressive because Manning just simply can't throw that far with any velocity...it's not his fault...it's just his arm is so done...all we could do was shorter routes and inside routes...and when we're at home with the thin air, he can go deep a tad bit better...on the road this year...I couldn't stand watching Manning..

    As we saw this year in Rams game, Pats game, Bengals game, Colts game....it's finally been figured out by the entire NFL...and nobody is going to play us any other way anymore because why would you? It also doesn't help that he's literally the most unathletic player I've ever seen on an NFL field...allows dlineman to be fully aggressive and not worry a smoot about maintaining their gaps or containing...it's always pedal to the metal for the QB which is insanely tough to consistently protect

    If you can't even bring the threat of the deep ball and being able to throw outside the numbers...you're going to be a turnover machine...and that's what Manning became

    It is THAT simple...he aged 10 years in one month, it's over

    Now imo, there is no question I'm rolling into next year with Brock as my starter (unless Elway has seen firsthand that this kid just does not have it) but I have read all about how Os spends more time in the building than ANYONE on our roster including Peyton Manning....the kid should've learned some stuff by now and if he can't do it when given the perfect opportunity to this point with a great team (better situation than A-Rod)...then he never will

    So we need to find out if he has it or not...because there is zero reason to waste another year, having everyone age another year...when there is no way Manning will be able to throw the ball for DAMN SURE come another December/Jan....

    So unless Elway is positive Brock doesn't have it (which is how it seems with them never letting the dude get a damn snap...and that's some ridiculous crap from Manning too, he should be better than that)...but we need to see SOMEBODY else under center next year...I cannot take another season watching that man try to throw a football that he just can't anymore....

    With that said...we have an elite team still and a very good coach with a great scheme (hopefully we get an aggressive D coordinator to go along with it) we could win the damn SB next year with the right QB...could've won the last two years if Manning's arm didn't die both times...but anyhow, imo it's not even close to a "rebuild" we just need a QB who can still keep defenses honest

    Good to post again, been awhile..
    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 01-20-2015 at 12:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    9,750
    Can't say I disagree with you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,108
    When Brock finally gets his shot, or if it's some other QB, there are going to be a lot of people who suddenly won't know who to blame anymore. Mark that down. 'Nuff said.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner13 View Post
    When Brock finally gets his shot, or if it's some other QB, there are going to be a lot of people who suddenly won't know who to blame anymore. Mark that down. 'Nuff said.
    Unfortunately These people will always find someone to blame.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner13 View Post
    When Brock finally gets his shot, or if it's some other QB, there are going to be a lot of people who suddenly won't know who to blame anymore. Mark that down. 'Nuff said.
    The backup QB is always the most popular player.... Until they play

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    The backup QB is always the most popular player.... Until they play
    They are backups for a reason.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,892
    I don't believe we'll win a SB with Peyton either because he can't run but a very 'condensed' version of Kubiak's playbook.

    Until Manning retires he's just hindering Kubiak from being able to fully run his offense and hindering whomever the next QB is from growing in Kubiak's offense.

    Unfortunately I don't feel our next 'franchise' QB is on the roster.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I don't believe we'll win a SB with Peyton either because he can't run but a very 'condensed' version of Kubiak's playbook.

    Until Manning retires he's just hindering Kubiak from being able to fully run his offense and hindering whomever the next QB is from growing in Kubiak's offense.

    Unfortunately I don't feel our next 'franchise' QB is on the roster.
    While I agree with the OP that it is clear that Manning cannot be highly productive after taking every snap in regular season, few seem to remember that Elway had an extended regular season "break" during the last SB season.

    I do not think that we will see a watered down Kubes playbook but one that takes some of the Bootlegs (I miss Plummer) out but one that also refines the usual pass plays. Like with Elway - when his mobility left him - he had to use his brain and was better for it. Peyton has amazing strengths and a level of ability that Kubes has never worked with.

    I hope that the season will try to make Peyton a 3000 yard passer that is fully healthy in December. I'd rather bench him for 4 weeks than (week 11-15) than to see him physically worn down, or giving Brock 10-15 snaps per game.

    We are either going to see a washed out Peyton Manning or some of the best football we have ever seen. It is going to be a Kubes/Manning hybrid and that exites me. As one that really liked what McDaniels was trying to build with Tebow etc. I am still wondering where we would be with a 5th year starting bulldozer that might not have continued to throw like one.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,892
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    While I agree with the OP that it is clear that Manning cannot be highly productive after taking every snap in regular season, few seem to remember that Elway had an extended regular season "break" during the last SB season..
    Our team was a machine then and even when Elway missed games due to injury our backup still could run EVERY play and make every throw in the playbook so our offense never missed a beat. Manning can't do the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    I do not think that we will see a watered down Kubes playbook but one that takes some of the Bootlegs (I miss Plummer) out but one that also refines the usual pass plays. Like with Elway - when his mobility left him - he had to use his brain and was better for it. Peyton has amazing strengths and a level of ability that Kubes has never worked with.
    Why do people insist on comparing Elway's last years to Manning now when Elway still could do everything that Manning can't and never really ever could.

    As I've already said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Big difference in that comparison is Elway was still mobile and could still get out of harms way...Manning can't and rarely ever could.

    Also Elway still had a rocket arm and still could make every throw at any time with zip and accuracy whether it be long, short, or intermediate...Manning can't.

    Manning is just a sitting duck with a weak arm...he's a liability to us now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Our team was a machine then and even when Elway missed games due to injury our backup still could run EVERY play and make every throw in the playbook so our offense never missed a beat. Manning can't do the same.



    Why do people insist on comparing Elway's last years to Manning now when Elway still could do everything that Manning can't and never really ever could.

    As I've already said:
    Manning can't be the backup and make sure there is no skipping a beat when the backup comes in for him? That doesn't make any sense. Elway and Manning are two different QBs, and an injured Manning cannot make all the throws, however, the beginning of the season proved that a healthy Manning can make all the throws.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner13 View Post
    When Brock finally gets his shot, or if it's some other QB, there are going to be a lot of people who suddenly won't know who to blame anymore. Mark that down. 'Nuff said.
    Actually, I bet some of the following will happen:
    Some will blame Elway for picking Osweiler in the first place.
    Some will blame Osweiler for not learning.
    Some will blame Elway for letting go of Manning (if Oz starts)
    Some will blame Manning for not giving Osweiler more opportunities for snaps.

    There will always be blame.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    900
    If you'd predicted this three years ago, it would've been more impressive.

    Even in his prime, Manning always gonna Manning.

    Sometimes my ability to note obvious trends and make predictions from them astounds even me!
    This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,006
    ^ well it seems not all have realized it...like I said it is very simple but APPARENTLY as you can see...many still believe Manning has it..

    I'm not 1000% saying definitely start OZ none of us have seen enough to know which is 100% bad coaching from John Fox...but I'm saying it can't be Manning and that just awful arm he has now

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    893
    These threads are made every year. Wait to see what they have in store. It's like a bottle of drama that is going to fill up considerably when you have NO Knowledge of the plan going forward.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,006
    Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    These threads are made every year. Wait to see what they have in store. It's like a bottle of drama that is going to fill up considerably when you have NO Knowledge of the plan going forward.
    ^ How do you figure any of that? I'm saying Manning can't throw anymore....you agree or you don't

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •