Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Look this thread is pointless. If Manning comes back we already have the talent to make another playoff run. If we end up with someone like Wade Phillips as our DC (completely possible, he has ties to Kubiak) We could end up with a great defense...If Trent Dilfer can win a Superbowl so can Manning with the right defense and a good run game (ZBS anyone?) I
    I would be ecstatic of we landed Wade.

Outstanding DC. Meh, HC ..but a great defensive mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mora View Post
    If you had to pick, which guy do you want right now?
    Manning.

No QB available is better.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Arguing each others opinion is kinda pointless when the obvious is staring us straight in the face.

Our chance to win the Super Bowl last year blew up in our face from the very first snap of the ball. And to even over come that, we did not show up which I blame on the coaching staff and game plan.

Green Bay just suffered the same feat by poor game planning at the end in last Sunday's game against Seattle.

This year...we were one and done even with a bye. Peyton was hurt and we get that, but our entire approach to the game was poor, uncalled for and rather hard to watch.

So point being...... Make it to the Super Bowl and lose badly.

This year..... didn't fight hard enough and/or be exposed offensively with game planning.

Next year? If Manning returns, then let's hope we can at least make the playoffs?

Can't help but feel we are regressing and not progressing. Give Manning another shot if he's willing? Absolutely with a new coach and new atmosphere.
    Cant be said much better than that.

And that is why, we have a new HC.

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    I think we will make it back to the playoffs as long as Manning returns for a year. Each year we have had him we have gotten to the playoffs inspite of the uninspired game plans (or lack thereof). Foxes game plan was to let our stars shine in the game plan he used for every team we played and we still managed to get to the playoffs. I don't think Kubiak is a miracle worker, but his history says he will have a game plan for each team we face and that is a heck of a lot farther along than where we have been. 13-3, 12-4 is because we are so talented and found ways to win, we should be able to go a step further with someone who has an offensive eye for putting together a plan. That's a relief!
    As long as Kubes gets a good DC, and lets him do his job while Gary handles the offense?

This team will rock, if thats the case.

Although I will be honest. As highly as I think of Kubiak as an offensive coach, his overall showing as an HC was somewhat underwhelming. That isnt to say I dont think he can get it done, I surely do think he can.

But it is something to keep tabs on.

For those saying we would be blasting any other QB for the way he performed down the stretch and we should no doubt want Brock or whoever else to step in and take Mannings place I say this, the man just finished a season with 12 wins while throwing for 4700 yards and 39 tds. I don't think we should be marching in the streets picketing for his release. Just think about this scenario, if Brock Osweiler threw for 4,276 yds with 31 tds and 14 ints with a 63% completion and went 11-5 as the Denver QB but lost in a wildcard game 24-13 to the Ravens would we be wanting his head on a plate immediately afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Blanket24 View Post
    For those saying we would be blasting any other QB for the way he performed down the stretch and we should no doubt want Brock or whoever else to step in and take Mannings place I say this, the man just finished a season with 12 wins while throwing for 4700 yards and 39 tds. I don't think we should be marching in the streets picketing for his release. Just think about this scenario, if Brock Osweiler threw for 4,276 yds with 31 tds and 14 ints with a 63% completion and went 11-5 as the Denver QB but lost in a wildcard game 24-13 to the Ravens would we be wanting his head on a plate immediately afterwards?
    Most fans on here would definitely riot if Oz lost in a wildcard game. Heck most fans here don't even expect Brock to win more than 3 games as they are writing him off after a limited sample size. Poor dude's in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation with most people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Most fans on here would definitely riot if Oz lost in a wildcard game. Heck most fans here don't even expect Brock to win more than 3 games as they are writing him off after a limited sample size. Poor dude's in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation with most people on here.

I absolutely hear you and I am in no way a Manning fan boy, ive been a hardcore fan since Wade Phillips first year as head coach. But my argument is that we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. I mean it could be very easy to go back to the Brian Griese days of 3200 yds, 18 tds and 14 ints with a whopping 8-8 record. I personally have enjoyed the hell out of watching a HOF QB run this team again and dread the thought of going back to the abyss of .500 or below football. sure we may not be winning Super Bowls but I would rather be angry that we didn't get to and or win a Super Bowl than to know we had a snowballs chance in hell of getting to one in the first place.

I think that PM is no longer a QB capable of a play off win. I think his skills are eroding very fast. I hope that he isnt back.... I cant say it enough us finding out what we have in Brock is more important that PM setting any records (including another 1 and done)
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Thread cleaned. Please keep the personal stuff out.

I swear we've had this conversation before. If I could find it, it would be merged.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I don't believe we'll win a SB with Peyton either because he can't run but a very 'condensed' version of Kubiak's playbook.

Until Manning retires he's just hindering Kubiak from being able to fully run his offense and hindering whomever the next QB is from growing in Kubiak's offense.

Unfortunately I don't feel our next 'franchise' QB is on the roster.
    While I agree with the OP that it is clear that Manning cannot be highly productive after taking every snap in regular season, few seem to remember that Elway had an extended regular season "break" during the last SB season.

I do not think that we will see a watered down Kubes playbook but one that takes some of the Bootlegs (I miss Plummer) out but one that also refines the usual pass plays. Like with Elway - when his mobility left him - he had to use his brain and was better for it. Peyton has amazing strengths and a level of ability that Kubes has never worked with.

I hope that the season will try to make Peyton a 3000 yard passer that is fully healthy in December. I'd rather bench him for 4 weeks than (week 11-15) than to see him physically worn down, or giving Brock 10-15 snaps per game.

We are either going to see a washed out Peyton Manning or some of the best football we have ever seen. It is going to be a Kubes/Manning hybrid and that exites me. As one that really liked what McDaniels was trying to build with Tebow etc. I am still wondering where we would be with a 5th year starting bulldozer that might not have continued to throw like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mora View Post
    Russell Wilson could have been drafted by you guys.
    Wilson came out the same year Manning signed with the Broncos. If the Broncos had drafted him, he would be the back up and we wouldn't know what he is capable of.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    And Tom Brady could have been drafted by any team in the league for 6 rounds.

Your point is...what exactly?
    I got asked the question. I'm just answering it. So there's no other point to it than that.

I think we will have a better chance of winning a SB next season with a healthy Manning than without him. Manning is very bright and can pickup the new offense plenty fast but still needs a OL to protect him, a defense to stop the other team and a running game. I think we solved a lot of problems just getting rid of Fox and his DC. They were both too conservative, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    While I agree with the OP that it is clear that Manning cannot be highly productive after taking every snap in regular season, few seem to remember that Elway had an extended regular season "break" during the last SB season..
    Our team was a machine then and even when Elway missed games due to injury our backup still could run EVERY play and make every throw in the playbook so our offense never missed a beat. Manning can't do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    I do not think that we will see a watered down Kubes playbook but one that takes some of the Bootlegs (I miss Plummer) out but one that also refines the usual pass plays. Like with Elway - when his mobility left him - he had to use his brain and was better for it. Peyton has amazing strengths and a level of ability that Kubes has never worked with.
    Why do people insist on comparing Elway's last years to Manning now when Elway still could do everything that Manning can't and never really ever could.

As I've already said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Big difference in that comparison is Elway was still mobile and could still get out of harms way...Manning can't and rarely ever could.

Also Elway still had a rocket arm and still could make every throw at any time with zip and accuracy whether it be long, short, or intermediate...Manning can't.

Manning is just a sitting duck with a weak arm...he's a liability to us now.

Sounds like Peyton Manning will be back in 2015. If so, he will be working with offensive coaches more experienced than Mike McCoy and Adam Gase.

Gary Kubiak learned Bill Walsh's WCO in San Francisco. It will be interesting to see if any of those concepts are adapted to the offense this year. One of Walsh's innovations was the script which is a powerful tool in the WCO.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus