Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    manning is great and it is hard to see him go out this way but I refuse to sugar coat anything and although I get flamed alot for stating the obvious and it is obvious folks. Manning will come out strong the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season looking good only to yield the same disappointing result toward season s end.

I love Peyton but I agree with the OP.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-20-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    Even last season, he was going through short stretches where he just looked old out there. It wasn't until the second half of this season that it was turning into a regular, every week thing. It's been building for awhile, and it's not likely to get any better next year.

Also, once a quarterback starts playing out-of-his-mind scared, it's hard to pull them back from that brink. Manning is playing skittish and eratic even when he has plenty of time, now.
    Exactly...people blaming the injury crack me up...he wasn't injured in the Rams game...he's BEEN old...now it's just un-manageable

I believe it's premature to say Manning has lost his edge and is done. He isn't as mobile, I agree but that just demands more from the offensive line to give him a comfort zone he can get used to. Our O-Line has been hit or miss and non-existent a lot of this year and at times last year. We saw what a bad O-line did to Brady against the Chiefs, but they corrected a lot more of their errors. Denver has been continuously struggling.

Give Peyton an O-LINE that can perform and you'll get a comfortable Manning that can deliver the package.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Exactly...people blaming the injury crack me up...he wasn't injured in the Rams game...he's BEEN old...now it's just un-manageable
    We were dominated as a team during that game. I believe if one chooses to only focus on one thing instead of exercising analytical abilities to address all aspects surrounding it, they will only ever see one thing. The performance of a QB is more than just the QB.

Manning has won big games, playoff games and a Superbowl with MVP honors to boot, and he had a record year in 2013.

In 2014 we reconfigured the O-line and they couldn't pass protect, we changed the offense midseason, and he played with a nagging injury.

I'd like to see him play without these problems before declaring him washed up, decrepit and banishing him to the old folks home. It was only one season removed from his 2013 performance.

Kubiak just stated that he could adapt the offense "easily" if Manning chooses to stay. We're on wait and see mode to find out if Manning retires, how he will perform if he doesn't, and how Kubiak remolds the offense. Obviously Elway and the FO think Manning is still a potential asset and not a liability as people around here suggest. Can't you all trust his judgement on this matter?

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Manning has won big games, playoff games and a Superbowl with MVP honors to boot, and he had a record year in 2013.

In 2014 we reconfigured the O-line and they couldn't pass protect, we changed the offense midseason, and he played with a nagging injury.

I'd like to see him play without these problems before declaring him washed up, decrepit and banishing him to the old folks home. It was only one season removed from his 2013 performance.

Kubiak just stated that he could adapt the offense "easily" if Manning chooses to stay. We're on wait and see mode to find out if Manning retires, how he will perform if he doesn't, and how Kubiak remolds the offense. Obviously Elway and the FO think Manning is still a potential asset and not a liability as people around here suggest. Can't you all trust his judgement on this matter?
    I think Elway is afraid to cut him.

I'm sure the same was said about Elway prior to us getting one. Lets see what magic Kubiak can work first.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    We were dominated as a team during that game. I believe if one chooses to only focus on one thing instead of exercising analytical abilities to address all aspects surrounding it, they will only ever see one thing. The performance of a QB is more than just the QB.
    i saw him throw MULTIPLE wobbly passes in CRITICAL situations to Jacob Tamme being covered by Ogletree instead of Demaryius who was matched up on a CB....That was the start of the bad decisions that also were coming along more frequently as the year progressed

I'm just saying ...I cringe thinking about Peyton throwing deep crosses and deep routes and deep outside comebacks off of play-action where he may actually fall down turning around anyway...as to where I can see Brock looking much more natural in Kubiak's zone run, PA scheme
    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 01-20-2015 at 01:33 PM.

_____, well one thing about it, without Manning the last 3 years you probably wouldn't have lost in the playoffs, more than likely you never would have made it to that point of the season. SMDH, how hard is it to see the simple minded game plans we have had in the playoffs for 3 straight years? Oh where oh where has the defense been the last 3 years in the playoffs? Oh why oh why are we always out coached in the playoffs? Bottom line is the team has played like crap every playoff game we have lost, pretty plain to see. I will take Manning over 80% of the QB's in the league right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley22 View Post
    _____, well one thing about it, without Manning the last 3 years you probably wouldn't have lost in the playoffs, more than likely you never would have made it to that point of the season. SMDH, how hard is it to see the simple minded game plans we have had in the playoffs for 3 straight years? Oh where oh where has the defense been the last 3 years in the playoffs? Oh why oh why are we always out coached in the playoffs? Bottom line is the team has played like crap every playoff game we have lost, pretty plain to see. I will take Manning over 80% of the QB's in the league right now.
    Because the team didn't make the playoffs and beat the Steelers the year before with TEBOW

I LOVEEEE how people paint the picture both ways on that....Tebow had an elite unit around him and that's why his run was not credible.....but Manning makes the Broncos it's a damn joke....look at our roster it is stacked through the roof....Manning gets way too much credit

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    I believe it's premature to say Manning has lost his edge and is done. He isn't as mobile, I agree but that just demands more from the offensive line to give him a comfort zone he can get used to. Our O-Line has been hit or miss and non-existent a lot of this year and at times last year. We saw what a bad O-line did to Brady against the Chiefs, but they corrected a lot more of their errors. Denver has been continuously struggling.

Give Peyton an O-LINE that can perform and you'll get a comfortable Manning that can deliver the package.
    The O-line was not dominant...but still gave up the least amount of sacks. It would be nice if every QB had more time...but that's not really a reality in the NFL. The reality is our QB can't help his O-line like most QB's. You can rush A. Luck but you better not break contain because he can hurt you by running or moving a bit and throwing dart on the run. Our QB isn't going to move from his spot, if he feels pressure he may not even try to escape it. Of the few sacks we gave up a few were when Peyton just fell down rather than attempt to make a play. Rushers can do whatever they want in rushing PM because he's not moving and we know we can't try to move him.

The fact is teams are not wondering how Manning will beat them. They are saying can you beat us Peyton if we take away the inside passing lanes. Will you try to throw outside on us or over the top? Either of those throws are fine with them because they know the pass won't be a bullet. It'll be a looping throw and they'll have a shot at the ball anyway.

I don't think we can't win with Manning at QB, but it has to be on the sholders of defense and running game. When Manning won his SB, the Indy D was playing lights out in the playoffs.

My point would be the 15M we don't pay Manning would give us a better shot at winning a SB by spreading that money around on D and OL.

These threads are always hilarious to read. People citing crazy stats just to prove their point and completely ignoring everything else that doesn't fit.

If manning wants to come back and is healthy enough to do so I'd welcome him back gladly over any qb in the league not named Rodgers, Luck or Brady.

People talking about last year and peyton dropping off at the end of the year towards the super bowl ... what games were you watching? The man threw for 55 touch downs while not even playing 16 full games. And in the playoffs we beat some very good teams to get to the super bowl. How we lost the super bowl. If you honestly want to put that game on manning you need to rethink how a football team works. Did manning snap the ball over his own head first play of the game? Did he not block anyone all game for himself?

As for this year, he still was atop the league in td throws with a broken offensive line and a late season injury that should have kept him out of some games but didn't. And oh yeah while manning was struggling mightily down the stretch we still went 5-1.

People want to say he's done, go for it. We will all find out by March 9th if he's coming back and if he is, I'll be rooting for him and the broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It is a prophetic attempt to say " ... end of story." about a story that has yet to be told. Manning may announce his retirement in the next month. That would end the story. If he plays in 2015, the story has yet to end. "It ain't over 'til it's over." ~ Yogi Berra
    Or...Favre, the never ending story! I guess that ended too.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Because the team didn't make the playoffs and beat the Steelers the year before with TEBOW

I LOVEEEE how people paint the picture both ways on that....Tebow had an elite unit around him and that's why his run was not credible.....but Manning makes the Broncos it's a damn joke....look at our roster it is stacked through the roof....Manning gets way too much credit
    how many times can you count on a team going 8 - 8 to make the playoffs ? You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't have a coach who is able to utilize the talent you have, then you don't have a very good football team now do you? Manning sure as hell is a lot better QB than what john fox was a HC and what Del rio was a DC that is for damn sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]