Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 254
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,936
    Maybe you all were not watching the same games that I was. I saw Manning come from under center and run backwards and even move around a bit. Granted he never moved around like Russell Wilson nor should he, but he can move when needed. His arm is fine, his accuracy was off because of the quad injury as he was not able to plant and launch off of that leg. It is all going to depend on Manning, if he wants to come in and learn a new system. He should not have to throw the ball more than 20 times a game as Kubes likes to run the ball.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,804
    Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    Trent dilfer won a duper bowl so did brad johnson and eli manning won 2... i would take manning now over any of those at the time when they won.

    The difference is not that manning can't win a super bowl but rather now it can't all be about him now because of his age and declining ability.

    People are too quick to throw manning under the bus for this season when it fact the playoff loss falls on the shoulders of many people not just manning.

    Overall i think the problem was the coaching staff and not totally manning.

    In the end if manning comes back i will be happy to give him one more shot to win it all and if he decides to retire then i will be happy to move on.
    When our defense becomes even better then Sea Def then we can start throwing around names like Dilfer and a QB of that level being able to win a Ring

    Ya real average, maybe below average, QBs have won a Super Bowl but their defense was one of the best all time.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    793
    There's another reason why Denver's chances of winning a Super Bowl with Manning on the team are significantly hindered and that's Manning's contract.

    No team in the salary cap era has ever won a Super Bowl spending as much as Denver does on a single player. Steve Young was the closest (13.1%) when the 49ers won the SB in '94. The last few teams to win the Super Bowl, including the Colts when Manning was still there, have averaged about 9%. Manning's contract currently sucks up over 15% of Denver's cap space.

    This reality becomes even more stark when you count the fact that Denver's top five players (in salary cap hit) consume over 43% of the Broncos' salary. No SB Champion in recent memory has broken 37% (though, if you go further back, the Bucs of '02 were about 39%).

    Why is this important? Because as so many of you (and analysts, and coaches, and players) have pointed out, winning a SB is a team effort. It's hard to put a good team together when you have a small percentage of your team sucking up so much of the cap space.

    Without restructuring Manning's contract, or dumping it altogether, this team will continue to be short the pieces it needs to win a title game. And, let's be honest here, unless you're the San Antonio Spurs you probably can't just convince all of your players to take a cut "for the good of the team." Even Brady's recent "restructuring" was to make himself more money in the long run.

    To be clear, I'm not advocating for dumping Manning. I think Denver has a better chance with him than without him. His contract, on the other hand, not so much...

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    391
    lol this is like the third or fourth thread with the same narrative.

    I really am confused, the broncos fans on this board cheer in elway we trust,

    elway clearly says he is behind manning, for 10 days the fan base questions who the QB will be,

    i just wanted to post this okay:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Zqct1-kH4


    skip to the 4:30 its the seahawks vs broncos in seattle 2014,

    manning looked decent enough to deliever this throw

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by SinePari View Post
    There's another reason why Denver's chances of winning a Super Bowl with Manning on the team are significantly hindered and that's Manning's contract.

    No team in the salary cap era has ever won a Super Bowl spending as much as Denver does on a single player. Steve Young was the closest (13.1%) when the 49ers won the SB in '94. The last few teams to win the Super Bowl, including the Colts when Manning was still there, have averaged about 9%. Manning's contract currently sucks up over 15% of Denver's cap space.

    This reality becomes even more stark when you count the fact that Denver's top five players (in salary cap hit) consume over 43% of the Broncos' salary. No SB Champion in recent memory has broken 37% (though, if you go further back, the Bucs of '02 were about 39%).

    Why is this important? Because as so many of you (and analysts, and coaches, and players) have pointed out, winning a SB is a team effort. It's hard to put a good team together when you have a small percentage of your team sucking up so much of the cap space.

    Without restructuring Manning's contract, or dumping it altogether, this team will continue to be short the pieces it needs to win a title game. And, let's be honest here, unless you're the San Antonio Spurs you probably can't just convince all of your players to take a cut "for the good of the team." Even Brady's recent "restructuring" was to make himself more money in the long run.

    To be clear, I'm not advocating for dumping Manning. I think Denver has a better chance with him than without him. His contract, on the other hand, not so much...


    I agree with you in regards to the contract, ive seen the pattern with brady being a 7th rd pick and now wilson being a 3rd pick,

    cannot speculate why the salary is at 19 mill, i mean, no one complained last year prior to the SB about this salary,

    I dont think he is even top 3 QB in terms of $$ if not he wont be after luck and wilson get theirs

    but at this point, that is all dependent on the draft, or 1 year of OZ

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Manning2BayBay View Post
    lol this is like the third or fourth thread with the same narrative.

    I really am confused, the broncos fans on this board cheer in elway we trust,

    elway clearly says he is behind manning, for 10 days the fan base questions who the QB will be,

    i just wanted to post this okay:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Zqct1-kH4


    skip to the 4:30 its the seahawks vs broncos in seattle 2014,

    manning looked decent enough to deliever this throw
    Yeah, if we can just get all teams to play prevent all game he'd be great!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,609
    Oz will make Ryan Leaf look like an All Pro.

    Would rather ride or die with the sheriff

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley22 View Post
    how many times can you count on a team going 8 - 8 to make the playoffs ? You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't have a coach who is able to utilize the talent you have, then you don't have a very good football team now do you? Manning sure as hell is a lot better QB than what john fox was a HC and what Del rio was a DC that is for damn sure.
    that team started 2-5 with sad old Orton loser...him and Fox ofcourse were perfect together

    Teebs went 6-3

    But I do agree that coaching was worse than Manning

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,006
    Dude how the hell does Brady's deal get him MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN???

    He slashed his salary to 13mil/yr for his team to get better

    That's a gamer, that's a leader....not the humming boy we got doing commercials all day

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Dude how the hell does Brady's deal get him MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN???

    He slashed his salary to 13mil/yr for his team to get better

    That's a gamer, that's a leader....not the humming boy we got doing commercials all day
    Have we ever even asked Peyton to take a pay cut? This is his first contract with the broncos. Comparing him to Brady who has been with the patriots for his entire career doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    195
    It's amusing to watch a fanbase turn on a player that helped lead them to a 38-10 record, 3 playoffs, and a SB in 3 years. And is done and can't throw anymore after passing for almost 40 TDS and over 4000 yards.

    And this after the franchise went 44-52 the previous 6 years.

    But sure, Peyton manning is the reason the Broncos can't win a SB.
    Last edited by govolsman; 01-20-2015 at 02:40 PM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by govolsman View Post
    It's amusing to watch a fanbase turn on a player that helped lead them to a 38-10 record, 3 playoffs, and a SB in 3 years. And is done and can't throw anymore after passing for almost 40 TDS and over 4000 yards.

    And this after going 44-52 the previous 6 years.

    But sure, Peyton manning is the reason the Broncos can't win a SB.
    But he is, cuz he plays defense, offensive line and special teams. Or haven't you been watching?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,609
    Quote Originally Posted by govolsman View Post
    It's amusing to watch a fanbase turn on a player that helped lead them to a 38-10 record, 3 playoffs, and a SB in 3 years. And is done and can't throw anymore after passing for almost 40 TDS and over 4000 yards.

    And this after the franchise went 44-52 the previous 6 years.

    But sure, Peyton manning is the reason the Broncos can't win a SB.
    Its the same fan base that kicked the snake to the curb after losing the championship game in 05

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,006
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoJuice View Post
    Have we ever even asked Peyton to take a pay cut? This is his first contract with the broncos. Comparing him to Brady who has been with the patriots for his entire career doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    I guess 20mil a year for 10 years counts differently when you play for Colts

    It's about winning

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Dude how the hell does Brady's deal get him MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN???

    He slashed his salary to 13mil/yr for his team to get better

    That's a gamer, that's a leader....not the humming boy we got doing commercials all day
    Before all the cursing and flipping out, perhaps we should assess what Brady actually did:

    1) he didn't take a paycut; he simply restructured his contract to free up cash flow (moving money from one guarantee clause to another)

    2) in exchange, Brady will receive a $1 million pay increase in each of the remaining three years of his current deal

    So...yes. More money in the long run.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •