Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinePari View Post

To be clear, I'm not advocating for dumping Manning. I think Denver has a better chance with him than without him. His contract, on the other hand, not so much...
    Wouldnt we love to know Elway's true mind on this. I think you're hitting on something especially as I just read this tweet:

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi 2h 2 hours ago

Elway asked again about Manning. He emphasizes the rest of the roster. More to a team than Manning. Thought that was pretty telling.

-----------

The way Elway deflected the question to say there's "52 other guys we gotta worry about not just one" would seem to beg the question -how we gonna pay for all this!?

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Wouldnt we love to know Elway's true mind on this. I think you're hitting on something especially as I just read this tweet:

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi 2h 2 hours ago

Elway asked again about Manning. He emphasizes the rest of the roster. More to a team than Manning. Thought that was pretty telling.

-----------

The way Elway deflected the question to say there's "52 other guys we gotta worry about not just one" would seem to beg the question -how we gonna pay for all this!?
    With fire and passion, we'll go down kicking and screaming!

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    And the reason is so damn simple I'm just shocked so many refuse to believe what their eyes are clearly showing them....Peyton Manning does not have an adequate NFL arm anymore....

How can we run bootlegs or PA when the QB literally cannot get the ball where we need him to? Think about it from a CB's standpoint playing against Manning...are you even going to protect a 15 yard out route? Hell no, because if anything you want him to throw that because you should be able to beat his ball there...you are just going to jump everything inside and play extremely aggressive because Manning just simply can't throw that far with any velocity...it's not his fault...it's just his arm is so done...all we could do was shorter routes and inside routes...and when we're at home with the thin air, he can go deep a tad bit better...on the road this year...I couldn't stand watching Manning..

As we saw this year in Rams game, Pats game, Bengals game, Colts game....it's finally been figured out by the entire NFL...and nobody is going to play us any other way anymore because why would you? It also doesn't help that he's literally the most unathletic player I've ever seen on an NFL field...allows dlineman to be fully aggressive and not worry a smoot about maintaining their gaps or containing...it's always pedal to the metal for the QB which is insanely tough to consistently protect

If you can't even bring the threat of the deep ball and being able to throw outside the numbers...you're going to be a turnover machine...and that's what Manning became

It is THAT simple...he aged 10 years in one month, it's over

Now imo, there is no question I'm rolling into next year with Brock as my starter (unless Elway has seen firsthand that this kid just does not have it) but I have read all about how Os spends more time in the building than ANYONE on our roster including Peyton Manning....the kid should've learned some stuff by now and if he can't do it when given the perfect opportunity to this point with a great team (better situation than A-Rod)...then he never will

So we need to find out if he has it or not...because there is zero reason to waste another year, having everyone age another year...when there is no way Manning will be able to throw the ball for DAMN SURE come another December/Jan....

So unless Elway is positive Brock doesn't have it (which is how it seems with them never letting the dude get a damn snap...and that's some ridiculous crap from Manning too, he should be better than that)...but we need to see SOMEBODY else under center next year...I cannot take another season watching that man try to throw a football that he just can't anymore....

With that said...we have an elite team still and a very good coach with a great scheme (hopefully we get an aggressive D coordinator to go along with it) we could win the damn SB next year with the right QB...could've won the last two years if Manning's arm didn't die both times...but anyhow, imo it's not even close to a "rebuild" we just need a QB who can still keep defenses honest

Good to post again, been awhile..
    There is no way possible I could ever disagree with you!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    It certainly could be...neither injury came on a hit. Both came when he had to move his feet. Let's just say if this happened to a young guy it's pretty much a fluke, but an older guy is a shift from less of a fluke and points more towards age.
    IIRC, he got injured in the SD game trying to block the defender. He got hit. Saying neither injury came on a hit is just not so.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Dude how the hell does Brady's deal get him MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN???

He slashed his salary to 13mil/yr for his team to get better

That's a gamer, that's a leader....not the humming boy we got doing commercials all day

Brady, 37, doesn't give away any salary in the restructure. In fact, Brady will get a raise of $1 million annually.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...m-annual-raise

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    Yeah, if we can just get all teams to play prevent all game he'd be great!

the point was to show the pocket movement of manning

i feel half the fans on here purposely miss the objective valid points , instead of eliciting arguments from an emotional state

Quote Originally Posted by govolsman View Post
    It's amusing to watch a fanbase turn on a player that helped lead them to a 38-10 record, 3 playoffs, and a SB in 3 years. And is done and can't throw anymore after passing for almost 40 TDS and over 4000 yards.

And this after the franchise went 44-52 the previous 6 years.

But sure, Peyton manning is the reason the Broncos can't win a SB.
    Well, I can't speak for everyone obviously, but here's what I saw.

We had just turned the corner on the McD fiasco, and dumped the Sloth Pocket Orton. We managed to save a season and squeak into the playoffs, and even won a game, in dramatic fashion. The team was fired up and looking to improve. (with or without Tebow)

But Elway didn't like that. He decided to woo Manning, bring him here, start bringing in a bunch of old vet F.A.s, and turn us into the Denver Colts. We stopped the development of the team, and turned into a mercenary buy-a-super-bowl team. (with one of the most notorious playoff chokers in all of sports, ironically...)

The price for hi-jacking a team should be super bowl or bust, not just fancy stat padding. We've been the Colts reincarnated for the past 3 years, and now we're back to square one, as a team that needs to find a new identity, and new coach, and a new quarterback. If we miss on any one of those requirements, we're in for several years of hurt.

Plan A has failed. We could move on to Plan B, but, uh... oops... There is no Plan B.
    This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    He got injured in the SD game trying to block the defender. He got hit. Saying neither injury came on a hit is just not so.
    Some SI guy found the play in which he though he got injured. Just going off what he said after watching film. He identified the play. For the record this guy thinks Manning has plenty left.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/14/peyton...tire-injuries/

Quote Originally Posted by Manning2BayBay View Post
    the point was to show the pocket movement of manning

i feel half the fans on here purposely miss the objective valid points , instead of eliciting arguments from an emotional state
    I have no doubt a well rested PM on a good day can escape a three man rush and beat a prevent D. I don't think after a few weeks into the season we'll have a well rested PM for the rest of the season. His legs and body will wear down, it's age. Others think he can come back and be fine, I tend to think at nearly 40 year old coming back and being fine is harder every day.

Some people think he can play a more limited role but then there are some that say he needs a rhythm. If you sum it all up it's a bunch of people making excuses to fit their opinion. If a bunch of people are making excuses it should lead you to one overall fact and that's the a fully operational Peyton didn't need excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post

We had just turned the corner on the McD fiasco, and dumped the Sloth Pocket Orton. We managed to save a season and squeak into the playoffs, and even won a game, in dramatic fashion. The team was fired up and looking to improve. (with or without Tebow)

But Elway didn't like that. He decided to woo Manning, bring him here, start bringing in a bunch of old vet F.A.s, and turn us into the Denver Colts. We stopped the development of the team, and turned into a mercenary buy-a-super-bowl team. (with one of the most notorious playoff chokers in all of sports, ironically...)

The price for hi-jacking a team should be super bowl or bust, not just fancy stat padding. We've been the Colts reincarnated for the past 3 years, and now we're back to square one, as a team that needs to find a new identity, and new coach, and a new quarterback. If we miss on any one of those requirements, we're in for several years of hurt.

Plan A has failed. We could move on to Plan B, but, uh... oops... There is no Plan B.
    good post.......

The stats don't exactly line up with the whole arm strength argument. In 2014, Manning was 28 of 56 (50%) on passes over 20 yards in the air. By comparison, Brady was 12 of 48 (25% ) on passes over 20 yards in the air, and Flacco, even with his big arm, was 17 of 55 (31%) on those passes.

There are definitely concerns with Manning's performances late in the year, but you can't simply ignore the facts either. Manning hit half of his long passes, which is a stellar number on those low percentage throws.

I agree that this team's chances for winning a SB with Manning are slim to none. My reasons, however, are different.

Before this team signed Manning, I stated several times that they IMHO were way more than "1 player away." I also stated that he wouldn't give the Broncos a discount vs what he was due in Indy which would hinder the cap. Which has been true. I couldn't forsee Elway's ability to land huge FA's at team/cap friendly deals which helped the "1 player" away problem. It just wasn't enough. In the end, the team was forced to look at cheaper options for too long where it mattered-the offensive line. Manny Ramirez is and has been complete and udder garbage the entire time he has been here. JD Walton was a waste, too. We brought in 1 year guys like Koppen, Justice, Cornick, et al. and it killed them.

Lastly, the mistake was thinking Manning would be someone different in Denver because he was in Denver! He has shown that "he is who we thought he was!" Meaning, he is the guy who will get you to the PO's every year but his odds of being one and done are greater than getting you to the SB. He is here who he was in Indy!

I believe that Manning is the same here as he was in Indy because of Manning. He commands to much control. Instead of being another of the 11 guys on Offense, he has powers and controls unseen in this league. Look no further than Elway giving him a say on the coaching search! Who does that? Take the gloves off and treat him like any other player! Tell him to run the play called. Trust the coaches and the game plan. If this team wants to go fast, as Gase did, then make him go fast. Enough of the gyrations and snapping the ball with 1 second left. Because. personally, I believe teams have figured out they can show Manning something to get him to audible to a formation they see and like better. If nothing else, the D gets time to breathe and catch up. I could go on but I still feel this team is a couple of pieces away and that 20 million a year sure hamstrings them a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post

Sure. Denver had turned the corner...by lucking into a playoff birth as an 8-8 team. Too bad we didn't have the same luck, or defense, in Manning's first year when he had us up in the playoffs and Baltimore needed no less than a TD with no timeouts and a minute on the clock, 77 yards from the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    The stats don't exactly line up with the whole arm strength argument. In 2014, Manning was 28 of 56 (50%) on passes over 20 yards in the air. By comparison, Brady was 12 of 48 (25% ) on passes over 20 yards in the air, and Flacco, even with his big arm, was 17 of 55 (31%) on those passes.

There are definitely concerns with Manning's performances late in the year, but you can't simply ignore the facts either. Manning hit half of his long passes, which is a stellar number on those low percentage throws.
    No no no, don't bring any stats into the argument, only conjecture and speculation around these parts!

Quote Originally Posted by govolsman View Post

Sure. Denver had turned the corner...by lucking into a playoff birth as an 8-8 team. Too bad we didn't have the same luck, or defense, in Manning's first year when he had us up in the playoffs and Baltimore needed no less than a TD with no timeouts and a minute on the clock, 77 yards from the end zone.
    No no no, that loss is totally on manning, he plays safety when he's not in at qb, or didn't you watch the game?