Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I have no doubt a well rested PM on a good day can escape a three man rush and beat a prevent D. I don't think after a few weeks into the season we'll have a well rested PM for the rest of the season. His legs and body will wear down, it's age. Others think he can come back and be fine, I tend to think at nearly 40 year old coming back and being fine is harder every day.

Some people think he can play a more limited role but then there are some that say he needs a rhythm. If you sum it all up it's a bunch of people making excuses to fit their opinion. If a bunch of people are making excuses it should lead you to one overall fact and that's the a fully operational Peyton didn't need excuses.

you forget the bye week was in week 4, man, this should not happen again in back to back seasons,

meaning, a bye during the later part of the season instead of the early part and

if there is a top1/2 finish-- the same bye week like this time this year, meaning more days during the last 60 days of the season
    so better chance of remaining healthy , but nothing is ever certain -right

yes he looked terrible, trust me, i drove 8 hours to watch the cinci game, and even than he made some beauty throws,

2 that were called back, that were over 30 yards!!

its like if its not in the actual play game and gets negated by a non call flag, they forget the QB still made the throw, and the catch was made 2

i know he is 38 or whatever, but the last two season QB in the SB

were 1 young and 1 old

i know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but ill put it all with Elway, he played the game, understands it at a level most of us cannot,

so if he comfortable or not shook by an older manning than you know i d relax as well
    Last edited by Manning2BayBay; 01-20-2015 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    The stats don't exactly line up with the whole arm strength argument. In 2014, Manning was 28 of 56 (50%) on passes over 20 yards in the air. By comparison, Brady was 12 of 48 (25% ) on passes over 20 yards in the air, and Flacco, even with his big arm, was 17 of 55 (31%) on those passes.

There are definitely concerns with Manning's performances late in the year, but you can't simply ignore the facts either. Manning hit half of his long passes, which is a stellar number on those low percentage throws.
    Good post but it will be ignored because people need a reason why the Broncos lost and need someone to blame, and Manning is the guy to blame because he was playing hurt. It makes more sense to them to say that Manning's drop off came so suddenly because he is all of a sudden unable to throw as opposed to playing hurt and it affected his passes.

Seems to me the anger should be pointed towards a coaching staff that thought they had no other options but to pass and refused to adjust against a team that got ripped the very next weekend on the ground.

He still gives us the best chance to win. I never seen a guy take so much grief. Can't we appreciate what he brought to this team in such a short time. We got to a Superbowl in 2 years. It's not all his fault we haven't had the best coaching, finesse offense, predictable defensive calls. If healthy, he's still our best shot. We can win with him. Look at Seattle. Wilson had 4 picks in a playoff game and won. It was a team effort where others stepped up. No one steps up when Manning has a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoJuice View Post
    No no no, that loss is totally on manning, he plays safety when he's not in at qb, or didn't you watch the game?
    He certainly didn't win that game on his final drive. It's not the best game to bring up to make a case that the organization failed Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    And the reason is so damn simple I'm just shocked so many refuse to believe what their eyes are clearly showing them....Peyton Manning does not have an adequate NFL arm anymore....

How can we run bootlegs or PA when the QB literally cannot get the ball where we need him to? Think about it from a CB's standpoint playing against Manning...are you even going to protect a 15 yard out route? Hell no, because if anything you want him to throw that because you should be able to beat his ball there...you are just going to jump everything inside and play extremely aggressive because Manning just simply can't throw that far with any velocity...it's not his fault...it's just his arm is so done...all we could do was shorter routes and inside routes...and when we're at home with the thin air, he can go deep a tad bit better...on the road this year...I couldn't stand watching Manning..

As we saw this year in Rams game, Pats game, Bengals game, Colts game....it's finally been figured out by the entire NFL...and nobody is going to play us any other way anymore because why would you? It also doesn't help that he's literally the most unathletic player I've ever seen on an NFL field...allows dlineman to be fully aggressive and not worry a smoot about maintaining their gaps or containing...it's always pedal to the metal for the QB which is insanely tough to consistently protect

If you can't even bring the threat of the deep ball and being able to throw outside the numbers...you're going to be a turnover machine...and that's what Manning became

It is THAT simple...he aged 10 years in one month, it's over

Now imo, there is no question I'm rolling into next year with Brock as my starter (unless Elway has seen firsthand that this kid just does not have it) but I have read all about how Os spends more time in the building than ANYONE on our roster including Peyton Manning....the kid should've learned some stuff by now and if he can't do it when given the perfect opportunity to this point with a great team (better situation than A-Rod)...then he never will

So we need to find out if he has it or not...because there is zero reason to waste another year, having everyone age another year...when there is no way Manning will be able to throw the ball for DAMN SURE come another December/Jan....

So unless Elway is positive Brock doesn't have it (which is how it seems with them never letting the dude get a damn snap...and that's some ridiculous crap from Manning too, he should be better than that)...but we need to see SOMEBODY else under center next year...I cannot take another season watching that man try to throw a football that he just can't anymore....

With that said...we have an elite team still and a very good coach with a great scheme (hopefully we get an aggressive D coordinator to go along with it) we could win the damn SB next year with the right QB...could've won the last two years if Manning's arm didn't die both times...but anyhow, imo it's not even close to a "rebuild" we just need a QB who can still keep defenses honest

Good to post again, been awhile..
    Disagree .

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Wouldnt we love to know Elway's true mind on this. I think you're hitting on something especially as I just read this tweet:

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi 2h 2 hours ago

Elway asked again about Manning. He emphasizes the rest of the roster. More to a team than Manning. Thought that was pretty telling.

-----------

The way Elway deflected the question to say there's "52 other guys we gotta worry about not just one" would seem to beg the question -how we gonna pay for all this!?
    I think Simmons said it best: Peyton can play championship football for 8-10 games a season now. But his body can't hold up for a 19 game season any more.

Kind of hoping he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mora View Post
    I think Elway is afraid to cut him.
    Based on ....what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    I agree that this team's chances for winning a SB with Manning are slim to none. My reasons, however, are different.

Before this team signed Manning, I stated several times that they IMHO were way more than "1 player away." I also stated that he wouldn't give the Broncos a discount vs what he was due in Indy which would hinder the cap. Which has been true. I couldn't forsee Elway's ability to land huge FA's at team/cap friendly deals which helped the "1 player" away problem. It just wasn't enough. In the end, the team was forced to look at cheaper options for too long where it mattered-the offensive line. Manny Ramirez is and has been complete and udder garbage the entire time he has been here. JD Walton was a waste, too. We brought in 1 year guys like Koppen, Justice, Cornick, et al. and it killed them.

Lastly, the mistake was thinking Manning would be someone different in Denver because he was in Denver! He has shown that "he is who we thought he was!" Meaning, he is the guy who will get you to the PO's every year but his odds of being one and done are greater than getting you to the SB. He is here who he was in Indy!

I believe that Manning is the same here as he was in Indy because of Manning. He commands to much control. Instead of being another of the 11 guys on Offense, he has powers and controls unseen in this league. Look no further than Elway giving him a say on the coaching search! Who does that? Take the gloves off and treat him like any other player! Tell him to run the play called. Trust the coaches and the game plan. If this team wants to go fast, as Gase did, then make him go fast. Enough of the gyrations and snapping the ball with 1 second left. Because. personally, I believe teams have figured out they can show Manning something to get him to audible to a formation they see and like better. If nothing else, the D gets time to breathe and catch up. I could go on but I still feel this team is a couple of pieces away and that 20 million a year sure hamstrings them a bit.
    good post.........

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    Well, I can't speak for everyone obviously, but here's what I saw.

We had just turned the corner on the McD fiasco, and dumped the Sloth Pocket Orton. We managed to save a season and squeak into the playoffs, and even won a game, in dramatic fashion. The team was fired up and looking to improve. (with or without Tebow)

But Elway didn't like that. He decided to woo Manning, bring him here, start bringing in a bunch of old vet F.A.s, and turn us into the Denver Colts. We stopped the development of the team, and turned into a mercenary buy-a-super-bowl team. (with one of the most notorious playoff chokers in all of sports, ironically...)

The price for hi-jacking a team should be super bowl or bust, not just fancy stat padding. We've been the Colts reincarnated for the past 3 years, and now we're back to square one, as a team that needs to find a new identity, and new coach, and a new quarterback. If we miss on any one of those requirements, we're in for several years of hurt.

Plan A has failed. We could move on to Plan B, but, uh... oops... There is no Plan B.
    The problem with your statement is that this isn't an old team, the Broncos were the 12th youngest team in the league at the start of the season, they have only 5 players over the age of 30 currently on the roster (Welker, Ramirez, Montgomery, Manning, and Ware).

By my count 33 of the 53 players on the roster at the end of the year were either drafted (or undrafted) by the Broncos, which means the majority of the team has been a Bronco since their rookie year.

This is a far cry from previous years, where around half the team was over 30. There was also a point that after like 6 years of drafts, DJ Williams was the only drafted player still on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    The O-line was not dominant...but still gave up the least amount of sacks. It would be nice if every QB had more time...but that's not really a reality in the NFL. The reality is our QB can't help his O-line like most QB's. You can rush A. Luck but you better not break contain because he can hurt you by running or moving a bit and throwing dart on the run. Our QB isn't going to move from his spot, if he feels pressure he may not even try to escape it. Of the few sacks we gave up a few were when Peyton just fell down rather than attempt to make a play. Rushers can do whatever they want in rushing PM because he's not moving and we know we can't try to move him.
    In regards to the least amount of sacks, I believe this is where Manning can be criticized for bad play execution by trying to force plays when a sack is imminent instead of throwing it out or taking the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by govolsman View Post
    Good post but it will be ignored because people need a reason why the Broncos lost and need someone to blame, and Manning is the guy to blame because he was playing hurt. It makes more sense to them to say that Manning's drop off came so suddenly because he is all of a sudden unable to throw as opposed to playing hurt and it affected his passes.

Seems to me the anger should be pointed towards a coaching staff that thought they had no other options but to pass and refused to adjust against a team that got ripped the very next weekend on the ground.
    We paid 20M for Peyton to do what he's known for doing, not for some coach to call better plays for him. If Peyton is beginning to break down then the experiment is over and we certainly shouldn't throw 20M at him.

Accept manning is done

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Wouldnt we love to know Elway's true mind on this. I think you're hitting on something especially as I just read this tweet:

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi 2h 2 hours ago

Elway asked again about Manning. He emphasizes the rest of the roster. More to a team than Manning. Thought that was pretty telling.

-----------

The way Elway deflected the question to say there's "52 other guys we gotta worry about not just one" would seem to beg the question -how we gonna pay for all this!?
    What is he supposed to say? That the rest of the team doesnt matter? That he wants Manning back? That he wants him gone?

If he didnt want Manning back, he wouldnt have stated so publicly he wanted him back. Instead, he would have said something like "we'll wait and see, its his decision", not "its his decision, but we really really want him back"

All too often people read things into snippets things that arent there.
    Last edited by MH Stampede; 01-20-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd...

The Super Bowl 50 Jinx has begun! Seriously, you think Manning ALONE won't win us a SB? We shouldn't forget the other players have to do their job, plus we've the return of Gary Kubiak.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    The team was fired up and looking to improve. (with or without Tebow)

But Elway didn't like that.
    He decided to woo Manning, bring him here, start bringing in a bunch of old vet F.A.s, and turn us into the Denver Colts. We stopped the development of the team, and turned into a mercenary buy-a-super-bowl team. (with one of the most notorious playoff chokers in all of sports, ironically...)
    Utterly ridiculous.

Especially the bolded.