Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Paige: Peyton Manning wants to return in 2015 - Pending physical

Paige: Peyton Manning wants to return in 2015
    Douglas Lee Jan 21, 2015 9:39 AM
    Paige: You can expect Peyton Manning to return to Broncos
    www.denverpost.com

According to three trustworthy sources, Manning wants to return to the Broncos, but wont and cant make a final decision until he takes an annual physical examination mandated by his contract. Last year, the test results were learned at the beginning of March. The Broncos have requested that Manning let them know his plans by March 9 the day before teams must exercise their rights on veteran players under contract.
    Per Woody, Manning has many reasons to come back, including the desire for another SB ring, legacy, all-time passing records, and money.

I hope he comes back...I think many Broncos fans have been killing Manning lately...I understand he had a bad game,I understand he should of ran for that first down,but I think he gives us the best chance of winning another Superbowl....

At the same time,Manning needs to understand,we need to run the ball more,in order to make his dreams come true...
    I support Kaepernick 100%

Yep-just got the alert, good news.
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

I'll put this right here on record and hope I'm completely wrong. This won't go well. The football gods gave him some warning last year, gave him an out. He'll heal up, feel good, play well, then the injuries will start to creep up and all this talk about peaking at the right time will be impossible. Manning's peak time is August not January.

If he does come back, do you guys think we should ask him to take less money? Redo his contract because 19 mill is a lot of money to swallow in an offseason in which we need it for all our FA

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    If he does come back, do you guys think we should ask him to take less money? Redo his contract because 19 mill is a lot of money to swallow in an offseason in which we need it for all our FA
    no. he already did once.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    no. he already did once.
    When? I could be wrong but i don't remember denver asking him to take a pay cut

Glad if he is back! Less money, no he has been one of the best QBs in the NFL for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
    Glad if he is back! Less money, no he has been one of the best QBs in the NFL for us.
    he was the best qb in the league when he played for Colts but was still willing to take multiple pay cuts. At this point in his career what a few million dollars less in a season?

Not sure that would be the wisest move financially. Pretty sure this was discussed on another thread but any contract re-negotiation would likely involve having dead cap money after he retires. One of the cap gurus can probably explain or discredit my limited understanding better then I.

I would rather Manning keep his contract and when he retires it clears the books then have financial obligations linger for a couple of years after he is gone. JMO. There could be sound financial reasons to do it.

When? I could be wrong but i don't remember denver asking him to take a pay cut
    it wasn't a paycut, just restructured the contract

Instead of earning $20 million in fully guaranteed base salaries in 2013 and 2014, Manning received a $10 million salary advance and his base salaries in 2013 and 2014 have been lowered to $15 million in each season. The $10 million salary advance is treated like a signing bonus and will be prorated over the next four seasons, reducing Manning's cap number from $20 million to $17.5 million in both 2013 and 2014.

However, the downside to the cap savings the next two seasons is that Manning's cap number will increase by $2.5 million, going from $19 million to $21.5 million, in both 2015 and 2016 as the Broncos will have veered, slightly, from the "pay as you go" approach they had been taking with the 37-year-old quarterback.

Manning plans to come back!

If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

Ughhhhhhhhhh

[url]www.myspace.com/djsimonsez[/url]
    [URL]www.twitter.com/djsimonsez[/URL]