Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donkinator View Post
    Seems like you have to cut and resign the players that you can't restructure. It's curious also that some players refuse to be resigned--Dan Connolly, for example?--and others, which you think you won't sign, take less. It's fun to play with. One possible bug is that if you make an offer for a free agent and he refuses it didn't give me a chance to improve the offer.
    It does, but if the player is already signed after that day you cant improve that offer, I tried very hard to sign Owen Daniels but for some reason he just stood there for 3 days rejecting me over and over till it became cheaper to sign Clay. Then again I only offered Daniels a 1 year agreement which at his age is needed

SIGNED PLAYERS
    DeMaryius Thomas WR
    Jordan Cameron TE
    Virgil Green TE
    Orlando Franklin G
    Nick Hardwick C
    Benjamin Ijalana T
    Stephen Paea DT
    Brian Orakpo OLB
    Brandon Spikes ILB
    Britton Colquitt P
    Chase Daniel QB
    Chris Johnson RB
    Tyson Alualu DT

CUT
    Britton Colquitt P
    Peyton Manning QB
    Montee Ball RB
    Manny Ramirez C
    Brandon McManus K

Schofield and Paradis

Neither Paradis nor Schofield remind of your prototypical power formation linemen. Is there a chance the Elway new before hand that he would be releasing John Fox and going with Kubiac and his zone blocking scheme? How well do Paradis and Schofield fit the ZBS?

I do believe elway wanted to get back to the zbs as that is really what fits all of our rbs best. However I don't think he envisioned getting rid of fox.

Center and Right Tackle are by far our biggest weaknesses on offense. Would be great if the answers to that problem were already on the roster. Although we certainly can't count on a practice squad player and a gamely inactive to solve everything.

They do appear to be better suited for the ZBS based on scouting reports from last season. I hope and expect Schofield to compete for a starting job in training camp and Paradis making an impact would certainly be a pleasant storyline to follow. Some of our best lineman in team history were late picks and underrated players, I seem to remember Tom Nalen spending some time on the practice squad as a rookie. Would be great if either of these guys could follow suit.

Free Agent: John Kuhn FB

is going to test the open market

i for sure would be welcome in bringing him to the broncos

can only help transition to that smash ball football

especially when needing 1 yard

the broncos could hand off kuhn, instead of anderson all the time

and kuhn would be a great upgrade in the pass protection no?

so the broncos could use him, and a combo of a good pass catcher hillman on 3rd down?

the endless possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    Center and Right Tackle are by far our biggest weaknesses on offense. Would be great if the answers to that problem were already on the roster. Although we certainly can't count on a practice squad player and a gamely inactive to solve everything.

They do appear to be better suited for the ZBS based on scouting reports from last season. I hope and expect Schofield to compete for a starting job in training camp and Paradis making an impact would certainly be a pleasant storyline to follow. Some of our best lineman in team history were late picks and underrated players, I seem to remember Tom Nalen spending some time on the practice squad as a rookie. Would be great if either of these guys could follow suit.
    Id love to see Paradis turn out to be the next Tom Nalen what a player he was for us but i think we will be drafting or signing a centre via free agency to compete and most likely start on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    SIGNED PLAYERS
    Name Position
    DeMaryius Thomas WR
    Julius Thomas TE
    Charles Clay TE
    Orlando Franklin G
    Brian De La Puente C
    Terrance Knighton DT
    David Harris ILB
    Kendrick Lewis S

RESTRUCTURED
    Name Position
    Ryan Clady T
    Peyton Manning QB

Cap Space Remaining: 5,722,678

I didnt need to restructure if I didnt want to add Clay... but because of it I still can go after some of the cheaper FA on our roster easily

very intriguing, clay would help blocking immediately and i think he is a diff athlete to Jthomas,

having both may allow Thomas on 1 on 1

What kinds of contracts did you all offer in FA?

If rather see us bring in Henry Hynoski instead. He's much younger at 26 compared to Kuhn who is 32.

I'm wondering what happened to Vonta Leach. The guy was an All-Pro/Pro Bowler in 2012, opening huge holes for his RB, and suddenly he is out of the NFL. Has Father Time caught up to him that fast?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Kuhn is extremely overrated he's not a talented player or physicaly gifted he's just known because he's a fan favorite in GB thats the only reason people know his name.

Hynoski is the FB we need to go after.

A PM led offense doesn't use a FB

This would be a dream come true!

Cap Space Remaining: 8,793,230

SIGNED
    Name Position
    Virgil Green TE
    Rodney Hudson C
    Derek Newton T
    B.J. Raji DE
    Dan Williams DT
    Brian Orakpo OLB