Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BRIGHT FLUORESCENT ORANGE JERSEYS - Jinxed?

Hello all!

I am a Colorado Native of 36 years and LOVE the Orange Crush with all my heart but something has always bothered me since we won our Super Bowls in 1997-98.

We changed the Jersey colors to primarily dark blue with orange highlights and we immediately became successful.

Yes it sounds stupid but hear me out.

We Bronco fans are known for Orange Crush but every time we go to the Super Bowl in primarily Orange jerseys we get beat. Are they jinxed or what?

Think about this: When people go hunting what do they wear?
    BRIGHT FLUORESCENT ORANGE

Do you know why?
    Because you can see this color in the wilderness from literally MILES AWAY.

We know that every edge you can get in the NFL you should take. The caliber of play is that good that the most minute things can decide an entire season. The tip of a finger, the toe of a foot, the air pressure in a ball and yes even the color of your jersey.

With fluorescent orange jerseys the opposing team, especially the opposing QB can see and identify EVERY BRONCO ON THE FIELD out of there peripheral vision at any given time.

THIS IS A HUGE DISADVANTAGE FOR THE BRONCOS BOTH OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVELY.

On Defense you want to blend in and camouflage yourself so the opposing team doesn't know where to block, run or pass the ball. If they see a sea of BRIGHT ORANGE they are going to avoid that area. If the opposing QB can identify a defensive zone scheme he is going to pick it apart because he will be able to identify the zone area by where the BRIGHT ORANGE players are defending. If the opposing QB identifies a man to man coverage he can clearly see who is open by the lack of BRIGHT ORANGE around the open receiver. If the opposing runner sees a lane blocked by a lot of BRIGHT ORANGE he is going to find a different hole and if opposing blockers see a bunch of BRIGHT ORANGE they are going to block those areas for there ball handlers.

If our defense can blend in rather than stand out it can have a HUGE impact on the game.

When Broncos are on offense it is equally damaging for the opposing defense to know where every BRIGHT ORANGE receiver is on the field. It is much harder to sneak away and get open because you become a lone BRIGHT ORANGE spot on the field. Running backs have a harder time mis-directing the D-Line because they cannot blend in with BRIGHT ORANGE jerseys on. You have harder times making check down passes and screen plays because players are ball hawking all the BRIGHT ORANGE on the field and they can quickly identify screens by the mass of BRIGHT ORANGE blockers.

If the offense can blend in they will get open more often, run the ball better and execute short yardage plays better.

The Seahwaks also adopted the dark blue uniform with the fluorescent highlight and they have a great defense, a descnet offense and have had Super Bowl success.

Just like in war it is better to blend in than stand out.
    Blending in gives you the advantage of stealth which is HUGE in the NFL.

It is true it is probably a coincidence that the year we switched to dark blue uniforms with orange highlights we won the Super Bowl and then won it again the next year. I am by no means claiming that was the reason we won. But I am saying that we should take advantage of every legal opportunity we can get no matter how small or minute.

THIS IS A FACT THAT CANNOT BE IGNORED
    BLENDING IN GIVES US A TACTICAL ADVANTAGE WE WOULD BE STUPID NOT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF.

Though I love the Orange Crush and I do like the jerseys, I love winning games and Super Bowls more. Broncos are NOT cheaters and we will not break the rules to win like some teams. We are pure and honest which is why we are the good guys of the NFL. Since we do not cheat we need to take every legal advantage we can get to compete with the cheaters.

Please get this to the coaches so we can go back to blending in, rather than sticking out like sore thumbs. Treat this like war. Guerrilla Warfare, Camouflage and Home Terf has always proven to be advantageous to battles. THIS IS NO DIFFERENT

BRING BACK THE DARK BLUE JERSEYS WITH ORANGE HIGHLIGHTS COACHES!
    TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERY OPPORTUNITY YOU CAN GET TO GET THE EDGE IN THIS COMPETITIVE LEAGUE!

- Mile High Magic Man

Lots of people think they're jinxed and you can't help but wonder. We were slaughtered in the Stupor Bowl repeatedly wearing those things.

It's probably a coincidence, but who knows?

Orange is our color and a lot of people missed that old Orange Crush mystique, and I can't blame them.

The color is loud and it stands out, but it also makes us unique.

What I hope is that one of these days the team will wear the 80s throwbacks some time during the regular season like other teams have been doing.

So... we should come up with a football field camouflage jersey then right? Each one will look a little different and some should have parts of field goal post as well as the stands. Yard marker lines.

Look, the whole jinx or curse thing is ridiculous. The only way I buy it is if the players do. The mind is a powerful thing and if they believe in it I could see how it would manifest in their play.

Secondly no team's uniforms truly blend with the environment.

And thirdly only rifle hunters wear orange. Because you wear orange bow hunting (or black powder for that matter) and you will not be bringing home anything.

I get your point but I just don't buy it.
    Last edited by FrostySeamus; 01-29-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by a_rod_777 View Post

With fluorescent orange jerseys the opposing team, especially the opposing QB can see and identify EVERY BRONCO ON THE FIELD out of there peripheral vision at any given time.

THIS IS A HUGE DISADVANTAGE FOR THE BRONCOS BOTH OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVELY.
    Wouldn't that be an advantage for the Broncos on offense? You can't have it both ways--if it's an advantage for the D to blend in, then it should be a disadvantage for YOUR OFFENSE. QBs would throw more picks?

These threads need to die.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

This is a major reach and I don't buy any of it. Plain and simple you cover the receiver and you don't get beat. You don't cover the receiver you get beat. Doesn't matter the uniform color. You sack the QB a lot or bring pressure you probably win. Doesn't matter what uniform color you wear.

You had a better job selling me on cursed than strategy. And even that I don't buy into. We get blown out because we aren't the better team. Both times in blue we were the better team.

I prefer to stay in Orange. We've already had almost as many playoff seasons since switching back to orange as we had in 15 years of Blue. So think of it that way.

This thread again...The color of jersey you wear has no bearing over how your team plays...The only ones we have to play are the coaches and players...the fabric had no bearing over the outcomes.

Yeah this thread keeps happening over and over and over again.

The jersey color doesn't matter!

We lost Superbowl XXI in WHITE not orange jerseys.
    We won Superbowl XXXIII in WHITE not blue jerseys.

We had over a decade of blue jerseys after our SB wins which didn't give us much luck, because it was Elway and that particular team that got the championships.
    Last edited by L.M.; 01-29-2015 at 12:00 PM.

I do agree that the color of the gloves makes a difference when it comes to pass break ups or ball stripping. it shows the defender exactly where the ball is.

Some may argue that this makes no difference but depending on who the defender is I think it does.

as for the Jersey, I see what your saying but we've had some great sessons the last four years since switching back. if our play.was that of the failures/raiders or jags then I might consider this theory but naa.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-29-2015 at 12:10 PM.

No such thing as curses. Most times when something appears to be cursed it turns out to be a strength.

The luck was all for us in 2005 when we wore our blues and got hammered in the AFC Champ game, blues have been nothing but bad since

If your gonna run the crazy story least cover all the playoff games, div titles, winning seasons and everything.

15 years in blues
    7 winning seasons, 6 double digit
    5 or 6 div titles
    7 playoff appearances
    3 AFC Champ Games, 2 won
    2 Rings

Last 15 years in Orange
    10 winning seasons, 8 double digit
    9 playoff appearances, 8 div titles
    5 AFC Champ games, 4 wins
    0 rings

I counted fast so please feel free to correct anything

I really do not believe in this anyways....pretty sure the success had WAY more to do with the players and coaches then the unis

A uni does not catch, throw or run a td pass. A uni does not make a sack or key turnover.

Take it from someone who has watched nearly every game for the last 30 years...it is the players and coaches.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

If this were true wouldn't the Browns be much more successful?
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer View Post
    If this were true wouldn't the Browns be much more successful?
    Haha the Cleveland brown bullet holes. Let's not talk about them and manweasel

By that logic, if the Seahawks wore all blue and we were away, it would be the same case...

By that logic we would struggle in every game while wearing the orange jerseys. Explain then, how we are 22-5 in the orange over the past three seasons.