Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 54 of 54
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,085
    The look on Sherman's face was pretty funny.

    He does kind of get on my nerves, however in thinking about it it's hard for him to get to me too much, because it seems like he's just trying hard to get under peoples' skin for attention, and maybe doesn't even believe a lot of what he says, so I probably shouldn't take it too seriously. After the SFO-SEA NFCC game, he acts like Kaep was somehow disrespecting him by trying to complete a pass his way, then after the GB game in week 1 he talks about how he's bored because no one will target him.

    If he truly thinks that way, it would seem he's one of those 'addicted to conflict' type of guys, lol. If you throw his way, he's upset because you don't respect him enough, if you don't throw his way he gets upset because no one's throwing at him and he's bored lol. I suppose some people do seemingly find a way for there to be a conflict.

    It's like a father who will try to find a way to have a problem with his daughter's boyfriend regardless of what he does or how he is. He may not treat the guy very well, if the guy doesn't stand up to him he'll say he's cowardly, if the guy does stand up to him he'll say he's disrespectful. He's looking for a way to not like him, and finds a way lol.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncbeat View Post
    This is so true. I live there in 2005/2006. I was told many times when I got there that Seahawk fans were fair weather fans and it was true. They went to the SB that year and their were flocks of jersey's and people all pumped up. Next day after they lost, all gone.
    For the superbowl against the Broncos there was a tshirt shop almost literally on every corner. Every gas station had a pop up tent selling seahawks crap. Against the Pat's not as much. After the loss, most jersey's in stores are moved to a size about as large as the college sections have. What WAS not being able to look anywhere without seeing a seahawks something of some sort is now that you have to look to find it.

    Meanwhile, there is an orange camaro with a gigantic Broncos logo plastered across the back window and, again, I've probably seen more Broncos gear lately than seahawks.

    Typical though. Look at the Mariners and how poor their attendance is now... Or the Supersonics.. Ohh wait..

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,575
    Quote Originally Posted by notwithit View Post
    For the superbowl against the Broncos there was a tshirt shop almost literally on every corner. Every gas station had a pop up tent selling seahawks crap. Against the Pat's not as much. After the loss, most jersey's in stores are moved to a size about as large as the college sections have. What WAS not being able to look anywhere without seeing a seahawks something of some sort is now that you have to look to find it.

    Meanwhile, there is an orange camaro with a gigantic Broncos logo plastered across the back window and, again, I've probably seen more Broncos gear lately than seahawks.

    Typical though. Look at the Mariners and how poor their attendance is now... Or the Supersonics.. Ohh wait..
    To be fair, though. There are a lot of areas that are like that. Attendance in Oklahoma was also crappy until the Thunder started winning. In any given sport, there are only a handful of cities that are 100% invested in their team regardless. In the NBA, for example, you've got Chicago, Dallas, New York, Portland, and Utah. The attendance is very high when they are good, but doesn't dip too bad when they suck. I haven't taken a long look at NFL attendance numbers, so I can't really comment there.

    Some fan bases are just incredibly obnoxious when they are good, so it's easier to highlight them when they disappear.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    To be fair, though. There are a lot of areas that are like that. Attendance in Oklahoma was also crappy until the Thunder started winning. In any given sport, there are only a handful of cities that are 100% invested in their team regardless. In the NBA, for example, you've got Chicago, Dallas, New York, Portland, and Utah. The attendance is very high when they are good, but doesn't dip too bad when they suck. I haven't taken a long look at NFL attendance numbers, so I can't really comment there.

    Some fan bases are just incredibly obnoxious when they are good, so it's easier to highlight them when they disappear.
    How about SD with their Padres.... and Chargers.... even good no one will go...
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,428
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    How about SD with their Padres.... and Chargers.... even good no one will go...
    Well, that's not entirely true. When the teams are good it's like a contagious outbreak of fandom that breaks out, not unlike many places I am sure. You see Charger's and Padre's colors flying high everywhere.

    When they fall back to mediocrity there is a collective sigh, audible throughout the county and people stick their jersey's in the back of the closet again.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by notwithit View Post
    For the superbowl against the Broncos there was a tshirt shop almost literally on every corner. Every gas station had a pop up tent selling seahawks crap. Against the Pat's not as much. After the loss, most jersey's in stores are moved to a size about as large as the college sections have. What WAS not being able to look anywhere without seeing a seahawks something of some sort is now that you have to look to find it.
    And after the 43-8 pounding Seattle inflicted on the donkeys in SB 48, how many gas stations in the Denver area had pop up tents selling broncos crap?
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,428
    Quote Originally Posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    And after the 43-8 pounding Seattle inflicted on the donkeys in SB 48, how many gas stations in the Denver area had pop up tents selling broncos crap?
    I kind of see your point. Were it not for the fact that, unlike 31 other teams, there is no such thing as Broncos crap, I'd agree with you.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I kind of see your point. Were it not for the fact that, unlike 31 other teams, there is no such thing as Broncos crap, I'd agree with you.
    And if it did exist and they sold it....it would still be AWESOME!!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    And after the 43-8 pounding Seattle inflicted on the donkeys in SB 48, how many gas stations in the Denver area had pop up tents selling broncos crap?
    Ohhhhhh ouch.... Man... That hurt... I'd imagine Denver area doesn't stoop so low as to throw pop up tents at gas stations. Stay classy Seattle and your random clown/weird people sightings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •