Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    People are complaining that it undid his character arc from Ragnarok and I don't agree. Thor has watched his mother, father, brother, sister and most of his people die. He's failed his people, and he had the chance to stop Thanos and didn't go for the head when it counted. He was already borderline in a depressed funk when he lost his hammer, even if he managed to figure it out and get his act together at the end of ragnarok, then his people were obliterated, his brother killed, his friend Heimdal killed, ect...

When you are already on the verge, even if you manage to get things together, that much more piling on is going to mess with you so I don't have a problem with Thor just saying "you know what, I'm a miserable failure, I give up." Lebowski-Thor makes perfect sense to me.
    Exactly my thoughts. Just because someone figures out their stuff doesn't mean they cant just as easily fall off again.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    People are complaining that it undid his character arc from Ragnarok and I don't agree. Thor has watched his mother, father, brother, sister and most of his people die. He's failed his people, and he had the chance to stop Thanos and didn't go for the head when it counted. He was already borderline in a depressed funk when he lost his hammer, even if he managed to figure it out and get his act together at the end of ragnarok, then his people were obliterated, his brother killed, his friend Heimdal killed, ect...

When you are already on the verge, even if you manage to get things together, that much more piling on is going to mess with you so I don't have a problem with Thor just saying "you know what, I'm a miserable failure, I give up." Lebowski-Thor makes perfect sense to me.
    I dunno...it reduced one of the greatest of he marvel characters to a joke character... it’s like they couldn’t fit him in the storyline...so they reinvented this fat buffoon version and used him for comic relief,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I dunno...it reduced one of the greatest of he marvel characters to a joke character... it’s like they couldn’t fit him in the storyline...so they reinvented this fat buffoon version and used him for comic relief,
    Totally agree! Made Thor a huge presence with the success of Ragnarok & the with Infinity War, only to throw it all out the window in Endgame. As a Thor fanatic it totally mad me angry.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Totally agree! Made Thor a huge presence with the success of Ragnarok & the with Infinity War, only to throw it all out the window in Endgame. As a Thor fanatic it totally mad me angry.
    I liked with what they did with thor. Hes suffering from depression. Lost his dad, brother, sister he never knew he had, couldn't save his mother and had he aimed for the head he could've saved a ton of lives. I dont care how strong you are that's a lot for even some one as mighty as thor.

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    I liked with what they did with thor. Hes suffering from depression. Lost his dad, brother, sister he never knew he had, couldn't save his mother and had he aimed for the head he could've saved a ton of lives. I dont care how strong you are that's a lot for even some one as mighty as thor.
    I agree, but of course it was ultimately the writers' decision on how to go with that and the level of this decline. They opted to kind of make a joke out of it (which is strange in hindsight, though I laughed at the surprise of it like most people in the audience) instead of showing him alone in a bar pounding whiskey, or raising his hand in Steve Rogers' loss support group.

They also could have fixed Thor -mind and body- with the gems, and even restored Asgard. The reality gem is incredibly powerful!

Chris Hemsworth really liked this change and doing something very different and more comedic with Thor, and since the character ran off with the space carnival, this image may persist for at least one more film --Guardians 3.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I agree, but of course it was ultimately the writers' decision on how to go with that and the level of this decline. They opted to kind of make a joke out of it (which is strange in hindsight, though I laughed at the surprise of it like most people in the audience) instead of showing him alone in a bar pounding whiskey, or raising his hand in Steve Rogers' loss support group.

They also could have fixed Thor -mind and body- with the gems, and even restored Asgard. The reality gem is incredibly powerful!

Chris Hemsworth really liked this change and doing something very different and more comedic with Thor, and since the character ran off with the space carnival, this image may persist for at least one more film --Guardians 3.
    I mean they changed him in ragnarok. Yeah thor with Steve's help group would've been kinda cool

Thor 4 is official! Stoked!
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Thor 4 is official! Stoked!
    Yeah but have you seen the details?

Natalie Portman Is Female Thor In ‘Thor Love And Thunder’ Opening Fall 2021

By Anthony D'Alessandro, Dino-Ray Ramos
    July 20, 2019 6:22pm

Natalie Portman is female Thor announced Thor 4 director Taika Waititi. She played Jane Foster in the first two Thor movies. Pic opens Fall 2021.

No surprise here at Marvel’s Comic-Con panel, but Taika Waititi was on hand to talk about Thor 4 along with Tessa Thompson who played Valkyrie in Thor Ragnarok along with Chris Hemsworth. Why no surprise? News broke earlier this week that Waititi was returning to Thor. He’s also here for FX’s What We Do In Shadows later tonight at the San Diego Convention Center. Thompson appeared earlier on HBO’s Westworld panel.

Valkyrie will be “re-investing in her people” and rebuilding Asgard said Thompson. “The love I feel for him is thunder,” said Thompson.

Waititi was reading one story line by Jason Aron called The Mighty Thor which is what the fourthquel will be based on. “That story line is incredible is full emotion, love and thunder and introduces for the first time female Thor,” said Waititi. Thompson and Hemsworth haven’t seen the script yet.

What’s happened to Thor posts Endgame? “He’s heading to the 7-11 for a little Netflix subscription and at this point he might be on the couch, who knows,” said Hemsworth.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/thor-4-...on-1202649877/

"The film will pull directly from Jason Aaron’s The Mighty Thor run in the comics, which introduced readers to a female Thor. He revealed his vision for doing just that on screen by having Portman walk out on stage holding Mjolnir."

from: https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/20/20...nder-sdcc-2019

Last edited by L.M.; 07-20-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Yeah but have you seen the details?

Natalie Portman Is Female Thor In ‘Thor Love And Thunder’ Opening Fall 2021

By Anthony D'Alessandro, Dino-Ray Ramos
    July 20, 2019 6:22pm

Natalie Portman is female Thor announced Thor 4 director Taika Waititi. She played Jane Foster in the first two Thor movies. Pic opens Fall 2021.

No surprise here at Marvel’s Comic-Con panel, but Taika Waititi was on hand to talk about Thor 4 along with Tessa Thompson who played Valkyrie in Thor Ragnarok along with Chris Hemsworth. Why no surprise? News broke earlier this week that Waititi was returning to Thor. He’s also here for FX’s What We Do In Shadows later tonight at the San Diego Convention Center. Thompson appeared earlier on HBO’s Westworld panel.

Valkyrie will be “re-investing in her people” and rebuilding Asgard said Thompson. “The love I feel for him is thunder,” said Thompson.

Waititi was reading one story line by Jason Aron called The Mighty Thor which is what the fourthquel will be based on. “That story line is incredible is full emotion, love and thunder and introduces for the first time female Thor,” said Waititi. Thompson and Hemsworth haven’t seen the script yet.

What’s happened to Thor posts Endgame? “He’s heading to the 7-11 for a little Netflix subscription and at this point he might be on the couch, who knows,” said Hemsworth.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/thor-4-...on-1202649877/

"The film will pull directly from Jason Aaron’s The Mighty Thor run in the comics, which introduced readers to a female Thor. He revealed his vision for doing just that on screen by having Portman walk out on stage holding Mjolnir."

from: https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/20/20...nder-sdcc-2019

Well, my excitement just got squashed lol. I knew at one point in time Jane Foster was Thor in the comics but I never thought they'd bring it to the big screen. I thought Portman was done acting in the Marvel Universe. Still got to think it will be a entertaining movie with Waititi returning. I just saw a Loki series is coming as well exclusively through Disney as well. Got to think that will be good.

Loki - yay.

Portman as Thor? Won’t waste my time...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Well, my excitement just got squashed lol. I knew at one point in time Jane Foster was Thor in the comics but I never thought they'd bring it to the big screen. I thought Portman was done acting in the Marvel Universe. Still got to think it will be a entertaining movie with Waititi returning. I just saw a Loki series is coming as well exclusively through Disney as well. Got to think that will be good.
    Tom Hiddleston reveals Disney+ Loki series is about an Avengers-era Loki

Tom Hiddleston is bringing back the Marvel villain you love to hate.

During Marvel’s big Comic-Con 2019 panel, the actor surprised the thousands of fans gathered in Hall H to reveal the long-awaited first details about what version of Loki he’ll be playing in his upcoming standalone Disney+ streaming series, including that the title will simply be: Loki.

“You guys saw Avengers right?” Hiddleston joked to the cheering crowd. “So he’s still that guy. And just about the last thing that happened to him was he got Hulk-smashed. So there’s a lot of psychological evolution that is still yet to happen. Kevin [Feige] has generally shown me what his plans are. I can’t tell you any of them, but it is one of the most exciting creative opportunities I think I’ve ever come across. This is new territory, a new world, new challenges, and I cannot wait to get started.”

Hiddleston was joined onstage by Feige during the panel and they both emphasized that the Loki in the streaming series is not the Loki who grew and changed for the better and who ultimately sacrificed his own life in a heroic move to try to stop Thanos in Thor: Ragnarok. This is still an Avengers-era Loki, aka the manipulative, selfish and evil villain.

Loki, set to begin streaming in spring of 2021, will also answer the question of what happened after he grabbed the Tesseract during the botched time heist in Avengers: Endgame.

from: https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/20/...eries-details/

Avengers: Endgame Extended Scene Reveals How Gamora Slipped Away

by Meagan Damore – on Jul 26, 2019 in Movies, Movie News

An extended scene from Avengers: Endgame answers a major fan question: what happened to Gamora after the climactic final battle against Thanos? As it turns out, she slipped away while all the other heroes paid their respects to Tony Stark.

The extended scene, released by USA Today, takes place moments after Stark died in Pepper Potts' arms. The camera pulls back to reveal the other heroes, who start to realize what has happened. After a moment, Hawkeye drops to his knee; Black Panther follows, then Captain Marvel. Soon, everyone kneels before him to pay their respects for his sacrifice.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ne/1827992001/

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame...-slipped-away/

~~~

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.