Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I feel like we're going to see the team go up against Thanos and defeat him in act one of the movie. The teams going to win, but it's going to be empty because of everyone they've lost. I feel like that that point Ant Man's going to tell them about the Quantum Realm and time vortexes, they'll use those to pop back in time to each of the points in time where Thanos gets an infinity stone and prevent him from getting them. Then they'll defeat him a second time preventing the snap from ever happening.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

That looks awful...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That looks awful...
    Yeah...I'm not too hopeful about this one, not with the writer of X3:The Worst Stand taking another crack at the adaptation, the cheezy aftertaste of Apocalypse still in my mouth, and the prospect of Sophie Turner actually carrying a film...

Yeah...I'm not too hopeful about this one, not with the writer of X3:The Worst Stand taking another crack at the adaptation, the cheezy aftertaste of Apocalypse still in my mouth, and the prospect of Sophie Turner actually carrying a film...
    I still dont understand why back when they created first class they didnt go with the original first class. We would've at least had 3 movies to grow with Jean grey. She had zero character development and was in apocalypse and by then we've barely known her character. Stupid decision imo

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    I still dont understand why back when they created first class they didnt go with the original first class. We would've at least had 3 movies to grow with Jean grey. She had zero character development and was in apocalypse and by then we've barely known her character. Stupid decision imo
    And that's my biggest beef with this film. Why do I care about any of these characters? Yes they "technically" are the same characters as the original movies, only younger, but there has been zero development of this version of each character, I have no vested interest in them and therefore no stakes in what happens. Seems really mishandled to just jump to this storyline, but I'm sure they wanted to tell the story and knew this was their last chance before the house of mouse took over and did the series correctly.

And that's my biggest beef with this film. Why do I care about any of these characters? Yes they "technically" are the same characters as the original movies, only younger, but there has been zero development of this version of each character, I have no vested interest in them and therefore no stakes in what happens. Seems really mishandled to just jump to this storyline, but I'm sure they wanted to tell the story and knew this was their last chance before the house of mouse took over and did the series correctly.
    There's a core of four characters all played by the same actors in all of these films: Prof X, Mystique, Magneto and Beast, and Quicksilver will now be in three. I suppose we'll have to feel or empathize through their reactions to things. Central to the Phoenix story though are Jean and Scott who were only introduced in the last film which was bloated with too many characters, not leaving much screen time to develop them, so in that sense I agree with you.

The rise and fall of Phoenix to her dark side is a long and complex affair in the original comics, and has to be in order to have emotional impact. It really should be relegated to a X-Men television series with at least a full season devoted to it.

Another issue I have are the decade jumps between films which now seems more like a gimmick to showcase different eras while the actors certainly don't look ten, twenty or thirty years older!
    Last edited by L.M.; 04-19-2019 at 10:46 AM.

There's a core of four characters all played by the same actors in all of these films: Prof X, Mystique, Magneto and Beast, and Quicksilver will now be in three. I suppose we'll have to feel or empathize through their reactions to things. Central to the Phoenix story though are Jean and Scott who were only introduced in the last film which was bloated with too many characters, not leaving much screen time to develop them, so in that sense I agree with you.

The rise and fall of Phoenix to her dark side is a long and complex affair in the original comics, and has to be in order to have emotional impact. It really should be relegated to a X-Men television series with at least a full season devoted to it.

Another issue I have are the decade jumps between films which now seems more like a gimmick to showcase different eras while the actors certainly don't look ten, twenty or thirty years older!
    The last film was so painfully bad I thanos'ed it from my memory. After the snap only about half of it remains...none good.

'Avengers: Endgame' Decimates Record Books with $1.2 Billion Global Debut

Current totals after one week:

$452 million domestic
    $1.6 billion worldwide

Just saw end game..., awesome., but I really hated the fat Thor humour, can’t saw why, because I laughed, but it degraded the character too..,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Just saw end game..., awesome., but I really hated the fat Thor humour, canít saw why, because I laughed, but it degraded the character too..,
    Loved thiccc thor. Had me laughing pretty damn hard. I mean the guy is suffering from depression

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Just saw end game..., awesome., but I really hated the fat Thor humour, can’t saw why, because I laughed, but it degraded the character too..,
    People are complaining that it undid his character arc from Ragnarok and I don't agree. Thor has watched his mother, father, brother, sister and most of his people die. He's failed his people, and he had the chance to stop Thanos and didn't go for the head when it counted. He was already borderline in a depressed funk when he lost his hammer, even if he managed to figure it out and get his act together at the end of ragnarok, then his people were obliterated, his brother killed, his friend Heimdal killed, ect...

When you are already on the verge, even if you manage to get things together, that much more piling on is going to mess with you so I don't have a problem with Thor just saying "you know what, I'm a miserable failure, I give up." Lebowski-Thor makes perfect sense to me.

People are complaining that it undid his character arc from Ragnarok and I don't agree. Thor has watched his mother, father, brother, sister and most of his people die. He's failed his people, and he had the chance to stop Thanos and didn't go for the head when it counted. He was already borderline in a depressed funk when he lost his hammer, even if he managed to figure it out and get his act together at the end of ragnarok, then his people were obliterated, his brother killed, his friend Heimdal killed, ect...

When you are already on the verge, even if you manage to get things together, that much more piling on is going to mess with you so I don't have a problem with Thor just saying "you know what, I'm a miserable failure, I give up." Lebowski-Thor makes perfect sense to me.
    Lebowski Thor was my favorite part of the whole movie

BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Lebowski Thor was my favorite part of the whole movie
    All of the things that people are complaining about (The Big Thorbowski: God of Thunder Thighs, Steve's choice at the end, ect...) They all make a lot of sense when you seperate the comics and the character's moral compass in the comics and look at everything from the human aspect.

All in all I think the complaints are minor and don't detract from the fact that this movie was epicly amazing.