Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    SO stoked for Deadpool 2 this weekend. Watching it on Sat. Decided to do a deadpool movie night rather than Avengers
    Its SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! Better then the first, and id say better then infinity wars. it was fantastic!!!!

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Thor would be more like Aaron Rodgers, though. Yeah, he'd eat up a ton of cap but he's basically the best player on the team. Buying 15 one dollar players would only get you more dead super heroes lol. Idk, maybe you think Kirk Cousins is good lol.
    You didn't see me in the free agency thread stomping up and down on the Kirk Cousins bandwagon this offseason? lol. I will say this though. I'd rather throw a boat load of different stuff at Thanos than send one or two guys in there. Movie would've lasted five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Its SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! Better then the first, and id say better then infinity wars. it was fantastic!!!!

Was supposed to see it last weekend, but I'm definitely going to see it this weekend based on what everyone is saying.

Everyone I know that has seen it says it's better than Infinity Wars. I hope so.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio seems to be happening for Spidey 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Captain Marvel, Doc Strange, Scarlet Witch, Spider Man, Mantis
    Good choices, but what's Mantis gonna do?

"Guys, I think Thanos is really really mad now!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Thor, Captain Marvel, Nebula, Scarlett Witch
    Nebula hates Thanos, is quite resilient and could in some way be the x-factor in all this, like the comics!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Thor, hulk, strange and the Scarlett’s witch. Good mix...
    I like the raw power of the Hulk but Thanos (rather surprisingly) knocked him cold and the Hulk refused to come back out after that!

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I'd go with Strange, Vision, Witch, Ant Man, Hawkeye, Fury, Mantis, and Falcon. Diversity.

I will say this though. I'd rather throw a boat load of different stuff at Thanos than send one or two guys in there. Movie would've lasted five minutes.
    The quantity over quality strategy eh? I wondered if anyone would bite on that. Problem is, Thanos is mostly invulnerable to whatever they throw at him and can dispatch them like gnats with a wave of his hand!

Cousins of Infinity War Financing. 33% of your cap.
    Thor is like prime Elway, man! And with that special Anti-Thanos Axe he is worth more than $5 -one of the steals!

Doc Strange, Scarlet Witch, and Vision are also steals. Cap America, Black Widow, Gamora, and especially Star Lord are overpriced -for this fight!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Good choices, but what's Mantis gonna do?

"Guys, I think Thanos is really really mad now!!!"

Nebula hates Thanos, is quite resilient and could in some way be the x-factor in all this, like the comics!

I like the raw power of the Hulk but Thanos (rather surprisingly) knocked him cold and the Hulk refused to come back out after that!

The quantity over quality strategy eh? I wondered if anyone would bite on that. Problem is, Thanos is mostly invulnerable to whatever they throw at him and can dispatch them like gnats with a wave of his hand!

Thor is like prime Elway, man! And with that special Anti-Thanos Axe he is worth more than $5 -one of the steals!

Doc Strange, Scarlet Witch, and Vision are also steals. Cap America, Black Widow, Gamora, and especially Star Lord are overpriced -for this fight!
    Well, my logic is this: Hawkeye and Falcon are a ranged diversion. One from the air, and one from land. Strange and Vision are my heavy hitters. Fury for coordination, and Ant Man as sort of an unseen ace in the hole. Finally, Mantis and Scarlet Witch, like in the movie, have very specific abilities that are key to the whole thing: Getting the dang glove off his hand, or incapacitating him long enough for Strange to do something crazy with him.

If nothing else, it would be fun watching Samuel Jackson cuss him out.

Well, my logic is this: Hawkeye and Falcon are a ranged diversion. One from the air, and one from land. Strange and Vision are my heavy hitters. Fury for coordination, and Ant Man as sort of an unseen ace in the hole. Finally, Mantis and Scarlet Witch, like in the movie, have very specific abilities that are key to the whole thing: Getting the dang glove off his hand, or incapacitating him long enough for Strange to do something crazy with him.

This was basically going to be my response to him regarding Mantis. As an individual she is as weak as they come. But I picked my team based on knowledge seen from the movie. So I'm basically taking her under a valuable team assumption. Where she could do exactly what she did in the movie. I'm not sure they can regain that element of surprise again though. And if not she is worthless.

This was basically going to be my response to him regarding Mantis. As an individual she is as weak as they come. But I picked my team based on knowledge seen from the movie. So I'm basically taking her under a valuable team assumption. Where she could do exactly what she did in the movie. I'm not sure they can regain that element of surprise again though. And if not she is worthless.
    That makes sense, guys.

I just realized that Warmachine and Wong are conspicuously absent from the board while Coulson and Agent Hill really don't deserve to be on there at all. Coulson's been out of the films for some time and he's now retired (and dying) from AoS too now.

Latest update on the 21st Century Fox deal:

Disney lines up financing in case Fox board demands cash: Sources

• Disney and Twenty-First Century Fox have agreed on a $52.4 billion sale of Fox's movie studio and other assets to Disney.
    • The bid faces a possible competing offer from Comcast, the parent of CNBC.

David Faber | @DavidFaber
    Published 5 Hours Ago Updated 4 Hours Ago

Disney is lining up financing in case Twenty-First Century Fox's board demands cash, sources told CNBC.

Disney is prepared to offer significant cash if needed, the sources said. The two are in agreement on a $52.4 billion bid for Disney to buy Fox's movie studio and other assets. But Disney is competing with a potential bid by Comcast, the parent of CNBC.

Comcast is expected to make a bid if a federal judge rules in favor of AT&T in a trial over its merger with Time Warner. Its offer is expected to top Disney's and be in all cash. Disney is preparing to counteract in the event Fox's board decides it wants cash as part of Disney's deal, which currently is all stock.

source: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/29/disn...h-sources.html

Goooo Disney!
    Last edited by L.M.; 05-29-2018 at 02:33 PM.

I thought it was decent. Entertaining. Not nearly as good as the first one, IMO. I tend to go into movies like this with extremely high expectations, so I'm often walking away feeling kinda "meh."

I should probably give it more credit. It's extremely difficult to provide a follow-up to something as groundbreaking as the first Deadpool.

Comcast just outbid Disney. Their all cash bid is $65 billion. We may not be getting a Disney improved fox version of marvel heroes after all.

Comcast just outbid Disney. Their all cash bid is $65 billion. We may not be getting a Disney improved fox version of marvel heroes after all.
    We'll see if Disney matches the offer and a bidding war erupts!

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    We'll see if Disney matches the offer and a bidding war erupts!
    I'm sure Fox would be stoked.

"Barring a third entrant (Internet/tech is possible), we would see the most sensible outcome as splitting the baby, with Comcast getting Sky (which we see as its main goal) and Disney getting most of the rest."

from:Disney May Get X-Men, Fantastic Four Rights by Splitting Fox Assets with Comcast

Analysts expect Disney to top Comcast's $65 billion bid for Fox

Still on wait & see mode...

Fox has reportedly accepted Disney's new bid of $71.3 Billion

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/...99c41d360001ae