Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    People are complaining that it undid his character arc from Ragnarok and I don't agree. Thor has watched his mother, father, brother, sister and most of his people die. He's failed his people, and he had the chance to stop Thanos and didn't go for the head when it counted. He was already borderline in a depressed funk when he lost his hammer, even if he managed to figure it out and get his act together at the end of ragnarok, then his people were obliterated, his brother killed, his friend Heimdal killed, ect...

When you are already on the verge, even if you manage to get things together, that much more piling on is going to mess with you so I don't have a problem with Thor just saying "you know what, I'm a miserable failure, I give up." Lebowski-Thor makes perfect sense to me.
    Exactly my thoughts. Just because someone figures out their stuff doesn't mean they cant just as easily fall off again.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    People are complaining that it undid his character arc from Ragnarok and I don't agree. Thor has watched his mother, father, brother, sister and most of his people die. He's failed his people, and he had the chance to stop Thanos and didn't go for the head when it counted. He was already borderline in a depressed funk when he lost his hammer, even if he managed to figure it out and get his act together at the end of ragnarok, then his people were obliterated, his brother killed, his friend Heimdal killed, ect...

When you are already on the verge, even if you manage to get things together, that much more piling on is going to mess with you so I don't have a problem with Thor just saying "you know what, I'm a miserable failure, I give up." Lebowski-Thor makes perfect sense to me.
    I dunno...it reduced one of the greatest of he marvel characters to a joke character... it’s like they couldn’t fit him in the storyline...so they reinvented this fat buffoon version and used him for comic relief,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I dunno...it reduced one of the greatest of he marvel characters to a joke character... it’s like they couldn’t fit him in the storyline...so they reinvented this fat buffoon version and used him for comic relief,
    Totally agree! Made Thor a huge presence with the success of Ragnarok & the with Infinity War, only to throw it all out the window in Endgame. As a Thor fanatic it totally mad me angry.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Totally agree! Made Thor a huge presence with the success of Ragnarok & the with Infinity War, only to throw it all out the window in Endgame. As a Thor fanatic it totally mad me angry.
    I liked with what they did with thor. Hes suffering from depression. Lost his dad, brother, sister he never knew he had, couldn't save his mother and had he aimed for the head he could've saved a ton of lives. I dont care how strong you are that's a lot for even some one as mighty as thor.

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    I liked with what they did with thor. Hes suffering from depression. Lost his dad, brother, sister he never knew he had, couldn't save his mother and had he aimed for the head he could've saved a ton of lives. I dont care how strong you are that's a lot for even some one as mighty as thor.
    I agree, but of course it was ultimately the writers' decision on how to go with that and the level of this decline. They opted to kind of make a joke out of it (which is strange in hindsight, though I laughed at the surprise of it like most people in the audience) instead of showing him alone in a bar pounding whiskey, or raising his hand in Steve Rogers' loss support group.

They also could have fixed Thor -mind and body- with the gems, and even restored Asgard. The reality gem is incredibly powerful!

Chris Hemsworth really liked this change and doing something very different and more comedic with Thor, and since the character ran off with the space carnival, this image may persist for at least one more film --Guardians 3.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I agree, but of course it was ultimately the writers' decision on how to go with that and the level of this decline. They opted to kind of make a joke out of it (which is strange in hindsight, though I laughed at the surprise of it like most people in the audience) instead of showing him alone in a bar pounding whiskey, or raising his hand in Steve Rogers' loss support group.

They also could have fixed Thor -mind and body- with the gems, and even restored Asgard. The reality gem is incredibly powerful!

Chris Hemsworth really liked this change and doing something very different and more comedic with Thor, and since the character ran off with the space carnival, this image may persist for at least one more film --Guardians 3.
    I mean they changed him in ragnarok. Yeah thor with Steve's help group would've been kinda cool