• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AZ Snake Fan
    earthling
    • May 2004

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Yea... I'm not seeing Michael Shannon at all. Hardy would be interesting.
    I've seen Shannon's work in "99 Homes" , "Midnight Special" and of course as General Zod.
    He could def play Cable. Hardy would be interesting like you say but I haven't heard any buzz there.

Here's someone's idea of what Shannon could look like as Cable:

If you've been paying attention to the world of comic book movies, you've noticed that Deadpool 2 [...]

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• L.M.
      Vitalstatistix
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      Thor cuts his hair in the comics, so I don't really see a problem with it for the movies.
      Yeah and they made Thor a female there too, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Too many writers and artists have done horrible things to characters over the years. I think a few of us are just sentimentally attached to the classic Asgardian look for the Viking's god of thunder. If you're going to change the look and even the weapons(!?) why not just invent a whole new character?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• canadiansbronco
        Starter
        • Aug 2010

New spider man trailer is out, but i would stay away if you dont like spoilers....They gave away a couple spoilers
        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Axemaster
          Special Teams
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
          New spider man trailer is out, but i would stay away if you dont like spoilers....They gave away a couple spoilers
          I don't EVEN like what they are doing to Spider-Man! If his appearance in Civil Wars and these Trailers are any indication, not good. Could thay make him sound any more goofy, juvenile and corny?
          sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
            The ArchAngel
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
            I don't EVEN like what they are doing to Spider-Man! If his appearance in Civil Wars and these Trailers are any indication, not good. Could thay make him sound any more goofy, juvenile and corny?
            I mean...Well it's Spiderman. He is goofy, juvenile, and corny. Always has been.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• canadiansbronco
              Starter
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
              Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
              I mean...Well it's Spiderman. He is goofy, juvenile, and corny. Always has been.
              Thats what i said. He was awesome in civil war and the new movie looks great IMO. They have his power level and goofyness just right
              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

Thought the Spider-Man homecoming looked about the same as usual for Spider-Man

I'll go see it but I don't think it looks great or anything. Doesn't look better than the last two from a trailer standpoint.
                sigpic

Comment

• Axemaster
                  Special Teams
                  • Jan 2009

Just seems a little too over the top! Wasn't ever that bad in any ERA of the Comics I ever read, and that's going back to the early 70s.
                  sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• L.M.
                    Vitalstatistix
                    • Oct 2006

Thor Raganarok teaser released today:

Comment

• canadiansbronco
                      Starter
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

That looks like all sorts of awesome
                      sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Jul 23, 2016

Oct 18, 2016

First episode date: February 8, 2017
                        Network: FX
                        Number of seasons: 1
                        Number of episodes: 8

Legion is so freaking weird... I finally finished it the other day, but man it's strange.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

It's so awesome that they combined Ragnarok and Planet Hulk. I've wanted a Planet Hulk movie for so long!
                          sigpic

Comment

• L.M.
                            Vitalstatistix
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                            That looks like all sorts of awesome
                            It looks freaking amazing!!! And Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster!?

I liked Kevin Smith's reaction to the trailer too -pretty funny!

Comment

• L.M.
                              Vitalstatistix
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              Legion is so freaking weird... I finally finished it the other day, but man it's strange.
                              I've never seen anything like it -as a TV show anyway. It was like an 8-hour trip mixing both acid and mescalin!!! If David Lynch, Stanley Kubrick and Akira Kurosawa would have made something together, it would heve looked like this. Some of the shots were incredible, very artistic and creative.

I read the original comics back when the character debuted (New Mutants #26-28 by Claremont and Sienkewicz) and reread them when the TV series started. They are very surreal too, happening largely in the astral plane or David's mind, and they broke ground with a new and weird art style. In that sense, the TV show was true to the spirit of the comics, though the plot was totally different.
                              Last edited by L.M.; 04-11-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• L.M.
                                Vitalstatistix
                                • Oct 2006

Dark Phoenix confirmed after X-Men: Apocalypse

Fox set release dates for ‘New Mutants,’ ‘Deadpool 2,’ and ‘Dark Phoenix.’
                                Nick Romano@NickARomano
                                Posted on April 22, 2017 at 1:53pm EDT

The Dark Phoenix will rise again. After reports circulated over the plot for the X-Men: Apocalypse sequel, 20th Century Fox confirmed that the franchise will be revisiting Jean Grey’s iconic story line next year.

On Saturday, the studio announced new release dates for the next installments of the X-Men cinematic universe: Josh Boone’s New Mutants is scheduled for April 13, 2018, Deadpool 2 will now bow June 1, 2018, and Dark Phoenix will hit theaters on November 2, 2018.

The Dark Phoenix has already been seen on screen in 2006’s X-Men: The Last Stand, adapting the comic book arc that sees Jean Grey imbued with the Phoenix Force and unleashing her untamable telekinetic abilities on the world. Director Bryan Singer, who helmed 2000’s X-Men and 2003’s X2, expressed his regret for not closing out his envisioned trilogy; he passed the director’s seat to Brett Ratner in order to direct Superman Returns, but The Last Stand remains one of the most poorly received installments of the franchise.

“I like finishing things. I like finishing this particular iteration,” Singer told Fandango in 2016. “I know X-Men 3 was quite rushed and I didn’t complete it, and I felt a little like it was probably my responsibility to do that as a filmmaker, and I didn’t.” But with X-Men: Days of Future Past came a new, edited timeline that Singer teased would “fix s—” in the cinematic universe.

Sophie Turner now portrays Jean, and X-Men: Apocalypse gave her an unmissable fiery moment that’s poised to continue in a new introduction for the Phoenix. Earlier reports claimed the film would bear the title X-Men: Supernova, but its new release features a clearer tie to the comic book arc.

Writer-producer Simon Kinberg confirmed to /Film that Supernova was the “code name.” He added the film is currently “in early stages of prep” and he’s “interested” in directing.

“I definitely would love to take another stab at the Dark Phoenix story,” Kinberg previously told EW. Turner further explained, “The seeds of Phoenix definitely are planted in [Apocalypse]. She can’t control her powers unless she either fully stops them or lets them all loose, and that’s kind of Phoenix. I think in future movies to come we’ll definitely see a bit more of that.”

As for New Mutants, Boone, who helmed The Fault In the Stars, promised a “YA vibe” with “familiar faces.”

Actor Josh Brolin recently signed a four-film deal to play Cable, beginning with Deadpool 2. Ryan Reynolds returns as the Merc with the Mouth for the film, which will be directed by David Leitch. Zazie Beetz will also appear as Domino, while a teaser for Deadpool 2 was released in theaters with Logan.

First up, next April 13, we’ll get Josh Boone’s (The Fault in Our Stars) New Mutants, which seems more and more like the wild card of next year’s trio. A surprisingly small amount of info has been formally released about this film, though it’s seeming increasingly likely that we’ll see Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch, Split), Nat Wolff (The Fault in Our Stars, Baby Driver) and Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones) starring in the picture. Aside from director Boone hinting at the inclusion of mutants Wolfsbane (apparently played by Williams), Mirage, Cannonball, Sunspot, Magik and Warlock, we know little else about the movie at this point.

Last edited by L.M.; 04-24-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X