Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryh View Post
    Man this must make you absolutely giddy with joy...perhaps they will bring back Tebow. Wow the mind boggles with excitement at the thought.
    Giddy?

Really...?

Maybe you should start your own "Tebow Thread", since you obviously can't go very long without talking about him.

I'm of the opinion that Manning should never have been signed here. But now that he is here, why would Elway bail early? That would be very odd, and show a real lack of resolve and vision.

In 2012, Manning was a career choke artist, with very serious health concerns. People didn't even know if he could play another season.

in 2015, Manning is a career choke artist, with very serious health concerns. People don't even know if he can play another season.

What has changed?

Why would Elway suddenly bail on his "big move", when he hasn't even seen it pay off?

I'd rather see us move on from him, and start our own search for the next "great qb", than waste away another season, with another predictable Manning finish. But why should Elway have changed his mind?
    This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...

Why does anyone here think that Elway is "classy"? What in the world would give a person that idea?! lol

We should find a way to ask Champ Bailey how he feels about Elway's World Class Classiness.

Perhaps John Fox could weigh in. Elway couldn't even simply thank him at his "parting ways" press conference. Elway thought it would be better to thank himself first. oops...

Huge Ego: Yes

Classy: Not so much.
    This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    If we have a wild card spot wrapped up with 4 weeks to go I honestly would prefer to start Os the last month and let Manning get fresh for the playoffs. Elway missed a few games in 98. Manning is going to be 39 and he's no Brett Favre physically. I think it's something that should be seriously considered.
    This will never happen. I've heard Dmac talking about it on the radio but the Broncos won't do it. I don't think it's a bad idea, just something that will not be even considered. Elway only missed games in 1998 because he was injured. Brister was winning and even had better numbers than Elway and the Broncos did not give Elway any extra rest. He was back on the field as soon as he was healthy. It would basically mean Manning was benched due to performance concerns. He will not accept this and there would be a rift in the locker room. There is morale involved, the pride of a HoF quarterback.

Elway wants Manning back and he is coming back for a full season.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I'm wondering if this article "leak" might be a way to have Manning restructure his contract. He clearly is not a $19 million dollar player any longer, especially when Brady, as a SB champion restructured and is making $9.
    Brady doesn't make $9 million per year. Brady received a $30 million signing bonus on a 5-year deal that includes 2015, 2016, and 2017. His restructure added $1 million per year to his contract in exchange for reducing the full guarantee on his contract to injury only. It's not fair to compare one contract with a signing bonus to another unless you look at the entirety of the contract.

It's a shame we didn't give Peyton a $60 million signing bonus with lower base salaries in each year. Then we could say he's a bargain at ~$6 million/year, even if it's not true.

That's not to say I wouldn't love it if Peyton took less money.
    Last edited by dbjeff; 02-10-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbjeff View Post
    Brady doesn't make $9 million per year. Brady received a $30 million signing bonus on a 5-year deal that includes 2015, 2016, and 2017. His restructure added $1 million per year to his contract in exchange for reducing the full guarantee on his contract to injury only. It's not fair to compare one contract with a signing bonus to another without.

It's a shame we didn't give Peyton a $60 million signing bonus with lower base salaries in each year. Then we could say he's a bargain at ~$6 million/year, even if it's not true.
    Hmm, that's what they said today on the Boston sports show. I'll take your word for it because I certainly don't understand contracts. But that was the number they specifically said. Oh well.

Hmm, that's what they said today on the Boston sports show. I'll take your word for it because I certainly don't understand contracts. But that was the number they specifically said. Oh well.
    They're just referring to the average base salaries in his restructure. If you take the original 5-year deal with the signing bonus plus the recent restructure that adds $3 million total, his yearly average is $12 million (+ any other bonuses that I've missed) while Peyton's is $19.2 million. Still a hefty difference and it would be nicer if Peyton was making $12 million instead.

I think Elway kinda boxed himself in when he fired Fox and made the comments that he made. He pretty much has to stick with Manning as long as Manning is healthy.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

What would you think would be Manning's perspective? Why would he come back?
    I can think of 19 million reasons he would want to come back.

Broncos uncertain they want Manning back

http://nesn.com/2015/02/report-bronc...-back-in-2015/

Peyton Manning reportedly wants to play in 2015, but the bigger question might be what the Denver Broncos want. NFL Media reported Tuesday morning that Manning is gearing up for a return in 2015. However, Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole cited sources close to the team who said the Broncos are uncertain whether they want Manning back for another season. Manning has an upcoming physical, and the Broncos could fail the quarterback. “At this point in his career, the Broncos could fail Peyton Manning for any reason, including the four neck surgeries that he has already had,” he said Tuesday in a video on Bleacher Report. “In talking to sources close to the team, there’s a big question here about whether the Broncos want to bring him back for one more year. They’re going to have to feel very comfortable about this.” There certainly are factors working against Manning. The legendary quarterback turns 39 next month, and it looks like age and the neck injuries are finally catching up with him. Manning had a solid 2014 season, but he started to break down physically toward the end of the season. He reportedly played through a quad injury, but it’s unrealistic to think Manning is going to suddenly get hurt less as he ages. It might seem crazy for the Broncos to move on from a likely Hall of Famer in Manning, but the Broncos are in a state of transition. The team parted ways with head coach John Fox and hired Gary Kubiak. Despite that, Cole says he “probably” sees Manning in Denver for one more season.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/02/report-bronc...-back-in-2015/

What kind of a report would you expect from a NE writer? Could it be they are trying to stir the pot maybe?

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Report probably omitted the beef of the sandwich... The most crucial part... Sources say team doesnt want PM back... At the 19 million the option would pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Rebel View Post
    http://nesn.com/2015/02/report-bronc...-back-in-2015/

Peyton Manning reportedly wants to play in 2015, but the bigger question might be what the Denver Broncos want. NFL Media reported Tuesday morning that Manning is gearing up for a return in 2015. However, Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole cited sources close to the team who said the Broncos are uncertain whether they want Manning back for another season. Manning has an upcoming physical, and the Broncos could fail the quarterback. “At this point in his career, the Broncos could fail Peyton Manning for any reason, including the four neck surgeries that he has already had,” he said Tuesday in a video on Bleacher Report. “In talking to sources close to the team, there’s a big question here about whether the Broncos want to bring him back for one more year. They’re going to have to feel very comfortable about this.” There certainly are factors working against Manning. The legendary quarterback turns 39 next month, and it looks like age and the neck injuries are finally catching up with him. Manning had a solid 2014 season, but he started to break down physically toward the end of the season. He reportedly played through a quad injury, but it’s unrealistic to think Manning is going to suddenly get hurt less as he ages. It might seem crazy for the Broncos to move on from a likely Hall of Famer in Manning, but the Broncos are in a state of transition. The team parted ways with head coach John Fox and hired Gary Kubiak. Despite that, Cole says he “probably” sees Manning in Denver for one more season.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/02/report-bronc...-back-in-2015/
    This is the part that concerns me. First year, he was "getting back in shape," second year, the man lit it up but the team kind of got figured out by the SB. Third year something happened about mid season and things were never the same, the subterfuge really bothers me here. At what point in year four do we pull the trigger if things just don't seem right?

Can we pull the trigger? Twenty mil is a lot of jing
    [

Scotty Payne at MHR states Cole is a reputable reporter with relationships inside the Broncos. There may be something to this if nothing but posturing.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Scotty Payne at MHR states Cole is a reputable reporter with relationships inside the Broncos. There may be something to this if nothing but posturing.
    He's writing John Elway's autobiography.

i'd say he's reliable, given the situation.

Hooray, beer!

Because somehow Elway saying with his mouth on TV that he wants Manning back isn't enough.