Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Schefter said the team wants him back. Adam is pretty spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by weefishy View Post
    Because somehow Elway saying with his mouth on TV that he wants Manning back isn't enough.
    You must e new to the business world, because honesty is not exactly a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    You must e new to the business world, because honesty is not exactly a necessity.
    I've never seen Elway as a BSer.

I don't recall him saying he wanted to keep Tebow; he said he wanted the best QB for the position.

Bleacher report, enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by weefishy View Post
    I've never seen Elway as a BSer.

I don't recall him saying he wanted to keep Tebow; he said he wanted the best QB for the position.
    Uh... he said Tebow was the starting QB going into camp like two weeks before he traded him.

Said it before, I will say it again.

You didn't bring in Kubiak to coach fox's team. There is going to be change. PFM needs to either get on board or hes gone.

It may mean salary reduction. It may mean run centric offense.

Elway is a businessman first. Business comes before friendship etc... John owns Manning nothing. Manning had 3 shots with the best teams he could have asked for and laid an egg in 2 of the 3 playoffs.

The fact that PFM feels he even needs to talk to the FO before he agree's to come back tells me all I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    From Rotoworld:

I also think this is a little hard to believe. On some level there will be concern about Manning's ability to stay healthy, and that's nothing to sneeze at given his high cap hit, but if he shows his body can take another year then I don't think we would try to fail his physical just to save cap space.

I think the better question is do we want Manning playing in December?

If we have a wild card spot wrapped up with 4 weeks to go I honestly would prefer to start Os the last month and let Manning get fresh for the playoffs. Elway missed a few games in 98. Manning is going to be 39 and he's no Brett Favre physically. I think it's something that should be seriously considered.
    I find the report laughable.

Every shred of evidence supports the team wanting him back. There is NO evidence whatsoever for anything else. NONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Sounds like another reporter trying to make a name for themselves. No sources named, only rumors.
    Especially since the first I saw this report was from a patriots beat reporter on comcast NE sportsnet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    Why does anyone here think that Elway is "classy"? What in the world would give a person that idea?! lol

We should find a way to ask Champ Bailey how he feels about Elway's World Class Classiness.

Perhaps John Fox could weigh in. Elway couldn't even simply thank him at his "parting ways" press conference. Elway thought it would be better to thank himself first. oops...

Huge Ego: Yes

Classy: Not so much.
    Obviously, you havent been paying much attention then.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I think Elway kinda boxed himself in when he fired Fox and made the comments that he made. He pretty much has to stick with Manning as long as Manning is healthy.
    Yeah, I am certain that there is no possibility at all that Elway genuinely wants Peyton back, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Said it before, I will say it again.

You didn't bring in Kubiak to coach fox's team. There is going to be change. PFM needs to either get on board or hes gone.

It may mean salary reduction. It may mean run centric offense.

Elway is a businessman first. Business comes before friendship etc... John owns Manning nothing. Manning had 3 shots with the best teams he could have asked for and laid an egg in 2 of the 3 playoffs.

The fact that PFM feels he even needs to talk to the FO before he agree's to come back tells me all I need to know.
    Except an offensive line or running attack, the 2 things he really needed. Give me a break

Quote Originally Posted by tonray View Post
    Except an offensive line or running attack, the 2 things he really needed. Give me a break
    Give me a team that has more offensive talent than Denver... Anyone? Who has a WR/TE corps that can stack up to Julius, DT, and Sanders? Maybe GB? Thats about the only one I can think of.

CJA had 0 problem running the ball the 2nd half of the year. IF stats and points interest you, CJA was one of the top 3 most productive backs in football week 10 onward.

Sorry man... that just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    I find the report laughable.

Every shred of evidence supports the team wanting him back. There is NO evidence whatsoever for anything else. NONE.
    This is business. You never show all your cards. As another poster said, Tebow was the starting QB and then traded 2 weeks later.

Do you really think Elway is going to come out and say "Yeah PM lost a step. Hes not worth 20 million to us. We may just cut him if he wont renegotiate."

He would never get another FA to come play here again. He is playing the game. Saying all the right things so he can still be the good guy to the fanbase. Like it or not, there is a large segment of people who just pay attention to Names. OHHHHH We have PM as QB!. ... Gee neat... that might have been cool 7 years ago. PM is also a proud QB who is loved by the media. He has to tread lightly in any discussions with him.

You asked for evidence the team may not want him back?

I can think of many reasons.

Firing the head coach makes him would most likely make a guy on the fence about coming back think twice.
    Firing the OC would most likely make a guy on the fence think twice about coming back.
    Changing the offensive Scheme and or philosophy..
    Possibly not retaining personnel that manning has his chemistry with (DT/JT etc...)
    This upcoming meeting with the FO "prior to him agreeing to come back"

I really don't think this is as much a lock as people feel it is. I really think Elway is going to put the screws to PFM. He will use examples like tom brady taking a team contract to make it possible to win. "I don't want to cut you, but we need the cap space" "do you want to part way mutually?" " time to retire so we don't have to cut you?" "you know we could fail you at your physical" that sort of stuff.

Give me a team that has more offensive talent than Denver... Anyone? Who has a WR/TE corps that can stack up to Julius, DT, and Sanders? Maybe GB? Thats about the only one I can think of.

CJA had 0 problem running the ball the 2nd half of the year. IF stats and points interest you, CJA was one of the top 3 most productive backs in football week 10 onward.

You conveniently left out O-line protection....very good job...almost slipped it past me

It all starts up front. If the line isnt blocking well, it doesnt really matter who is throwing the ball, or who he is throwing it to.

There is a good reason why there are reports that the Broncos are looking at cleaning out the OL, looking to keep only Clady and Vasquez.