Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Manning informed Elway he is ready to go

Our local station here in Spokane had a highlight in sports that said Manning flew home to Denver where he informed Elway he was ready to go for another season. The station claimed the info was via Schefter at ESPN. Official announcement and press conference to come next week. This for many of us is good news! I am confident Kubiak and staff will handle his return well and make the team ready.

Cool

As I suspected. This will be a great litmus test if nothing else. It's gonna be hard to go all the way in 1 season, but maybe that takes pressure off Manning.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Darn strait! Let's Ray Lewis this biz..

Another season of false hopes....

Nice bit of liberty you took there adding to the report eh?

All that we know is Manning has told Denver he wants to, and believes he can play this year.

It's very obvious our front office is undecided as to if they want him back, or if they think he's even healthy enough to do so. They still have to put him through his physical, they also have the power to fail his physical and be free of his contract.

Waste of 20 million, I will be watching this season with low expectations

I wish people would see the silver lining and understand where we can use this 20 extra million. We can be a elite offensive line and add key players on defense. If any QB needs a line its Manning

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

All that we know is Manning has told Denver he wants to, and believes he can play this year.

It's very obvious our front office is undecided as to if they want him back, or if they think he's even healthy enough to do so. They still have to put him through his physical, they also have the power to fail his physical and be free of his contract.
    How is it obvious? The FO has given no indication that they don't want him back. In fact everything they've said is that they want Manning back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Rebel View Post
    I wish people would see the silver lining and understand where we can use this 20 extra million. We can be a elite offensive line and add key players on defense. If any QB needs a line its Manning
    I agree. Brady plus Gronkowski plus Lafell = Manning's cap hit. That should tell you how overpaid he is. Two players tops at their positions plus a starting WR are somehow being paid cumulatively as much as an average QB?

Lets do this! Manning and Kubiak are gonna come into the season to wash the stench from last season. Im excited for next season!!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    How is it obvious? The FO has given no indication that they don't want him back. In fact everything they've said is that they want Manning back.
    Because if they did, there would be absolutely no room for speculation, and there is plenty.

PM or no PM I trust Elway and I trust Kubiak more then any HC and staff we have had in a long time

I am excited about the 2015 season. Free agent signings and the draft will only help.

It is not going to be perfect...there are 31 other teams working towards same goal we are...not everything will fall our way

But I really feel good about Elway plus his front office peeps and Kubiak and his coaching staff
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

What is very obvious is that you don't want Peyton back.

I agree. Brady plus Gronkowski plus Lafell = Manning's cap hit. That should tell you how overpaid he is. Two players tops at their positions plus a starting WR are somehow being paid cumulatively as much as an average QB?

A QB who just shifted his money around (didn't take less, actually took $1 million more to do it) and is speculated to be wanting the Patriots to adjust his salary upwards + a TE (one of the lower paid positions in the league) + a receiver who hadn't proven anything before signing in NE and would still be a 3/4 on most good teams.

If Gronkowski comes in the money they would save by not paying Manning then I'm all for it, otherwise I'll just keep the QB who gives Denver the best chance to win.

Because if they did, there would be absolutely no room for speculation, and there is plenty.

The speculation is pretty much all from fans. If you listen to the reports from the credible reporters, except for the one outlier report, they're all that Manning is coming back and will be the Broncos QB in 2015.