Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    The more this drags on the less likely Manning returns. If his heart, and over all health, were really into it, I imagine he wouldve already announced it by now.
    There is no decision to make, until after he has all his team physicals. As far as I know, that hasnt happened yet. Therefore, no decision.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Thats gotta have all the tinfoil hats crinkled up.

Any Bronco fan that wants Manning gone should be required to be locked in a room and watch the Broncos games in 2011 against the Bills/home Chiefs/Pats back to back to back and then re=evaluate their stance.

I feel Manning should retire and allow Osweiller to be the starter based on his performance on the last four games of last season as well as the Championship Game.

As well, I honestly believe Manning wants to come back to the team with a "ME" attitude, and not with a Team attitude.

Also, Peyton is holding back Osweiller from becoming the starting QB. As well, these are my reasons why I believe he should be let go.
    D.E

Quote Originally Posted by DanEllis View Post
    As well, I honestly believe Manning wants to come back to the team with a "ME" attitude, and not with a Team attitude.
    It's a good thing that guys much closer to the team like John Elway seem to think otherwise.

If Manning passes his physical, he will most likely be back. The big question then is what the new offense will be and who will call it. As a WCO guy, Kubiak likes a script. IMO Manning should just run what Kubiak wants and what Dennison calls. The new coordinators have much more experience.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by DanEllis View Post
    I feel Manning should retire and allow Osweiller to be the starter based on his performance on the last four games of last season as well as the Championship Game.

Also, Peyton is holding back Osweiller from becoming the starting QB. As well, these are my reasons why I believe he should be let go.
    I'll grant you his performance was less than stellar but let me ask you, would you rather a player desire to play through injury (arguably shouldn't have played, but I digress) out of wont for the best for his team or, say, a player like JT who tells a teammate he's 90% and just about ready to return - who won't, better put, refuses to do any heavy lifting, isn't in it for the game, and is only looking to get paid?

Which of those two more accurately describes a "me" attitude?

Out of curiosity, how exactly is PM holding back Os? What practices or team meetings or coaches meetings have you been to that lead you to that conclusion?

I get that Elway personally drafted Os and rumor is he "doing well." Sure, having starting reps are needed to improve but I honestly cannot say that I have seen or heard anything that PM is holding Os back. It seems more the opposite that both the former coaching staff as well as the team management and now new coaching staff all believe their best chance still lies with Manning.

Should Os be going out each and every day trying to fight for the starting spot? Doesn't that suggest that either, a) he's still got a ways to go to out perform an aging QB in Manning, or b) if Os is the better of the two now, then Os is holding himself back by not raising his game enough to prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I'll grant you his performance was less than stellar but let me ask you, would you rather a player desire to play through injury (arguably shouldn't have played, but I digress) out of wont for the best for his team or, say, a player like JT who tells a teammate he's 90% and just about ready to return - who won't, better put, refuses to do any heavy lifting, isn't in it for the game, and is only looking to get paid?

Which of those two more accurately describes a "me" attitude?

Out of curiosity, how exactly is PM holding back Os? What practices or team meetings or coaches meetings have you been to that lead you to that conclusion?

I get that Elway personally drafted Os and rumor is he "doing well." Sure, having starting reps are needed to improve but I honestly cannot say that I have seen or heard anything that PM is holding Os back. It seems more the opposite that both the former coaching staff as well as the team management and now new coaching staff all believe their best chance still lies with Manning.

Should Os be going out each and every day trying to fight for the starting spot? Doesn't that suggest that either, a) he's still got a ways to go to out perform an aging QB in Manning, or b) if Os is the better of the two now, then Os is holding himself back by not raising his game enough to prove it?

You have made some very good points. But I would like to point out that Manning should retire with his health intact rather than have him re-injure his Quad either in preseason or regular season games and be carried off the field. That is not the way I want to see him go.

In regards to Brock Osweiller, I've seen him play in preseason games, but he's hardly played in the regular season since he's been with the Broncos. To my knowledge, he's never played a full game since he's been with the Broncos.

I would love to have Manning be a Mentor to Brock (he may be already) to be the best he can be. It's hard enough to out-perform Manning anyway.

I am hoping Elway has a plan in place with Osweiller, if and when Manning does retire.

Peyton Manning would also be a great QB Coach with the Broncos if the opportunity is there.
    D.E

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If Manning passes his physical, he will most likely be back. The big question then is what the new offense will be and who will call it. As a WCO guy, Kubiak likes a script. IMO Manning should just run what Kubiak wants and what Dennison calls. The new coordinators have much more experience.
    Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver
    Kubiak says that on game days, OC Rick Dennison will be upstairs. QB/passing-game coordinator Greg Knapp will be on sideline, relaying the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by maggnus View Post
    Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver
    Kubiak says that on game days, OC Rick Dennison will be upstairs. QB/passing-game coordinator Greg Knapp will be on sideline, relaying the calls.
    That's interesting to know. The box is a good place for coordinators during the game. They get a better view of the whole field and the opponent's sideline first hand. Knapp has a lot of experience and is a good choice for the sideline IMO.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

"We just talked about family, talked about his health and talked about where he is," Kubiak added later. "I talked about my excitement toward wanting to coach him [and how] I'm looking forward to being a part of this organization. That's about as far as it's been."

Although football conversations with Manning are out, Kubiak, Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison and Quarterbacks Coach/Passing Game Coordinator Greg Knapp are still immersed in the offense, watching film and working on the nomenclature the offense will use going forward.

When Manning came to Denver in 2012, he and the Broncos' coaches at the time translated the offense to which he was accustomed into the language that the Broncos began using in 2009, when Josh McDaniels arrived from the New England Patriots, bringing the nomenclature used there since the 1970s. Kubiak's offensive language has been that of the West Coast schemes. And Manning's checks and calls add another dimension.

"What we've done is taken what they've done, and taken Peyton's verbiage, and taken what I've done, which, there's a lot of cross already," Kubiak said. "We're meshing two things together, and that's a great challenge. I know that's something that Rick and Knapp, those guys are enjoying, and I'm enjoying being a part of.

"It kind of gets your juices flowing again as we put all this together, but, yeah, that's what we're trying to do as we speak."

The language will be different in some ways, but Manning's role will be the same. And Kubiak's arrival does not necessarily mean that Manning will be rolling out more than at any point since his college days.

"You do what your players do best," Kubiak said. "It's interesting to me --I've been asked over the course of the last month since I've been in Denver about the bootleg and those types of things. We had Joe [Flacco] in Baltimore last year and I think we booted maybe 25 times in the season.

"You do what you players do best. We're going to run the Denver Broncos offense. That's a big challenge for me right now--meshing things together and getting ready to go do the things that Peyton does so well and has for many years."

That includes making some calls at the line of scrimmage. Kubiak said that Knapp will relay the call from the sideline to the quarterback, with Kubiak, Knapp and Dennison all involved in the sideline play-calling process.

But if Manning returns, he can expect to make plenty of calls and reads at the line of scrimmage.

"Obviously, at the line of scrimmage, he's as good as there's ever been in the game. You don't ever take that away from your players," Kubiak said. "It's something that I really look forward to talking to him about, his mindset, his philosophy.

I've been a part of both, where, they said, 'Hey, you can call every game for me,' or, 'No, I want to do more at the line of scrimmage.' With [Flacco] last year, the further we went, the more we did at the line of scrimmage, so, obviously, Peyton's as good as there's ever been doing it."
    source: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...7-46e3565a8a01

He needs to take a pay cut plain and simple. If he does not I'm not sure I'd want him to come back. Just being honest. Manning doesn't warrant his salary and if he truly wants to win he'd take a pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    Our local station here in Spokane had a highlight in sports that said Manning flew home to Denver where he informed Elway he was ready to go for another season. The station claimed the info was via Schefter at ESPN. Official announcement and press conference to come next week. This for many of us is good news! I am confident Kubiak and staff will handle his return well and make the team ready.
    Schefter is legit. A very good journalist. You can believe what he reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Any Bronco fan that wants Manning gone should be required to be locked in a room and watch the Broncos games in 2011 against the Bills/home Chiefs/Pats back to back to back and then re=evaluate their stance.
    Thats funny cause I think that no Bronco fan would want PM back. Why would you? Maybe the PM fans should be forced to sit and watch last seasons games from STL through Indy. Also correct me if I am wrong....BUt didnt we win a play off game in 2011? How many did we win last season? Just asking
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    Thats funny cause I think that no Bronco fan would want PM back. Why would you? Maybe the PM fans should be forced to sit and watch last seasons games from STL through Indy. Also correct me if I am wrong....BUt didnt we win a play off game in 2011? How many did we win last season? Just asking
    I think both of you are speaking way too broadly. Saying "any Bronco fan who doesn't want Manning"..... "And I think no Bronco fan wants him back..."

It's usually more effective to speak for yourself and voice your own opinion than to say what all Bronco fans want or don't want.

Neither of you know what all Bronco fans want or don't want in regards to Manning so please stop speaking as if you do.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 02-19-2015 at 06:17 AM.