Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rahim Moore Expected to Walk...Thank Goodness

Per Rotoworld, Rahim Moore is likely to not be re-signed and will be a free agent, I am hoping this to be true, although I do have a feeling Moore wants to be in Denver so he could really bend to make it work...but I hope we part with him

He never actually makes the play, has very limited range, I love how he reacted being drafted by Broncos but I didn't think his college footage was impressive and saw limited range even in college, nothing impressive....and his NFL career has been no different imo, he played solid, but I want range and a playmaker at FS, Rahim Moore is not my style...not to mention he may have costed us a damn SB on a straight embarrassing joke of a play vs BAL

While I agree he hasn't been the best here, and it wouldnt hurt my feelings to see him walk after he handed the Ravens a SB berth, I think that if he's coached up, he's serviceable.

But in truth, I'd rather seen Bruton get his shot.

Hooray, beer!

I thought he played fine. Not an major impact player but solid throughout the years.

The biggest question will be who they replace him with. And will he be any better?

I hope Webster steps up. He is very active, and can be what we want out of a FS.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    While I agree he hasn't been the best here, and it wouldnt hurt my feelings to see him walk after he handed the Ravens a SB berth, I think that if he's coached up, he's serviceable.

But in truth, I'd rather seen Bruton get his shot.
    Bruton is a baller, and he showed some good stuff when he got opportunity s would also like to see him get a legit shot at safety

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Bruton is a baller, and he showed some good stuff when he got opportunity s would also like to see him get a legit shot at safety
    Bruton was a baller on special teams. But on the occasions he got secondary time he was lost. Consistently out of position. Perhaps coaching and schemes can improve on that.

OK so Rahim in 2012 and 2013 (pre-injury) was playing very well. This year he struggled. Was this lingering effect of the leg injury? If so will he ever fully recover? This is a legitimate concern. I'm fine with moving on because right now we just can't allocate that money to him, and we literally have no idea what he will be from here on. Will he continue to improve? Is his leg permanently damaged?

However, If he wants to take a discount to stay because he loves it here, I wouldn't mind seeing him back. The fact still remains that we have no proven talent to take his spot on this roster currently. This by no means we shouldn't continue looking for an upgrade, and I think whether he stays or leaves we should move forward with the plan to give Webster a good look at FS.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Bruton was a baller on special teams. But on the occasions he got secondary time he was lost. Consistently out of position. Perhaps coaching and schemes can improve on that.
    If Wade can make Glover Quin great, imagine what he could do with a bigger, faster, stronger version of him in Bruton.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    referring to the last couple of weeks of the regular season when he got a bit more playing time, he actually played well. there were times in previous years/games where he did look lost i agree

Eh. He's one of the best FS in the league. Only Thomas and McCourty are definitively better.

Manning lost us that Ravens game much more so than Moore did FYI, his play was much worse than Moore's, throwing two picks including the one that set the Ravens up for the game winner.

Bruton is terrible. Very stiff and poor instincts. He plays like he was supposed to be a lineman but he's 60lbs too small.

Let me be the first to say I'd prefer we draft or sign a safety or go with Webster over Bruton....

And also, you can't teach range, Rahim Moore has no range

All depends on what you want a safety to do. Bruton is better in pass coverage, but Moore is the better tackler. Bruton is much faster, but Moore takes better angles and breaks down better.

Of the draft safeties, only one -- Eskridge -- seems to have much speed. He also has good size, but his pass coverage and tackling are nothing spectacular.

I think Moore will find more money elsewhere, Bruton will become the free safety, and just for insurance the Broncos will draft one of the top safeties, ideally Eskridge or the guy from Louisville.

My best memory of Moore is the back of his jersey running to catch up to the play. Worst FS I have ever seen-- yet for some reason he has a cult following like a bad movie.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    My best memory of Moore is the back of his jersey running to catch up to the play. Worst FS I have ever seen-- yet for some reason he has a cult following like a bad movie.
    He more so has a cult group of negativity. Then there are those that actually watch the games and understand what they're seeing. I am one of those few, and we defend him for what he is; an above average young player. One who has had many more positive plays than negative, and more above average seasons than below average. A player who has obviously improved every year he's spent in the league.

Now that's not to say everyone who is against him is uneducated, they may just be too emotionally influenced by the Baltimore game.

Moore has been average, and it may not necessarily be a bad thing to move away from. On the same coin, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. That said, I'm excited about the prospect of Webster getting a shot at FS.