Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How to Handle Brock?

With Peyton coming back for another year (or two) how do the Broncos handle Brock Osweilers contract thats up? If they want him to be the heir apparent to Peyton they need to keep him around so how exactly do you know how much to pay him since he currently is a backup but will be the starter in the future?

bridge contract.

something like 3 years 15 million.

GB2

How to handle Brock? It's like The Farside cartoon with Godzilla reading the sign outside the city: "You must be at least this tall to attack the city."
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

It's far from a sure thing that Manning will play this year. 6 days and counting until the deadline when he must have a restructured contract. Otherwise he will be cut.

People are so quick to judge Brock and he doesn't even have a lot of playing time. I believe the individuals that post such critical reviews are either bored or senseless. It's like everyone judging Manziel so harshly for his performance. Sure, I don't agree with his ego but he was irrationally put in some difficult situations for his team and expected to win. That's not realistic.

The key is development and patience. It would be wise for some fans out there (looking at some of you Bronco fans) to develop that discipline.

I would imagine that they would try to sign him to an incentive laden contract based on snaps per game.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    It's far from a sure thing that Manning will play this year. 6 days and counting until the deadline when he must have a restructured contract. Otherwise he will be cut.
    WOW!!! Just WOW. LOL

As to Brock Osweiler, I can't believe that John Elway will move forward with an untested QB without first trying to pull off a Blockbuster move. For instance, if the New York Giants have another tough season, I can't help but believe that John Elway would love to have another "Manning" who has 2 rings, and some success in the Playoffs that has eluded Peyton. Or how about a 37 year old Drew Brees who will be a $27 million dollar cap hit to the Saints next year.

I don't see a huge chance of the Broncos retaining Osweiler UNLESS Manning gets hurt and Osweiler has some success when forced onto the field. And judging by how many games Manning has missed since he came to Denver, I don't see that as likely.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    WOW!!! Just WOW. LOL

As to Brock Osweiler, I can't believe that John Elway will move forward with an untested QB without first trying to pull off a Blockbuster move. For instance, if the New York Giants have another tough season, I can't help but believe that John Elway would love to have another "Manning" who has 2 rings, and some success in the Playoffs that has eluded Peyton. Or how about a 37 year old Drew Brees who will be a $27 million dollar cap hit to the Saints next year.

I don't see a huge chance of the Broncos retaining Osweiler UNLESS Manning gets hurt and Osweiler has some success when forced onto the field. And judging by how many games Manning has missed since he came to Denver, I don't see that as likely.
    You say wow to my post yet follow it up with scenarios with 0 chance to ever happen?

Brock was drafted and is being treated as the future of the franchise. When Peyton is gone it is Brock's job to lose and he will have at least one full season to do so or earn more. It would be such an astromically terrible idea to Ty and bring in Eli or Brees, not to mention very unlikely. You think Elway is that poor of a GM? That he would make one of the most idiotic trades in history?

It's almost a complete certainty that Brock will be back, he was Elways hand picked QB and has spent 3 years being coached up. They will not throw away a 2nd round pick like that especially when nothing but good reports come from dove valley as to what the FO thinks of him now.

Elway wants manning to take less money, maybe manning doesn't want to take as little as Elway is offering, that would mean manning gets cut. That's a legitimate possibility, what you suggested is not even neighboring the realm of possibility.

Brock will be our starter, and will be re-signed, those are facts, and will come to fruition this season or the next.

Now, how he actually performs is anyone's guess. I tend to lean towards optimism so I believe he will be successful.

Considering how much money QBs make, I believe Osweiler will push for a 1-year, prove-it deal to get a chance to make big money in 2017. I doubt he will settle for $5 million/year in a multi-year deal when he might be considered a $10+ million/year QB in the open market by 2017. Josh McCown, a 35-year old QB who led the Bucs to the NFL's worst record last season, just signed a 3-year, $14 million contract with $6.25 million guaranteed. I am sure Osweiler is confident in his ability, so I can see him betting on himself to seek the big reward.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

You say wow to my post yet follow it up with scenarios with 0 chance to ever happen?

Brock was drafted and is being treated as the future of the franchise. When Peyton is gone it is Brock's job to lose and he will have at least one full season to do so or earn more. It would be such an astromically terrible idea to Ty and bring in Eli or Brees, not to mention very unlikely. You think Elway is that poor of a GM? That he would make one of the most idiotic trades in history?

It's almost a complete certainty that Brock will be back, he was Elways hand picked QB and has spent 3 years being coached up. They will not throw away a 2nd round pick like that especially when nothing but good reports come from dove valley as to what the FO thinks of him now.

Elway wants manning to take less money, maybe manning doesn't want to take as little as Elway is offering, that would mean manning gets cut. That's a legitimate possibility, what you suggested is not even neighboring the realm of possibility.

Brock will be our starter, and will be re-signed, those are facts, and will come to fruition this season or the next.

Now, how he actually performs is anyone's guess. I tend to lean towards optimism so I believe he will be successful.
    I usually don't but I agree with this post. Elway going out and attempting to sign Eli or a QB like Brees is never gonna happen. Brock is Elway's pick and has every chance to be our future QB.

Now, it's anyone's guess what happens with Manning and his contract. I'll wait until I know for sure what happens. I actually think whether Manning comes back may now have something to do with whether DT will still be here as well as money.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Handle with care.

He'll most likely want to go somewhere else, hopefull to a team with a good head coach that can help his development and get him started very quickly which team is that I have no idea.

Even if Peyton Manning stays here with Denver for the next five years Brock will be in a better situation here because he'll get his chance here. If he goes to another team like Washington, Philadelphia, New York he still going to have to get in line behind a bunch of other qbs that are poorly coached anyway and he won't get his fair shot.

Idk, Mile High Report posted something about Manning filming a commercial seen in his Denver uniform. Sure, it could be grasping at straws, but nonetheless...

https://twitter.com/JonHeathNFL/stat...465857/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Considering how much money QBs make, I believe Osweiler will push for a 1-year, prove-it deal to get a chance to make big money in 2017. I doubt he will settle for $5 million/year in a multi-year deal when he might be considered a $10+ million/year QB in the open market by 2017. Josh McCown, a 35-year old QB who led the Bucs to the NFL's worst record last season, just signed a 3-year, $14 million contract with $6.25 million guaranteed. I am sure Osweiler is confident in his ability, so I can see him betting on himself to seek the big reward.
    People get hung up on the years on the contract. Those really don't matter once the guaranteed part of the contract is done. Take McCown for example...Really the first year is the only year that matters on the contract. The last 2 are very much up in the air and are tied more to him actually playing really well for him to even get the money of the contract. They can walk away after 1-year if he doesn't pan out and really after 1-year say he is playing well he can still make more than that $5 million a year because of the incentives.

As for Brock I could see them sign him to a 3-year type deal with the first year being around that $5 million. That is pretty good money for a guy that has been a back up all of his life and gives him the chance to prove he is worth more. The last 2-years could just be throw on years that are easily voidable. Such as Suh just voided the last year of his contract in Detroit because he wanted to test the open market. With contracts it all comes down to guarantees and wording.

Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    Idk, Mile High Report posted something about Manning filming a commercial seen in his Denver uniform. Sure, it could be grasping at straws, but nonetheless...

https://twitter.com/JonHeathNFL/stat...465857/photo/1
    I don't think anyone would say that means anything. As of now he's a bronco, so of course he's going to take the several million dollars and star in a commercial. Doesn't mean he will always be a bronco.