Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    How about Brock Lesnar?
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Find a way to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Considering how much money QBs make, I believe Osweiler will push for a 1-year, prove-it deal to get a chance to make big money in 2017. I doubt he will settle for $5 million/year in a multi-year deal when he might be considered a $10+ million/year QB in the open market by 2017. Josh McCown, a 35-year old QB who led the Bucs to the NFL's worst record last season, just signed a 3-year, $14 million contract with $6.25 million guaranteed. I am sure Osweiler is confident in his ability, so I can see him betting on himself to seek the big reward.
    Some fans just don't want to hear about players making a lot of money. "He's not worth IMO!"

Here's something to consider. IF John Elway had seen anything in the last 3 years to convince him that Brock Osweiler was going to be another Aaron Rogers stepping in to replace Brett Favre, do you really think he would have been so desperate to have Peyton Manning back for one more year?

Remember the Packers? When Favre announced his retirement they quickly accepted it. Then he tried to come back for one more year only to be told "sorry! It's too late now! We've made other plans that don't include you." He had to move on to NY where he could suck and the sexting opportunities were better.

It's because Elway doesn't think Brock Osweiler is anything special that we get Peyton for one more year. He can say all year long "we have confidence in Brock Osweiler" but his actions don't back that up.

They are obviously NOT eager to "see what we have in Brock Osweiler" and I would say based on Elway's conduct that the chances of Osweiler ever becoming the Broncos franchise QB for years to come are none too hot.

If Peyton does well this season, and wants to come back for 2016, it doesn't look like Elway will say "sorry Peyton we just want to move on to the Osweiler era." Of course, if he turns out to have lost his ability to play in this league and struggles all year, he won't be back and Elway will probably give Osweiler a chance (why not?).

He will also look for another QB to compete for the job in the draft or in FA.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-10-2015 at 08:28 PM.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Nothing, they wasted him, whether he will be good or not. He should be starting this year and move towards the future instead of wasted season w glass manning

I bet dollars to donuts that Brock will start a few games towards the end of the season. Part of Kubiaks job is to protect manning, and that means protecting him from himself. We can not count on Manning playing an entire 16 game season and still be 100% for the playoffs. Mannings best chance is to sit a few games to keep his body intact.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    I bet dollars to donuts that Brock will start a few games towards the end of the season. Part of Kubiaks job is to protect manning, and that means protecting him from himself. We can not count on Manning playing an entire 16 game season and still be 100% for the playoffs. Mannings best chance is to sit a few games to keep his body intact.
    who knows...... this season is a total wild card.

Maybe once Manning has obtained those career records he might not mind sitting and resting
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Until if/when we can rap up home field I don't think so. Now I can see him sitting him for quarters if/when games are out of hand. But I don't see him sitting him for games as long as home field has yet to be determined. Too, important. But we shall see. One thing is for sure. It should be a very interesting year. Can't wait to see how this team comes together.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by johnjoda View Post
    John Elway is a poker player. He knows what he has in Oz and he is not going to show his hand. If he believes Oz is the real deal, why would he let Oz know that. That would cost some money. He might believe Oz is a great backup. A role Elway obviously respects.

I do not think there will ever be a time when we are not developing a quarterback (a la Ron Wolfe)

btw I have imagined the Eli scenario.
    Your silly if you think John is playing games with OZ to save a million or so.

He is making close to 900k this coming year.

There is little doubt in my mind that OZ knows his worth.

There are similarities between Brock Osweiler and Joe Flacco. Osweiler might do well in the full fledged Kubiak offense. Time will tell.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I love all the arm chair HCs that KNOW how much manning can play.

Only John Manning and now Kubes make these decisions,

Knowing manning wants every known record in the record book. So sitting unless he is hurt is not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    There are similarities between Brock Osweiler and Joe Flacco. Osweiler might do well in the full fledged Kubiak offense. Time will tell.
    I agree and have thought that since he signed. Just needs time to be get up to NFL speed.

Think about it; Peyton played all 16 games last season and as a result he was limping into the postseason. I think the goal should be to have Manning at or near 100% when we reach the postseason. HFA is not as important as Manning being as close to 100%. How you get there is not as important as how we play once there. John Elway sat out 4 games in his last season and as a result he was close to 100% for the postseason. John Elway finished the season as Super Bowl MVP.

Think about it; Peyton played all 16 games last season and as a result he was limping into the postseason. I think the goal should be to have Manning at or near 100% when we reach the postseason. HFA is not as important as Manning being as close to 100%. How you get there is not as important as how we play once there. John Elway sat out 4 games in his last season and as a result he was close to 100% for the postseason. John Elway finished the season as Super Bowl MVP.
    Once again a leap of faith.

If Home field is riding on winning they are going to play Manning. IF and when that is locked up as long as he is healthy Manning will play. Whether John sat out or not.

But Elway doesnt choke in the play offs, and had arm strength enough to hit open WR downfield. Elway left the game with gas in the tank but nothing left to prove, PM is leaving the field with nothing left and plenty of questions.. Totally different situation

As for Brock...There is just no good way to deal with it. We can either trade him for peanuts. Keep him to be a starter next season (which case we would have to sign him to his second contract and pay him as a starter) without ever seeing him play, or keep him of the season as a back up and then let him bolt in FA. Right now Oz is a lose or lose big kinda deal for us
    Last edited by japfaff; 03-23-2015 at 05:02 AM.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    Once again a leap of faith.

If Home field is riding on winning they are going to play Manning. IF and when that is locked up as long as he is healthy Manning will play. Whether John sat out or not.
    I believe the only exception to that will be if Manning is hurt or is hurting. I think it is better to have Manning stay healthy and bring in your 3-year NFL backup then to risk having your top tier QB get hurt more and impact an even more significant game in the coming weeks.