Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos MUST have a proven RB!

So last season before it started I called out the Broncos running backs. None of them looked like NFL material. That being said we might have a good one in CJ, but CJ is still unproven. If Peyton comes back we can't let his last ride rest solely on an unproven rookie.

Just like I said last preseason, if we can't run the ball Peyton can't and won't stay healthy all season, and BAM Peyton barely made it through the season.

We must have a solid PROVEN RB. The RB standing next to Peyton must be a threat, not a thought.

I like CJ and we are going to run the heck out of him, but running the ball is KEY, keeping the defense fresh, keep possessions away fro the other team, and most importantly the balanced attack to keep Peyton from having to face an all out pass rush and exotic blitzes every time he drops back, and to keep him healthy.

No. C.J. Anderson is a proven RB. Unless you want to pretend last season never existed or he somehow forgot how to run with the ball.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    No. C.J. Anderson is a proven RB. Unless you want to pretend last season never existed or he somehow forgot how to run with the ball.
    This x2.

CJ is a young back coming off a great season. He only played a half season and made the pro bowl. It's reasonable to expect him to have a great year this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Saw the thread title and came here to post the EXACT same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    This x2.

CJ is a young back coming off a great season. He only played a half season and made the pro bowl. It's reasonable to expect him to have a great year this year as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by saltparrot View Post
    Saw the thread title and came here to post the EXACT same thing.
    Me too! So I'll just say ditto! CJ is gonna flourish under Kubiak's system. Hillman should too.

CJ is the man. Pretty much the only guy who showed up in the playoffs. Though he broke the lineup late in the season, he definitely proved he's a boing use starter.

Besides, where's this pool of proven RBs to choose from?

What's your definition of proven? Are you talking about CJ Spiller? AP? Steven Jackson, with his wear and tear?

I'd say our CJ is quite good. The kid wants it.
    I wouldn't say our backfield is one of our needs.

LOL. Stupid auto correct.

Bonifide starter. Not boing use starter.

Where does auto correct come up with that stuff?

CJ Anderson only played 8 actual regular season games in 2014/15. If we drop his stats from the first 8 games (which totaled 17 carries, one game he had 0 touches, and he never had more than 5) he had a total of:

767 Yards
    162 Attempts
    4.73 YPA

Assuming same production over 16 games, and you're looking at someone with over 1500 yards rushing, and 324 attempts. For those wondering, that would put him at #2 in the NFL in total yards. Oh, and FYI... his 4.73 YPA is higher than Demarco Murray, Le'Veon Bell, and Beast Mode.

So yeah, I'm quite content with watching CJ destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    LOL. Stupid auto correct.

Bonifide starter. Not boing use starter.

Where does auto correct come up with that stuff?
    Hahaha!! I was gonna say! He was anything but boring; he was quite exciting to watch.

CJ is a proven back, and every bit as dangerous as many of the top dogs out there. He only played half the season and was as good as anyone the last half of the season.

He was also the one guy in Denver who's head wasn't in a different area code in the playoffs.

I think CJ and Ronnie are both "proven" and while Montee Ball is the odd man out right now, I think he's a very good back that will eventually be productive when his next chance arises. Even Juwan Thompson ran very well last year, and both he/C.J. have that "tough runner" style, ability to cut, and some moves that lead me to believe last season is not simply a fluke. And this all came behind a dicey offensive line.

In short, I think RB rivals CB as our deepest and most established position.

It's a good group of young RBs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    This x2.

I spent all last summer hearing how "reasonable" it was that Ball was going to dominate too. All based upon his last half of the season. Didn't exactly work out that well.

Anderson impressed. Perhaps he can excel as the primary RB. I have a bit more confidence in the RBs then I did last year at this time because of his performances.

Also expect a FB to be added to the lineup. That will help protect Manning and with blocking assignments. But Hillman and Ball have a lot to prove before I will have any confidence in either.

I understand it is not likely with the current salary cap situation but would you really be upset if Elway could convince a vet RB like Gore, Ingram, Spiller or even Bush to come to Denver for a couple million. You would miss Hillman that much? Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    [/B]

I spent all last summer hearing how "reasonable" it was that Ball was going to dominate too. All based upon his last half of the season. Didn't exactly work out that well.

Anderson impressed. Perhaps he can excel as the primary RB. I have a bit more confidence in the RBs then I did last year at this time because of his performances.

Also expect a FB to be added to the lineup. That will help protect Manning and with blocking assignments. But Hillman and Ball have a lot to prove before I will have any confidence in either.

I understand it is not likely with the current salary cap situation but would you really be upset if Elway could convince a vet RB like Gore, Ingram, Spiller or even Bush to come to Denver for a couple million. You would miss Hillman that much? Not me.
    Pretty different scenarios.

Ball gained 500 yards as the backup all year. Ball was never asked o be the lead back.

CJ had 800 and 10 TDS in only 8 games, with no meaningful snaps as a backup. CJ had the full workload pushed onto him and he responded greatly.