Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Honestly I am thrilled CJ showed up, (I did NOT see him doing what he did). I don't think Hillman is a bust... Mainly because I think he has always been meant to be a change of pace guy. I just don't think we ran the ball enough for a change of pace runner to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Hillman is a complete bust. How many more years and chances is he going to get before ppl realize this. He had a couple of decent games before injury... Big deal. He's a speed back without the speed.

Too early to write Ball off and the ZBS should help him but so far he's looked like another big ten plodder.

CJ was brilliant last year.

I would probably roll with what we have... Too many other needs in the draft..... If we have a chance to grab a speed back tho I wouldn't be unhappy
    Well said. I would add to it that any speed back we'd pick-up would need to be a PR/KR guys as well. Even if he doesn't end up being the main guy he needs to at the very least provide quality depth at that position. I also think we need to pickup a big back who can be a convert to FB. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Salutethis View Post
    Honestly I am thrilled CJ showed up, (I did NOT see him doing what he did). I don't think Hillman is a bust... Mainly because I think he has always been meant to be a change of pace guy. I just don't think we ran the ball enough for a change of pace runner to do anything.
    I urge you to go back and look at the tape of him last season. Hillman made multiple attempts to round the edge and simply didn't have the burst speed to make it. I think his issue is he is fast, very fast but not at this weight. The biggest issue with Hillman is in order for him to not fumble the ball at the NFL level he needs to retain his current bulk and in turn weight....its almost a bit of a catch 22 for him....trim down, get fast but lose strength and fumble or remain bigger, don't fumble but lose what makes you more unique...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Well said. I would add to it that any speed back we'd pick-up would need to be a PR/KR guys as well. Even if he doesn't end up being the main guy he needs to at the very least provide quality depth at that position. I also think we need to pickup a big back who can be a convert to FB. Just my opinion though.
    Yep... Unless they like Juwan Thompson for that role... I don't know enough about him to really comment but I've heard his name thrown around as a potential FB

Hillman is a complete bust. How many more years and chances is he going to get before ppl realize this. He had a couple of decent games before injury... Big deal. He's a speed back without the speed.
    Did you see the 49er and Jets games? 200+ combined yards and 2 TDs. The kid should not be getting more then 10-15 touches a game but he definately has a role to play and imo was our 2nd best back in 2015. Hillman had more big plays in each game then Ball had all year.

If anything I would be ready to give up on Ball before Hillman.

Hillman has shown flashes of playmaking ability

Ball has shown me nothing and his supporters have nothing to say but blame the OL even though Hillman and CJ were able to run behind that same OL.

I would give all four rbs a crack at getting reps but if I was the coach and I had to release one of the four it would be Ball and imo it would be a no brainer.
    Last edited by Hadez; 03-13-2015 at 08:07 AM.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

At the moment it doesn't look like the Broncos have given up on any of the six RBs they currently have which is enough for first, second, third team offense in TC.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

CJ is the real deal. Had he started all 16 he would have been in the pro bowl. Best runner for the Broncos in quite some time. Hillman is only good in space. Ball needs a lot of space. CJ was a complete back.

PS - CJ Anderson WAS in the probowl

Well, Hillman and Ball supporters can argue about who the 3rd best back is and who the bigger bust is, but I don't want to see either getting snaps if CJ and Juwan are healthy.

Ball is a patient, anticipation based runner...wrong type of RB for kind of porous line we had last season. Hillman is "fast"...but not fast enough to overcome other shortcomings, namely being instantly dropped at the first brush of contact.

But fortunately, we're set at RB and I'm looking forward to CJ having a good year.
    Last edited by UnitedInOrange; 03-15-2015 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    Well, Hillman and Ball supporters can argue about who the 3rd best back is and who the bigger bust is, but I don't want to see either getting snaps if CJ and Juwan are healthy.

Ball is a patient, anticipation based runner...wrong type of RB for kind of porous line we had last season. Hillman is "fast"...but not fast enough to overcome other shortcomings, namely being instantly dropped at the first brush of contact.

But fortunately, we're set at RB and I'm looking forward to CJ having a good year.
    Ball is the 2nd best RB on this roster, and when healthy I'm not convinced that he's not the best RB on the roster. I've been going back over tape and every time I watch him he just runs hard. Breaks tackles every run, has great cutbacks. I used to compare his power to beast mode but it's different. If anyone should be compared to beast mode it's CJ Anderson, ball on the other hand doesn't have the same kind of balance. When beast mode takes hits, his balance keeps him up and able to bounce off hits. Ball doesn't move much when he's hit, defenders usually fall off of him or he drags them. He should've never been playing early last year, a tweaked groin and appendix surgery? Power decision from our coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Did you see the 49er and Jets games? 200+ combined yards and 2 TDs. The kid should not be getting more then 10-15 touches a game but he definately has a role to play and imo was our 2nd best back in 2015. Hillman had more big plays in each game then Ball had all year.

If anything I would be ready to give up on Ball before Hillman.

Hillman has shown flashes of playmaking ability

Ball has shown me nothing and his supporters have nothing to say but blame the OL even though Hillman and CJ were able to run behind that same OL.

I would give all four rbs a crack at getting reps but if I was the coach and I had to release one of the four it would be Ball and imo it would be a no brainer.
    You need to go back and refresh our memory. Ball played better then most people remember and the oline played worse then most remember. He also started the season with a tweaked groin and a month removed from appendix surgery. He'll challenge Anderson for the starting spot this year.

Too early to write Ball off and the ZBS should help him but so far he's looked like another big ten plodder.

CJ was brilliant last year.

I would probably roll with what we have... Too many other needs in the draft..... If we have a chance to grab a speed back tho I wouldn't be unhappy
    Couldn't disagree more. I almost question what your watching.

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Ball is the 2nd best RB on this roster, and when healthy I'm not convinced that he's not the best RB on the roster. I've been going back over tape and every time I watch him he just runs hard. Breaks tackles every run, has great cutbacks. I used to compare his power to beast mode but it's different. If anyone should be compared to beast mode it's CJ Anderson, ball on the other hand doesn't have the same kind of balance. When beast mode takes hits, his balance keeps him up and able to bounce off hits. Ball doesn't move much when he's hit, defenders usually fall off of him or he drags them. He should've never been playing early last year, a tweaked groin and appendix surgery? Power decision from our coaching staff.
    He doesn't have the tree trunk thighs but he's almost like Michael turner in how he breaks tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    He doesn't have the tree trunk thighs but he's almost like Michael turner in how he breaks tackles.
    Exactly!!! Dang brother, I wracked my brain all night trying to come up with a comparison and that's perfect! He just runs through contact.

Start CJ. He's electric.