Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    229

    Fans and players should thank Manning

    Thank you Mr. Manning for giving Bronco fans and players a better chance of winning a championship. Plus more money for other players on the team. You are the man!!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,098
    Thank You, Peyton Manning!!!!!

    Thank You, Pat Bowlen. Thank You, John Elway. And thank you to Gary Kubiak for coming to a team which was dealing with a real HC, OC, and DC "trainwreck".

    Now, MOST of us can move forward.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    855
    Thanks Peyton. I'm having Papa John's for dinner to help defray the cost of your cut....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by mray View Post
    Thanks Peyton. I'm having Papa John's for dinner to help defray the cost of your cut....
    LOL! Thats a good idea! I will have some PJ too since I dont feel like cooking and need to paint!
    Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
    Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
    Kyle: Yeah.
    Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
    Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

    Kyle: Go Broncos.
    Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
    Cartman: Yeah.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,658
    If true, it's a pretty cool development IMO. Elway and Co. are doing a good job.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    2,970
    I will thank him when he starts pulling himself from games when we are up by 20 and lets brock get a shot.

    I will thank him when he starts putting his health and his durability for the season ahead of his own stats.

    I will thank him when he stops letting Flacco, Wilson, Rodgers, Luck, etc... outscore him the playoffs. 13 points in last 8 quarters....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    I will thank him when he starts pulling himself from games when we are up by 20 and lets brock get a shot.

    I will thank him when he starts putting his health and his durability for the season ahead of his own stats.

    I will thank him when he stops letting Flacco, Wilson, Rodgers, Luck, etc... outscore him the playoffs. 13 points in last 8 quarters....
    Well as for your first 2 points - those are coaches decisions. I suspect our new coaches will be, well you know, coaches and call those shots.

    As for the playoffs, we can only hope. Btw, when did we play Rodgers in the playoffs?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,658
    Well, I guess some wanted Manning released. They are not happy.

    Those who wanted Manning back are in two groups, I guess: Manning taking a pay cut/restructure; and, Manning back under any circumstances. The former should be happy, but the latter may feel what transpired to be an insult to PM.

    The pay cut sounds like an accomplishment relative to free agency and the salary cap.

    I'm all in favor of getting the best group of football players into TC.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    2,970
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Well as for your first 2 points - those are coaches decisions. I suspect our new coaches will be, well you know, coaches and call those shots.

    As for the playoffs, we can only hope. Btw, when did we play Rodgers in the playoffs?
    Never said we played Rodgers. I was speaking about the points that other QB's were able to generate in the playoffs.

    Edit: #2 is totally on manning. Who knows his body better than him.

    #1 is on both.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Never said we played Rodgers. I was speaking about the points that other QB's were able to generate in the playoffs.

    Edit: #2 is totally on manning. Who knows his body better than him.

    #1 is on both.
    Gotcha about Rodgers; I read it wrong and thought you were listing the QBs we played against. Therefore, I totally agree. Don't necessarily agree about sitting out. Most players will do anything to stay in the game, even if injured. I always hear former players say they never wanted to come out and that the coaches needed to make those decisions to save the players from themselves.

    As for when we have a lead, the coaches need to determine what they consider an acceptable lead and make the decision to pull him and let the back up in. If he is injured, yes, he knows his own body, but coaches should have ultimate decision making in regards to whether he plays or not. I firmly believe Manning should not have played the last few games of the season. And I believe the coaches should have been firmer and pulled him, even if he didn't want to be pulled. It should be both of them making this decision, but bottom line, it falls to the coaches to make the final decision.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    2,970
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Gotcha about Rodgers; I read it wrong and thought you were listing the QBs we played against. Therefore, I totally agree. Don't necessarily agree about sitting out. Most players will do anything to stay in the game, even if injured. I always hear former players say they never wanted to come out and that the coaches needed to make those decisions to save the players from themselves.

    As for when we have a lead, the coaches need to determine what they consider an acceptable lead and make the decision to pull him and let the back up in. If he is injured, yes, he knows his own body, but coaches should have ultimate decision making in regards to whether he plays or not. I firmly believe Manning should not have played the last few games of the season. And I believe the coaches should have been firmer and pulled him, even if he didn't want to be pulled. It should be both of them making this decision, but bottom line, it falls to the coaches to make the final decision.
    Thankfully we got rid of Fox. Here's to hoping Kubiak makes better decisions

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Thankfully we got rid of Fox. Here's to hoping Kubiak makes better decisions
    Most definitely. As I was saying in another thread, I think Fox yielded too much authority and control to Manning and it ultimately became a problem.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    2,970
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Most definitely. As I was saying in another thread, I think Fox yielded too much authority and control to Manning and it ultimately became a problem.
    Absolutely agree.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,888
    Whew! I am relieved that we have a legitimate Veteran QB running the Offense! It's about $900,000 a game based on 16 regular season games and 4 quarters of pre-season. I really don't know anyone that actually would take a pay cut.
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 03-04-2015 at 06:16 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,658
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    Whew! I am relieved that we have a legitimate Veteran QB running the Offense!
    You got that right. Veteran from the Latin vetus, veteris = old.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •