Page 120 of 148 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2219
    Quote Originally Posted by randy2191 View Post
    According to the post Stewart was told by Broncos authorities he would be replacing Moore as the starter.
    He should be, he's proven himself to be an above average safety

We should bring back big Kevin Vickerson to play nose. Huge guy, good player and great in the locker room.... Oh and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by cdumler7 View Post
    Which looking at it good chance JT's is a 3rd or 4th and Franklin's is a 4th or 5th. So we might not get the max number of comp picks but we still will get some of the higher ones available.
    Might not get all four, but at least 3 would be fine.

Depending what Elway does with the picks this year and if they move up for anyone or not.

Everyone, look at the really good teams. Are they out there signing all of the big names? GB, Sea, Pats, Balt, Pitt, Det, Denver. No they are not. The colts may be the only ones really spending a ton on big names. We picked up some nice players, lost a few, kept DT and Harris and got a much upgraded coaching staff! All is good in Broncos Country!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Just heard a really cool interview of the new rookie signing Karl Schmitz (sorry if spelled wrong)

Go to this link .. http://www.1043thefan.com/the-drive/

GO to more episodes tab and click on Karl Schmitz Interview (located inside the top of the player)

Learn where this new kicker comes from and how he got here.

Evidently he's done VERY well at the kicker's combine placing either 1st or near the top. Came to Denver for a tryout, and despite his nerves and lack of rest, he did very well and got signed. But the interview really was great. Dmac and Big Al did a great job with this little story. I recommend.
    Dizz, That is a great interview and had me chuckling at times. What a ride for this guy, I hope he does well and can eliminate one of our kickers.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comp picks are great if you pick well...really hope that starts to happen

I think our goals for free agency have just about been met. We got rid of the players demanding big money who weren't worth it to us, and replaced them with cheaper team-first guys whose contracts will help us get compensation picks and build for the future. Might not have received as high of a pick as we'd expected for Pot Roast but I'm happy with FA so far.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Meh, KC and NO had little cap room and are improving their team quite a bit, thats a copout.
    The average fan hates when their team gets OL,DL. We can't get Talib, Ware and Sanders every year. We need a Guard a Center and a Right tackle. How sexy do you want the names to be?

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Comp picks are great if you pick well...really hope that starts to happen
    Yep, i dont get why fans bring up Bal, GB, Sea, NE, etc.

They draft well year in and year out, our last 2 drafts leave alot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    Dizz, That is a great interview and had me chuckling at times. What a ride for this guy, I hope he does well and can eliminate one of our kickers.
    Wasn't it? I like the guy a lot. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Humble, but confident in his abilities. Kicking is one of those 'heady' skills. Especially punting and FG kicking when you're trying to really put the ball in a 'spot'. You need confidence for that kind of stuff.

His confidence is based on his qualifying for everything he's done to climb the ladder to where he is so far (latest qualification he finished atop a group of 45 invitees?) - and despite Dmac's attempt to 'tell Karl the deal around here' (regarding Colquitt - his big contract and how it means he's a great kicker but the price is becoming a problem especially when he's not showing big contract results) and McManus' big leg plus how it's going to be difficult to beat his competition here in Denver. When I heard Dmac saying that I was thinking, don't fill dude's head up with pressure - let him at least get to Denver first. But Karl dealt with it fine and with confidence. Not sure that was worth a whole paragraph - just saying though - he seems to have a nice balance of modesty and confidence in his abilities.

Proper understanding of Sports Psychology is vital to success as an athlete. Keeping unnecessary pressure from bogging down your productivity goes a long way. Especially when you're trying to break through into the elite tier of competition.

Really was a fun interview tho
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Yep, i dont get why fans bring up Bal, GB, Sea, NE, etc.

They draft well year in and year out, our last 2 drafts leave alot to be desired.
    I'll stilll never understand Hillman over Lamar Miller...we need better scouts lol for real though

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    I'll stilll never understand Hillman over Lamar Miller...we need better scouts lol for real though
    I happen to think that was all John Fox. Of course I have no evidence to back that up but both their alma madder is San Diego State, and he always had the dude's back at all times. Fox was good at protecting the players universally - even when they'd done something wrong but his passion was a little more with Hillman.j

When a lot of us wanted more CJ, we got more Hillman and Fox was just bangin that drum over n over.

I'm not really even knocking Hillman, just saying I think it was Fox' contribution to that draft day. I could be wrong. What do you all think?
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I happen to think that was all John Fox. Of course I have no evidence to back that up but both their alma madder is San Diego State, and he always had the dude's back at all times. Fox was good at protecting the players universally - even when they'd done something wrong but his passion was a little more with Hillman.j

When a lot of us wanted more CJ, we got more Hillman and Fox was just bangin that drum over n over.

I'm not really even knocking Hillman, just saying I think it was Fox' contribution to that draft day. I could be wrong. What do you all think?
    I think it was elway. Elway really values production in college as well as character and potential. Guys like Irving, Hillman, trevathan, Wolfe, schofield, franklin, Moore, miller. The majority of his picks have produced a lot in college.

Quote Originally Posted by diazinfante83 View Post
    The average fan hates when their team gets OL,DL. We can't get Talib, Ware and Sanders every year. We need a Guard a Center and a Right tackle. How sexy do you want the names to be?
    Wrong.

The average fan loves getting OL and DL, especially fans of a team that needs help at those positions.

The average fan does hate, however, getting OL and DL that are career backups, widely known as below average players, and offer little to no upside or chance of ever being above average.

But right now we must accept that this is all we can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Wrong.

The average fan loves getting OL and DL, especially fans of a team that needs help at those positions.

The average fan does hate, however, getting OL and DL that are career backups, widely known as below average players, and offer little to no upside or chance of ever being above average.

But right now we must accept that this is all we can afford.
    Not really. Vasquez was far from a sexy pick yet was an amazing pickup. Also what is wrong with actually trying to develop our players? It's not just about what we can afford, it's about winning from now on and that requires getting team first guys who will compete and push our young guys to be
    successful.

Everyone here complaining about drafting needs to realize that the majority of our picks in the past two years haven't even gotten a chance.

That will change with Kubs.